Map Update: More Twisted for Your Treeline

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NordicBeserkr

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeZero1 View Post
This new TT is more like Dominion now. No wards is really bad. The altar mechanic only promotes bloodbath with no real strategies. Laning phase is non-existant and not enough camps to jungle properly.

Only good thing is Vilemaw, total badass and awesome look. The wall to prevent turtle strat is also welcome.

...I can't believe people are upvoting this guy. This forum is full of idiots.

Wards on a small map makes ganking and jungling impossible.

The altar is a small boost, just an afterthought unless one team manages to get both. But it's not worth the time really.

You will have a laning phase, if you don't lane you'll be so behind unless you Ace the enemy team constantly. And against a good team that's going to be impossible.

The small amount of camps promotes frequent ganks, something needed on this map.

KeeperOLight

10-22-2012

I'm a fairly hardcore 3v3 player. I am glad to see that there will be more viable team comps, however I am not amused with the fact that there will be no wards. That is going to be a very big hindrance. because of this now there is an absolute requirement to have someone in the jungle at all times. It amplifies the effect of risk and reward but it takes away from skilled/strategic play. I understand that there are no wards in dominion, and there is a reason why there is no ranked matches in dominion. In my opinion I really think there are going to need to be wards, especially since ganking both lanes is going to be much easier and there are going to be many more entrances. This needs to be re-thought.

CoffeeCaveman

10-22-2012

Color me impressed. But I have to say, I like where your going with this. But I also don't at the same time. A lot of the points you addressed needed to be addressed, but at the same time I liked those things about it. For most of the changes, I think I'm going to like them alot, and I'll just have to play to see what I think. But there was 1 change that I don't think I'm going to like. The removal of wards. I think taking that out might change it too much. That was the thing that I liked least that you mentioned about the changes. But, again, I'll just have to wait and see.

Doansr

10-22-2012

So now anyone with built in traps like teemo and caitlyn are basically op? or are they perma-banned from TT

Hydroctopus

10-22-2012

I will not be happy until i see Urf as a playable champion that we can have forever. So it looks like Riot will never be happy because i am most definitely not happy.

BladenBeast

10-22-2012

Amazing! I will do more 3v3 in Twisted Treeline now!

SNJS

10-22-2012

Looks nice. I like the changes, however I want more maps available.. its very boring to see same screen all the time you play..

A Canadian

10-22-2012

Ive always been a TT fan. most of my matches are 3v3s. heres my feedback on the re-work. there is hardly ANY laning phase because of the objectives, the first team to gain an advantage wins. idk why this is, but ive played maybe 10 games and whoever got fb won. WARDS, i see the reason behind it, but i think its still very important, maybe increase the price. and frankly, you were always able to jungle on old TT, u cant really jungle in the new one. I wouldnt say i dislike the new map, but teams snowball way to easily and u cant turtle at all. you guys mixed dom with TT, and i think you should leave dom players and TT players seperate.

ploki122

10-22-2012

I think you forgot to mention how although the games are now shorter, the neutral objective is now much stronger... I don't even see her die in every games now...

Zuw

10-22-2012