Map Update: More Twisted for Your Treeline

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trailgazer

10-22-2012

Am I the only one who thinks that this rework is going to ensure that every single game has rengar in it? I mean, no wards? for real? Expect to see Rengar in every match, also expect to see either teemo, shaco, nidalee, maokai, or caitlyn... Giving junglers free reign to just pop out of nowhere is a bit over the top...

Noxious Seraph

10-22-2012

add wards plz.

zzQueenzz

10-22-2012

wait so if the beta goes well are u replacing twisted treeline? or just making this a new map imean if replacing i beleve kinda stupid and unbeleveble but ppl have there reasons

Chislayer Osiris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Dat. Spider.

Goliath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Thanks riot!

BmXmAnIa

10-22-2012

I like the map and it is a lot harder to turtle now because of 2 things, 1 being the addition of altars, and 2 the new buff from vilemaw. The point of no wards is to encourage fast gameplay and theres an item for both ad and ap that give an active to reveal a location.

MIMZYnick

10-22-2012

I am frustrated. 3v3 is fine as it is. Maybe i would like this if they copied the 3v3 map and did it so that there were 2 twisted treelines. 1 would be the original that we all love and the other would be the new and "improved" version. Please do that. Also add wards because no wards means no ranked 3s.

DrMarshmallowMan

10-22-2012

when

ldqpbl

10-22-2012

...the number one reason i gave up on TT is the reduction in IP; often games would go as long as some SR matches and you finish with a 20% IP reduction (mind that i haven't played TT since the beginning of season two, so if IP rewards were fixed since then my point is moot)

Marcu Deslyn

10-22-2012

This is a really cool addition, and I'm so excited to play with champions traditionally excluded from 3v3. I also really love the art style.

However, at the risk of repeating many others and myself, why are you getting rid of the old Twisted Treeline? This new map is an extremely different: different jungle, different boss monster, different pathways, and the addition of alters. It's even going to be called Shadow Isles (going off of the first announcement, this thread is calling it Twisted Treeline again) and is a clearly different location. I know most people (probably myself included) will like the changes and will probably play this map more, but some people won't, especially with the Dom elements mixed with the traditional siege, and nearly everyone would like to play the old Twisted Treeline every now and then at least. There are also the die-hard TT'ers who would continue to only play on the original given the choice, and who would not switch to Shadow Isles even with no other options.

I personally am not a die-hard 3v3 fan, but I still enjoy playing there some of the time to mix things up, and I daresay there are limited enough options that players would appreciate another map. For those of you who swear that que times will go up if the player base is split up, look at some of the player statistics from earlier this year. Unless Riot personally tells me that it will happen, I'm not going to believe that it would make a noticeable difference (look at when dom came out, no problems there) http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2234208

And now for you people who say the old Twisted Treeline is broken...

It is not broken. It is not balanced for every character, but that simply means you have to play a champion that can handle Twisted Treeline. If you want to play a different champion, play Summoners Rift, Dom, or (if it were added as a new map) Shadow Isles. I would also like to take a moment to point out that Dom is certainly not friendly to all champions out there, and also favors bruisers and high damage champions (though is a bit more forgiving because of the larger team size). The fact that the games can be longer is also only a problem if you want a short game. I personally like longer games, and turtling is just an effective (if sometimes annoying) strategy. But I can understand why some wouldn't like it, and that's fine. Add Shadow Isles in as a new map and people can avoid turtle games and epic sieges; they can avoid all of the things many people complain about, but with both maps available people have options. I would even say you could get rid of ranked on Twisted Treeline and have it available only on Shadow Isles, since it's built to be more balanced.

Now I know Twisted Treeline was meant to be a fast paced Summoner's Rift... its not, so let that idea go into the new map, instead of fixing an interesting "mistake" (like Penicillin).

I love that your trying to cater the the majority here Riot and are listening to feedback. Please keep both maps or give me a direct answer as to why you can't, because so far nobody has even attempted a logical response. There are so many other points and arguments I haven't even made, but I think I've written enough for now.

For the Void!