counter ap yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ippii

01-22-2013

Chogath counters ap yi.

Orionxhavok

01-24-2013

Not sure how old this thread really is ... i forgot to check. However, ap yi is a monster in the laning phase ... no one really counters him, and that's all there is too it. Cho'gath comes close to countering him and if the yi isn't skilled then you can easily stop him as cho. However, that being said. If the yi IS decent at playing his champ, then he can usually time alpha strikes to confuse his laning opposition. While the laning phase is strong, ap yi gets harassed ALOT in Team Fights and if the opposing team has any form of long stun, disable, silence, knock up, or taunt then usually its best to hit him with them mid w or right as the whole team gets right on top of him. Its really easy to shut down a yi if someone just thinks to use any of those abilities that nearly 98% of champions now have on them to stop him. Soraka is also a fairly easy counter if the yi is fairly new as well.

Orionxhavok

01-24-2013

Actually ... Playing him a second time just to refresh everything i said before ... yi has really long cooldowns at low levels, and hitting you with a single alpha strike will not kill you, the best way to command your lane is to fight him before he hits 5-9, whenever i play yi, i end having to back off really early game and harassing enemy champs turns into more of a luck game, where i have to ask myself which is better, waiting on cs and relying on my low attack damage for last hitting ... or use my q and hope maybe one strike will land on a champ, and usually i end up missing champs completely whenever minions are involved, but i end the game with a relatively rediculous cs ... so, until cooldowns reach 10 seconds or less on his Q, you're relatively safe, and any yi playing aggresive before that point is obviously asking to feed you, as his damage isn't great, his abilities cool downs are immense, and spamming abilities leaves him mana drained by the time that he actually need to fight. The damage zone is once he has 3-5 levels in his Q.

Galaxy Bracelets

01-24-2013

Ziggs says hi.

AcornGames

01-24-2013

Fizz. I say Fizz is the counter for everyone haha.
As long as you know how your lanning opponent combos, its really easy to dodge with Playful/Trickster, which will also deal very heavy damage when the skill resolves, and all of their abilities on CD leaving him and most assasins/mages very dead once you follow up with your other skills.

Basically anyone who can press 3 buttons to bring a champs health from 100% to nothing will take him out.

EDIT: Theory disproven. Early game AP Yi can do way better than Fizz. Late game Fizz is better because he can more or less 1-shot Yi.

Brasidius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orionxhavok View Post
harassing enemy champs turns into more of a luck game, where i have to ask myself which is better, waiting on cs and relying on my low attack damage for last hitting ... or use my q and hope maybe one strike will land on a champ, and usually i end up missing champs completely whenever minions are involved
Usually the thing to do is try to last hit the first 1 or 2 minions, but not worry about it too much, and then alpha when you WILL hit the enemy champion.

Orionxhavok

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCrossheart View Post
EDIT: Theory disproven. Early game AP Yi can do way better than Fizz. Late game Fizz is better because he can more or less 1-shot Yi.
lol, that was a fun theory to test

SeCKS Egai

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
AP yi requires himself to charge into your team to do damage, which means that as long as you guys don't die instantly, you will be able to stop him.

His W is easily interruptable with any form of CC but slow, so save one silence, fear, stun, knock up, etc. before he uses his W, once you interrupt that he is trashed.

He is not OP, and the build is not really intended, but nonetheless it is a legit build in a way.
The big kicker is being able to prevent the heal with CC. Of course, if you die to the q, that's your bigger issue.

Being able to survive his dash and making him pay severely for it is your ultimate goal. Otherwise, he can simply finish you off with some basic attacks before running off to heal.

Pobbes

01-24-2013

I suspect mid fiddle would be very frustrating for AP yi. Use drain to keep your hp up after his alpha strike harass and use silence or fear to stop his meditate. The biggest problem would be managing your mana, but otherwise the kit seems a natural counter to one AP yi.

master720full

01-31-2013

Galio is one of the best counters to ap yi. Mostly late game, when yi starts getting easy triple's. Galio would have like 120 or more of mr, and would be able to stop yi