Riot please buff Varus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FedEXpider

10-22-2012

His lane phase isn't the strongest imo, but as long as you can farm, and assist your team in fights, you should be able to do massive damage and useful AoE damage and cc in team fights.

Corefish

10-23-2012

I really have to agree with some of these comments I'm seeing about how good Varus is.

I've searched for HARD counters, and really don't find many. Of course the Ezreal, Graves, Corki pops up because to people who don't play Varus, he simply doesn't add up to the top 3 ADC. However, Varus is extremely powerful. And his Range is nothing to sneeze at (Being the third highest adc range not including Tristana because hers increases due to passive.) You just have to understand that Blighted Quiver is where a good chunk of damage comes from. Three stacks of Blighted, and then an Arrow and it's basically gg for that guy. If you have problems with escaping, grab Flash or Ghost. But he's extremely powerful, and not as easily countered as people think.

mnun

10-23-2012

Azerax. Learn to play Varus.
He needs no escapes with one cc and another hard Cc. He is meant for sniping out weak targets with his Q. In team fights you shouldn't generally charge your Q because you do more AA damage in the time it would take to charge the Q. Max your Web first, then Q We and Rammus whenever it's up

Azerax53

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnun View Post
Azerax. Learn to play Varus.
He needs no escapes with one cc and another hard Cc. He is meant for sniping out weak targets with his Q. In team fights you shouldn't generally charge your Q because you do more AA damage in the time it would take to charge the Q. Max your Web first, then Q We and Rammus whenever it's up
Mnun, I never said i was bad with Varus i was merely pointing out there are stronger choices for ADC and he isn't chosen as much especially in ranked because there are better choices than him. I know how to play Varus and enjoy using him and do quite well with him but i choose other ADC over him because they are often the stronger pick.

futuresight23

10-23-2012

I don't think the argument is whether Varus can get it done as an ADC. The issue is that there are many ADCs that can get the job done better than he can. If you were ranking ADCs, where would Varus rank?

Lets make the list Varus along with Ezreal, Graves, Corki, Tristana, Kogmaw, Vayne, Caitlyn, Miss Fortune, Ashe, Sivir, Draven, Twitch and Urgot. Where would Varus rank among these ADCs?

Not counting Teemo, Jayce and Kayle who are stronger picks in other lanes.

VanillaCrunch

10-23-2012

Varus's passive is great. Free AS? Why not?

PMoney3k

10-23-2012

the only buff i could think of on varus, that wouldnt make him rediculous, is to make his passive grant attacks speed AND a movement speed bonus. because lets face it, his passive is a bit weak at the moment.

Sir Baggington

10-23-2012

Varus has incredible range, just hang back and "snipe" the enemy team. If things go sour you can always just back out do to your range advantage. Take Caitlyn and Xerath for example, they both have incredible range and they just hang back and nuke the enemy team to hell during engagements. This is just my two cents, do not take it as pro advice.
~Sir Baggington

Fiveofswords

10-24-2012

well the adc i play the most is MF, and sometimes i play kog maw. Clearly, i dont care very much about escapes.Nothing to worry about really...either your team helps you or they dont. Keep a good eye on the minimap and annoy your support for wards. If they never ward and you die to ganks, its their fault, just refuse to take blame for it.
never played varus but laned against him some. Im kinda jealous of that long range draw shooty thing he has. Great range and damage. I think hes a well balanced champ, really.I guess mf beats him 1v1 pretty easily but the only 'poke' she really has is her ult and very unreliable double up...so would make sense that he loses a hair of damage for greater poke. On a team with a solid front line, he should work great, like caitlyn

Azerax53

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMoney3k View Post
the only buff i could think of on varus, that wouldnt make him rediculous, is to make his passive grant attacks speed AND a movement speed bonus. because lets face it, his passive is a bit weak at the moment.
Yes that is all I am asking for not something big just something to give a little more edge to Varus.