If summoners Rift wasn't such a badly made map

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Belrick

12-02-2012

The vast majority of games wouldnt be decided within the first few minutes and teams that are behind from the laning phase would stand more than a single percentage point chance of coming back from behind to win.

Regardless of skill levels this map is badly designed and balanced, no doubt all the intellectual fan bois will reply that it doesnt matter if a map designed for 40 minutes of play usually be decided within the first few minutes.

But they are idiots.

Think i'm wrong?
Firstly play the map then secondly watch game streams from IPL to some 1200 elo kid and actually pay attention to the game state at 5-10min and the final outcomes correlation.

SR could be vastly shortened and be nearly as accurate at determining team skill levels if the outcome was decided by first to a 3-5k gold advantage.

Cause of imbalance between late game play and early game play? Gold for champ kills is too high for low levels. Should scale like minion kills do.
Simple.
But incomprehensible to riot and fanbois.

anAmishLady

12-02-2012

Someone's mad. The point of not scaling gold for kills is to encourage you not to recklessly run for an early kill. Don't facecheck that bush or duel your opponent at level 3, and you'd be fine.

Focus on cs and don't be an idiot in the early game, and you'll be fine. Get your kills after level 4 or 5, when skill is actually involved. Unless your opponent is a tard and comes after you, of course...

Ramachese

12-03-2012

Given the number of games that I have either come back from or that the opposing team has come back from after horrific starts I would have to say your logic is flawed. Play is rarely decided in the first few minutes.

Your post is nothing but opinion and no actual supported facts and seems to differ from my own experiences a great deal. As a prevous poster says early game focus on last hitting the creeps and don't worry about trying to get kills. Do not be afraid of back off rather than getting stuck in an engage (something I still tend to let myself do) that you are likely not to win. Keep wards up even if you are not support so you have an idea of when the jungle is on the way to gank (especially if you are top).

Remember, the game is not about getting the most kills it is about killing the nexus. Many times I've seen games where the team with the lowest kills wins the game because they focus on the goal.

Slashinghardest

12-03-2012

Hope this guy is not in my elo. Probably one of those "gg you got fb" kinda playerd who spam surrender at 20 because they are up 2 kills.

Shadogi

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belrick View Post
The vast majority of games wouldnt be decided within the first few minutes and teams that are behind from the laning phase would stand more than a single percentage point chance of coming back from behind to win.
This has more to do with morale then the other team have an insurmountable advantage. If a lane is losing, then it needs to be made clear to the jungler and mid lane that they need ganks whenever possible. With one or two followup ganks, a losing lane can be brought back into balance.

texasone1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Ahem, I hate the surrender button and rarely use it! I can't stand having that thing pop up right when i'm fixing to get a kill! Hint I know that people do that intentionally to say they do not care win or lose! But I am not a quitter and I will not hit the yes button unless it is a complete loss of time game! Which I think most games aren't! That is my opinion and you can take it or leave it!