Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kayle, the Judicator

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doctor Awesome

08-05-2009

Quote:
Stumpster:
Judicator's Q spell (her nuke) is 1 : 1 AP scaling. Her ultimate is 1 : .35 though, it just got nerfed in the last patch.

@ Doc Awesome

Rod of Ages is a fairly common AP/HP/Mana item.

Aw, what a shame on that ultimate... although considering her already substantial attack speed, I suppose that's fair.

Oh MAN, I forgot about Rod of Ages... that's just pefect! I can't wait to try that baby out tonight!

Anansi

Adjudicator

08-05-2009

So far, after today's tests, my favourite build to win games (not necessarily to get kills) consist of:
- philo stone
- berserker boots
- Phage into Frozen Mallet
- Zeal
- Zeal (sell philo stone)
- Atma

skills are easy: reckoning and bubble maxed first, with one point in regen for lane easiness.
i play with teleport and smite, but flsh/boost is probably better than smite. TP is awesome because Kayle is so good at backdooring with attackspeed.

I like this build because you have the hp to start fights, which is a role I enjoy, you do a ton of damage with your ult, both to towers and players, so you can jump into a fight, ult, and kill 2 guys easy with a timed shield. You can also push solo very reliably, which must be hard with the AP build without any farming option.

However, the AP build seems better for pure pvp. It definitely requires cd reduction to spam reckonings. It's arguably a bit more boring since you're really a one-spell dude at that point, but I still have to test more to be able to comment on that build.

I'd love some insight into the AP build btw, so if anyone feels generous enough to share his views, please do. At that time, eXes oriented me to a Kage's stacking + Stinger, so I wonder how to follow that, maybe with a rod of ages then a shroud? OR go directly lichbane, rod, zhonya?

Doctor Awesome

08-05-2009

Basically, stacking AP gets you crazy damage on Reckoning and Ult. Stacking CD lets you spam Reckoning more, and get Bubble very, very low--at max cooldown of 40%, it lasts 4 seconds and recasts in 12, making you effectively invulnerable a third of the time.

Bubbs

08-05-2009

Did a -CD +AS rune book and went Beserker boots Philosopher's stone then Frozen Mallet and stacked atma's and the results were pretty good. Atma's seems like just an awesome deal for 2k gold on a dps tank. I didn't have nearly as good of results as the AP build, it's too hard to get good attack damage purely through AP from what I've been able to see.

Doctor Awesome

08-06-2009

Quote:
Bubbs:
Did a -CD +AS rune book and went Beserker boots Philosopher's stone then Frozen Mallet and stacked atma's and the results were pretty good. Atma's seems like just an awesome deal for 2k gold on a dps tank. I didn't have nearly as good of results as the AP build, it's too hard to get good attack damage purely through AP from what I've been able to see.

Yeah, your attack damage will be a bit lower, but this is at least partly compensated by the fact that AP pumps your ultimate rather well; with a little bit of cooldown, you can easily get it recharged in under a minute(!)

To be honest, I imagine I'd never go for a complete build of one or the other, but a hybrid. Fiendish Codex is all the cooldown I'd need to max it out, and it gives a tasty AP/mana regen bonus, as well. Atma's Impaler is a sweet deal if you get one or two HP boosters, also. From there, I'd have to experiment.

Aqualisk

08-09-2009

I find that Nashor's and Sheen work really well with Judi. Both for attack speed and AP. Sheen is nice when you pop your ulti.

bountardos

08-09-2009

I've had success with an hybrid build too. Will have to try out with the new items or some sort of AP heavy build. Although, i think she needs attack speed to use with her ulti. Getting 40%CD reduction or near should be very helpfull with this hero.
But still not sure what rune/mastery combo should suit this hero.

Anansi

Adjudicator

08-10-2009

Hi again, just to say that I'm writing a new version of the guide about Kayle. I think we are reaching a consensus that AP, Att speed, and CD reduction are all key. However, there are other builds possible, like true tank, or pure pusher physical-only, or the "Warmog+Atma" build. I'll try and go into details with the guide.

@Almitt: do you think I should post it here and you can update the first page, or create a new thread?

Almitt

Adjudicator

08-12-2009

i could have updated.. sry didnt see until now.

all others, read the other one. its waaaay better

Anansi

Adjudicator

08-12-2009

Oh, sorry about that. :/