Champion Auditions - Elise the Spider Queen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryugi Kazamaru

10-31-2012

OKAY!! Well, she's been out a while and we've got 4 people.

I'm capping the applicants and asking them to start writing up their answers and replies to the tasks at hand!

Let's see what you've got!

AskÉlise

11-01-2012

Do we post here when ready? Or what o.0

Ryugi Kazamaru

11-01-2012

Yep. You post everything in here. =)

AskÉlise

11-01-2012

((k thanks, was just making sure ^w^))

……The Shadow Isles.. they say they don’t exist, mythical islands haunted by ghosts and specters, tales to frighten children.. but I know better. I have been there; when I first set foot there, I immediately knew something was wrong with that place… my skin crawled, and in the pit of my stomach, I felt a terrible revulsion.. life didn’t belong there, but I also knew, somehow deep inside I knew, that the islands welcomed me, they wanted me. As I wandered deeper, I saw death all around me, ghostly trees, grass and flowers engulfed me in their horrifying radiance! It was so quiet, and so beautiful; I passed my hand through a spectral leaf fluttering in the wind… but there was no wind, that is when I understood that death was another world, and I was at its door. Then I heard the song… the spiders song, my companion cried out in terror and fell to his knees! I embraced him, I told him he had nothing to fear, he was going to a better place! …Soon, I will take them all, to a better place..

…..“Though.. I do believe I have gotten ahead of myself..” Elise cooed, sitting in the Observation Chamber with the Summoner who had wished to interview her, her nails clicking against the wood of her chair, a gentle, devious smile gracing her face as she looked at the woman in front of her with her piercing red eyes.. how she loved curiosity.. it is what drives the fly into the spiders web, an allured sense that all is well, and nothing will come amiss~ only to find out, much too late, that all is not as it seems.. the thought only made Elise grin wider as she stared at the Summoner, who suddenly seemed to find the file in her hands much more captivating, though, Elise could see her fear, clear as day. “Come now.. don’t be frightened” Elise spoke once more, her silky voice cascading the air like that of a beautiful song, telling you everything was going to be okay~. The Summoner slowly shifted her eyes from her trembling hand back up to meet Elise’s, clearing her throat and trying to stop her skin from crawling. “Y-yes, well.. miss Elise, shall w-we get this going?” Summoner Whitney spoke after what seemed like an eternity.. being this close to such a… malevolence.. deeply disturbed her in the pit of her soul. Elise gave a small bow of her head in response. “Quite.. now, where to begin? Though, I believe the beginning, would be the best place of all…”

“I was a young girl; barely a care in the world… my parents were traveling merchants, so you can imagine wealth, was not a problem for us. My father would spend weeks, even months at some point searching for artifacts in lost lands to sell to whomever wished to buy them. He was always the.. curious, type~. My mother, on the other hand, did not do much but be a simple house wife, cook, clean, take care of me. She rather enjoyed it, as I did myself. Life, as it seemed, was beautiful. Until, my father caught word of the Shadow Isles.. being the curious man that he was, he was overjoyed when he was offered a chance to go and took it immediately, setting sail the very week to follow, my mother, ever the faithful wife, eagerly followed him. Of course people told my father he was crazy, that the islands didn't exist, but that never stopped him before. I was left with my grandmother, however.. they told me it was too dangerous for me to go, even as I begged them not to, they still left. Two, three, four months had passed, and they still had not returned.. I began to worry, watching out my grandmother’s window at the vast sea, waiting for my parents to come home. On the seventh month that they had not returned, there came a knock at the door. I remember I squealed with joy, hoping to feel my mother’s warm embrace once more, only to have my hopes dashed to bits when I opened the door to find a Demacian guard, holding a package for me. He gave it to me, and told me that they had found my father’s ship, aimlessly floating in the sea.. with no one on board. It seemed that the crew, my father and mother included, were gone and that this package was all that was left. I cried myself to sleep that night..”

“Many more nights passed with nothing but sulking tears from me.. despite my dear grandmothers attempts to make me happy. Until, one night, I was awoken by.. a voice.. not human. I was scared, it echoed in my mind, pulsed through my body.. calling me. It then came to my attention that I had never opened the package I had received that day.. with trembling hands I took it, carefully tearing the paper it was wrapped in until I uncovered a medallion.. a spider, staring back at me. I was captivated by its beauty.. touching it with my fingers, but as I did, it glowed and the spider began to wriggle free from its silvery surface. I shrieked in terror, dropping it to the floor as I fell back on the ground, watching in horror as the spider pulled itself from the medallion.. staring at me with its alien like eyes. My grandmother came to check on me, hearing my screams, and as soon as she opened the door, she was attacked by the creature, dying instantly to one bite. I sat in fear, but most importantly, in awe of the spider as it turned its attention back to me. I felt its legs upon mine as it crawled into my lap, I stroked its back, what once was fear, was now replaced with wonder and acceptance. It spoke to me.. telling me about the spider God.. Vilemaw, and what all he could offer me. From then on, I devoted my life to finding Vilemaw, worshiping his greatness, power, and beauty, and I was awarded for my faith, the spider bit me, but, instead of succumbing to the same fate as my grandmother, I was granted the power to take the spiders form, to be the queen among spiders. I was able to manipulate weak willed fools into following my same cause, and when they were ready, I selected the few who I deemed worthy enough to follow me to the Shadow Isles.. and the rest, as they say, is history~”

Summoner Whitney listened intently, her ever growing fear rising as Elise spoke her every word. When the Spider Queen was finished, she breathed a small sigh of relief. “That will be all, Miss Elise. Thank you for your time.” Whitney stood up and began to walk out, but something stopped her. She turned her head back, her eyes widening in terror and the colored drained from her face as she looked upon the Spider Queen, who had a gentle, but firm grip on her arm. Elise pulled the woman closer to her, resting a finger on her lips. The devious smile still draped across her face. All Whitney had to do was scream.. one scream, and other Summoners would come to her aid, but she could not.. fear had sewed her voice box shut. She closed her eyes tightly, expecting Elise to devour her right then and there, but instead, felt the Spider Queens warm breath on her ear as she whispered into it. “If you wish to know more.. you know where to find me~” Elise cooed, releasing the Summoner who then bolted out of the room as fast as she could. Elise couldn’t help but laugh as the Summoner fled from her, strolling out of the room to attend to other business.. after all, she was a busy spider~.

================================================== ===================

Ram Steed here! Seeing as the JoJ has come to an untimely end.. I have took it upon myself to bring the latest info on your Champions as they come! The public deserves to know, of course. I have asked the Spider Queen for an interview, in which she eagerly agreed.. a little too eagerly. In any rate, I brave the web of the Spider Queen to bring you her thoughts on Evelynn, Hecarim, Mordeakiser, and my own personal question Karthus!

I go now, hoping to untangle the mystery that is Elise’s, the Spider Queens web, wish me luck.

Interview with Elise
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ram: “First, let me thank you for agreeing to the interview, Elise, it’s an honor”

Elise: “Oh.. the pleasure, is all mine~” Elise replied, staring at Ram with a hungry look in her eyes, the devious smile she wore so well gracing her face, giving her prey a sense that they were safe.. she couldn't help but laugh inwardly, of course she would not harm the man.. but, what could hurt in poking a little fun?

Ram: “So.. you’ve actually been to the Shadow Isles, can you express your thoughts on the Widow Maker, Evelynn?

Elise: Elise raised a hand, tapping in her chin as if in thought, the look on her face never wavering “Ahh yes… the blue beauty.. She is just as wicked, sadistic and evil as that place is. Though, she and I have a lot in common. We both use our.. talents, to attract victims.. and strike when they least expect it. So, I would see her as a close friend almost, even as I do not know her that well~”

Ram: “Yes, but.. don’t you use a web to catch your prey?”

Elise: Elise raises an eyebrow before smiling wide “A web is a web dear, no matter how it is weaved, while the Widow Makers tactics differ from mine, our goals are the same~” Elise replied, placing her finger tips to one another and drumming them together

Ram: “And what goals would that be?” Ram shifts uneasily in his chair, trying to avoid the Spider Queens piercing gaze

Elise: “Why, deception of course. We both wield it as a powerful weapon, bend people to our desires, make them think all their dreams are coming true.. Elise chuckled at the thought, her red eyes resting on the man in front of her once more “And while our reasons behind it differ, we are both very skilled in the art~” Elise smirks as she notices how nervous he is “Don't worry dear, I don't bite~”

Ram: Ram swallowed the lump in his throat, trying to stop his hand from shaking as he wrote “Y-yes.. well.. what of Hecarim, the Shadow of War? Care to elaborate on him?”

Elise: Elise smiled and intertwined her fingers, resting them on the table in front of her “Ahh yes.. now that is an interesting character..” She cooed, her gaze never leaving him as she spoke “Hecarim is death itself, manifested in an unholy, unnatural form of pure malevolence. While his methods are a tad.. barbaric.. I do admire his work~” Elise leaned back in the chair so the shadows cascaded over her face, leaving only her blood red eyes to be seen through the darkness “As for me, I lurk in every shadow~”

Ram: Ram's uneasiness only deepens as he forcefully made his hand stop shaking “O-okay.. what about Mordeakiser? Can you shed some light on the Master of Metal?

Elise: Elise scoffed at the name, furrowing her brow. “He is a mockery of all the beauty the Shadow Isles is..” Elise replied, throwing one of her hands up in disgust

Ram: “Why do you think this?”

Elise: “He is loud, unruly, and ungracefully ruthless.. he doesn't draw the play out, he prefers to cut the strings the instant they are presented, ruining the entire show.” The more Elise spoke, the angrier her voice became “And what does he do with all the Shadow Isles has blessed him with? He joins a band! A BAND! OF ALL THE LUDICROUS- Elise slams her nails into the table, bearing her fangs in fury causing Ram to jump from his chair. Elise looked to him and calmed herself, her original, albeit, annoyed now, demeanor returns as she pulls her nails from the wood “My apologies.. it seems I got a little.. out of hand there” Elise said, drumming her fingers together once more and gesturing for Ram to resume his seat. “Please, proceed.”

Ram: Ram very hesitantly picks his chair up and resumes his seat, grateful that he had only one more question to ask her “My last question.. what is your opinion on the Death Singer, Karthus?

Elise: Elise smiled as the name rung in her ears ".. I have to say, he is much like myself.. Journeying into the Shadow Isles and being lost in it's beauty.. his obsession with death is fascinating, to say the least. Although.. I do greatly disapprove of him joining that ridiculous band of Mordekaiser's.. be that as it may, I would still like to get acquainted with him more~"

Ram: Ram finishes his writing.. and very hurriedly stands up, eager to leave the Spider Queens uneasy presence “Thank you Elise, that will be all..”

Elise: Elise smiled, giving a slight bow of her head “Ta ta dear, do come back again, it gets rather.. lonesome here~” Elise cooed with a devious smile as she watched the man leave her home

((I chose Karthus because he is shrouded in as much mystery as the Shadow Isles characters themselves, it seemed fitting that he would join them.))
EDIT: ((Alright, I forgot they changed Karthus's lore, so I fixed it))
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
((Bonus Question))

Elise found herself in the Observation Chamber once more.. strolling in and sitting in the chair she had been in before, this time greeted by an elder Summoner, as opposed to the young woman she had had earlier. Elise smiled all the same and leaned back in her chair, crossing her legs as she did so, the four legs on her back folded themselves to make her seat more comfortable

“You wanted to see me, Summoner?” She cooed, clicking her nails on the chair once more

“It seems that your last interviewer missed a dire question.. perhaps due to the fact you nearly scared her to death” the old Summoner replied, his calm demeanor never fading

Elise smiled widely “Ah yes.. she was the shy one, wasn't she?” she cooed in reply with a smirk “Go ahead, ask your question, delve into my web once more~”

The Summoner stroked his beard a little before speaking “Elise, the Spider Queen, why do you want to join the league”

Elise's eyes glittered at the question “Why? Because there needs to be a change.. the time of man, has come to an end, summoner. While you petty around in your little wars held on these battle fields, fighting for political power.. the Shadow Isles grow in strength, Vilemaw will devour your pitiful League and all it's inhabitants.. and I will be the one to pave the way for this~.” Elise replied, an evil smile spreading across her face

The Summoners gaze did not waver as he simply nodded his head “Thank you, and welcome to the League.” And with that, he left, soon followed by Elise herself.

AskKarthus

11-01-2012

Cookie points are given for any Lord of the Rings references you can throw in. Elise's spider form reminded me of Shelob.

AskKarthus

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskÉlise View Post
Ram: Ram very hesitantly picks his chair up and resumes his seat, grateful that he had only one more question to ask her “My last question.. what is your opinion on the Death Singer, Karthus?

Elise: Elise tapped her chin once more “Ah.. the lich of the marsh.. while I greatly disapprove of him joining that ridiculous band of Mordeakiser's.. he actually has some.. finesse in what he does, the way he uses the souls of his enemies against them is quiet.. interesting. I would actually like to be acquainted with him more..”

Ram: Ram finishes his writing.. and very hurriedly stands up, eager to leave the Spider Queens uneasy presence “Thank you Elise, that will be all..”

Elise: Elise smiled, giving a slight bow of her head “Ta ta dear, do come back again, it gets rather.. lonesome here~” Elise cooed with a devious smile as she watched the man leave her home

((I chose Karthus because he is shrouded in as much mystery as the Shadow Isles characters themselves, it seemed fitting that he would join them.))

(( Lore change, your point is largely invalid here. ))

AskÉlise

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by askkarthus View Post
(( lore change, your point is largely invalid here. ))
((ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff))

((Fixed it =_=))

((Edit: Fixed a lot of typos >_<))

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Alrighty then....BUMP TIME!

Ask the Herald

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskÉlise View Post
the time of man, has come to an end
Hey....

Wait a second...

Isn't that....

That's one of Blitzcrank's quotes....

YOU THIEVING HUSSY!

Lol, not really. Props to your great entry. I just found that one statement there to be ironic, considering our interaction on the client.

AskÉlise

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
Hey....

Wait a second...

Isn't that....

That's one of Blitzcrank's quotes....

YOU THIEVING HUSSY!

Lol, not really. Props to your great entry. I just found that one statement there to be ironic, considering our interaction on the client.
I figured it fit Elise well.

THE SPIDER SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH >:3