◆◆◆ 2k upvotes for All-star Akali - NA -> EUW transfer ◆◆◆

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sayath

10-21-2012

Edit: Relocation magic successful

I'm speechless.

- long pause -

Thanks everyone. Thanks Hippalus! Thanks unknown Riot support staff member!
You all together made the impossible possible (see attachement).
You will be remembered.

Seriously, this is awesome. I know no other company who would do this.
You don't know how much this means to me. I'm still starstruck that this actually happened.
Simply epic.
Best bithday gift ever.

All-star Akali <3
~Symmetry in all things.

tl;dr:
2000 upvotes reached, Riot your move | 50€ paysafecard giveaway.
I already own All-star Akali on NA. I want her transfered to my new main account on EUW.

Akali keyboard below!

Why?
I only play Akali. There is no other champion, I'm sorry. The keyboard speaks of my dedication.
Ranked games (as Akali): 261 (EUW) @1866, 69% + 196 (NA)
Normal games (as Akali): ~2500
In normal games I'm mostly playing against Diamond-tier players. The rest would be no real challenge.

NA: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19210768
EUW: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/19330099

Compared to the other threads, I already own the skin. I was there at the time and bought it. I simply do not own it on my current platform.

The main problem being, Riot not allowing transfers between NA and EUW. I started out in 2010 on NA (garena was in charge of EU - no thanks). I played there till 2012. I've got pretty much everything on that account. Runes, skins (Red Card Katarina, etc.), champions - you name it, I've got it. The huge ping of 180 ms hindered my play though. It's worlds apart from my 20 ms on EUW. I thought about moving for quite some time all during 2011. The platform had issues till the server split happened. So why create a new account? I had everything on NA. Time continued and I realized, I had to move. The ping became unbearable (I played with a friend on EUW for a bit). If you get shown first hand the difference, you simply can no longer deal with it. So I moved, leaving everything behind.

Nowadays, I own every champion on EUW. I've easily spent more than 50000 RP. I've got my runes again. Most of my skins. Missing of course, All-star Akali. Every other Akali skin had been bought at summoner level one.

If you can, please help my All-star Akali relocate to EUW. Maybe even take her good friend, Red Card Katarina, along with her. Thanks!

How?
Hippalus's initiative (Riot's e-commerce director). He basicly told us, if we have a thread with 2000 upvotes and someone willing to trade the skin to us, he makes it happen. I already have someone willing to trade - myself. Of course, the former threads were all on the same platform. That is a leap of faith I have to take. If I can get enough support from you guys, I do believe, he will make it happen anyways.
If it is really not possible to transfer my skin from NA to EUW, then I will search somebody with the skin on EUW and pay an appropriate amount (up to 20000 RP - yes, that is how important the skin is to me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm View Post
so if i contact you hipplaus, you can transfer skins like you did with this guy? this should be added to the game. you know if you do it for one person more people will want it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Only if you have a 2k upvote thread about your situation
The keyboard
I was looking for a mechanical keyboard. True quality, being able to stand years of gaming. Rubber dome just doesn't cut it, in my opinion. The usual keyboards from Razer and all the other 'gaming' companies might have fancy looks, but this one got full n-key rollover, proper switches and easy keycap changing.

If you are into keyboards in general, you should know geekhack.org (the website on keyboards). Then, digging a little deeper, you'll find wasdkeyboards.com. This one was made by them.

Properties:
- full custom 105-key ISO layout (German, blank white)
- mx red switches (a joy to type / play on)
- o-ring sound dampeners (reduces the noise made by typing)
- custom design (Adobe Indesign, Laser etched)
Cost: 170$ + shipping (US company)

Of course, you can also use any other base. You do not need to use a WASD keyboard, just buy the keycaps from them. If you got anyone better for keycap-printing, please share.

The design
Everything needs to be vectorized. Best results with Corel Draw or Adobe Indesign. The general template can be downloaded here.

I'm no artist. I'm a software engineer. Therefore, I use algorithms to achieve results. Via Vectormagic (a software tool) you can create vectorart from existing images. That is also a problem though.

Disclaimer:
None of the images displayed on my keyboard are my own work. The icons are from the game folder itself. The Akali art is from various artists, from whom I had no permission whatsoever (I'm sorry).

These images I used as bases and recreated them via Vectormagic. After that, I finetuned them in Adobe Indesgin. Therefore, my own work consists solely of vectorization and placement (fitting it to the keys). You could say I kinda made a collage.

The main trouble in the proccess is reducing the multitude of colours to just two. With these, you can remove one and print the other onto the keys.

Keylayout
- w,a,s,d - Movement of the camera
- e - Mark of the Assassin
- q - Twilight Shroud
- f - Crescent Slash
- r - Shadow Dance
- 1,2 - Ignite / Flash
- 3,4,5,6,7,8 - Items

This might seem strange. If you try to use the keyboard for camera movement though, it's quite logical. Think Starcraft.

Also, those having concerns regarding typing blindly: If you did not know, where your keys are located, you'll learn it very fast. This keyboard forces you to know the key positions. Most people are able to type blindly anyways. Those that are not, you'll learn it in ~2 weeks.

Edit: An option which I did not think about was brought up: You can engrave and laser etch a keyboard. Just laser etch the visuals like normal. Then engrave it with legends for the keys. Best of both worlds. The engraving will be slightly visible though and you will have to deal with it during your design process that everything can be correctly manufactured. Here I would definitely ask the guys at wasd to take a look at it (contact their support) before submitting.

The idea:
I think, there exist other crazy people like me. I do believe some of you may want a similiar keyboard for your favorite champion. This shall be a guide to all of you. If my art-incapable-self can create a keyboard, you can too!

To all artists: I do believe you can do it better. You can design a keyboard from the ground up. You do not need original art. You can do it all by yourself. You can work out a consistent, aesthetically stunning piece. If you could do another one for Akali, I'm sure to spend some more cash.
I think IronStylus should get started on a Leona one. Show your dedication, parrot!

50€ paysafecard giveaway:
1,3 $ = 1 €
5x 10€ paysafecards ~ 13$ per card
Entry: Post in this thread. It's that simple. You gain a chance per post in this thread. Excessive consecutive posts do not count. If it looks like you are frauding with a friend, I reserve the right to disqualify you. You can only win once.

The five winners will be decided by random, weighted by their amount of qualifying posts.
If you win: I will add you on NA and give you the code. I'll give you a week. If you fail to respond, you lose your winnings. Methods of contact, winners and the like will be posted in this thread.

EDIT: Instead of giving them all away at 2000, I will be handing them out on an ongoing basis at the following number of upvotes:
1600 - Winner: Pure Staisu - Redeemed - see page 66.
1700 - Winner: Filmslinger - Redeemed.
1800 - Winner: Thescar123 - Redeemed - see page 77.
1900 - Winner: Sinistar - Redeemed - see page 82
2000 - Winner: Zephalon - Please contact me!
The drawings are performed via randompicker.com. The name of the winner represents the link to the specific drawing.
@ all winners: Please contact me through this thread / ingame / email (all-star-akali@gmx.de). I'll try to get in touch with you aswell.

HQ Pictures (8):
http://imgur.com/a/K0m64#0

@Reds: I know you won't be posting till it's done. Once I reach 2000 upvotes, I humbly ask the following of you:
1) Could you please transfer my All-star Akali skin from NA to EUW? If possible, could you take her good friend, Red Card Katarina (also on my NA account), along with her? Thank you in advance, you are awesome!
2) If NA -> EUW transfer is impossible: I have a potential trading partner for All-star Akali on EUW. Please contact me at all-star-akali@gmx.de!
3) If you meet Coronach, tell him: "Symmetry in all things." (Seriously, Coronach, you are extraordinary and six (?) blinkstrikes would have been pretty cool aswell. Was Ezreal so forceful on the issue?)
4) Since I think I am going to annoy internships[at]riotgames.com / support with emails sooner or later, could we talk about internships? I'm not asking for one, I am no way there yet. I would just like to get to know you a bit better. Especially engineering is so quiet on the forums. Design is way more transparent (for example: Zileas did a public recruiting lately). Regarding myself: I am a top-class computer science (bachelor) student (Petrinets, Processalgebra, Multicore programming are core areas of my interests - my grades speak for themself). I'm also enrolled in a second bachelor program in economics (part time). So could we just talk a bit (all-star-akali@gmx.de / ingame / skype)? Getting in touch with you is kinda hard.

Please upvote & post - thank you in advance. I will remember you when I play Akali - so that would be all the time!
Please make this NA -> EUW skin transfer a reality!
Proves of dedication: 1866 Akali only, Keyboard
Post for a chance at the pricepool(50€)!

Sayath

10-21-2012

History
- 100: Thank you all!
- 200: You are amazing! 10% done.
- 300: You really make me happy!
- 400: 1/5 done. Did I tell you guys that you are fantastic? No? Damn, you are!
- 500: "In upvotes we trust." shall be my statement while I search for synonyms for "amazing".
- 600: Your distinguished support with extraordinary upvoting prowess leads me to believe that you are an oustanding individual. Therefore, I award you with the Silver Star of the Kinkou Order. Be proud!
- 700: Onwards we charge. Sevenhundred, ready to slay the enemy.
- 800: Our numbers grow. What awaits us beyond the horizon?
- 900: Charge!
- 1000: The armies clash. Sword against sword, magic versus magic. Who will arise victorious in this uncertain battle? It is us, the Kinkou. There is no other. Balance must be kept.
- 1100: You displayed your skill in the art of combat. You did hold the line when lesser men fled. Never succumbing, you prevailed. For your heroic deeds receive the Golden Star of the Kinkou Order. Dismissed, soldier!
- 1200: The breaking point has been reached. We march forward unto enemy territory. Stand firm, soldiers!
- 1300: The city of the enemy lays before us, thick walls and a spellshield protecting it. Your job will be to infiltrate at night and open up a path for us. There is no time for petty sieges. Failure is not an option. Head out!
- 1400: The night strikes. A swift breeze chills the skin. A masked man hides himself in the shadows. He follows an ancient, hidden path into the city. Knowledge is power. The enemy unaware of the forgotten entrance will soon be reminded of it. The only protection against the threat, the spellshield covering the whole of city, is being strained by the siege. The magicians are no match for the Kinkou's. Only by concentrating their power on the magical imbued walls they stand a chance. Of course, the trick is not without risk. They forgo all protection of the areas below. The man knows this. With a blink he moves through the weakened shield effortlessly. With quick jumps he soon reaches the end of the path. He emerges within ancient walls. His assassination targets are one floor above. Without fear he moves in for the kill. Silently he disposes of the guards in the hallway. He voidwalks into the room for he is Kassadin - no mage is his equal, his Null Sphere commands them. A second figure appears at his side and starts faning out daggers. It is Katarina - another Kinkou agent sent out to deal with the task. Beneath the two the enemy mages fall without hope for retaliation.
- 1500: The spellshield breaks, the army pours into the city. The enemy is subdued shortly after.
- 1600: The spoils of war are displayed before the Supreme Commander, the Fist of Shadows. Silver, gold and platinum ingots stacked upon each other. They had been arranged into a grid beforehand. The order was only disturbed by chests with fancy jewelry and powerful magical tools formerly used by the enemy mages. The deathcap on her head whispered: "A tenth of this would suffice to pay our expenses. Your strategic skills are impressive." <<It will provide enough mana for the forging of Eternium, the reason we are here in the first place.>> "Of course." <<Then make the necessary preparations!>> "Yes, my lady."
- 1700: *at a private meeting between Akali, Kassadin and Katarina*
For your allegiance to me I award you the Platinum Star of the Kinkou Order. This will grant you the required privileges, in order to fulfill your own personal agendas. Kassadin, you can expect our support in the fight against the void and you, Katarina: We will fight alongside you in the upheaval of Noxus.
Until we meet again, agents. May your blades be swift.

AutoHotkey(http://www.autohotkey.com):
With this little tool you are able to keybind a lot onto your keys.

I suggest binding to the numpad.

Macro-Messages (ingame):
"mia top"
"mia mid"
"mia bot"

Macro-Messages (lobby):
"I'd like to play top"
"I'd like to play mid"
"Prefer mid, else I'd like to play jungle, else support" (or similiar messages - depends on what you play)

Basicly, you can send any pre-set textmessage ingame or in the lobby. It's possible to script jungle timers, but these have various problems. I'd suggest not using them. Just activate time stamping for your chat window (Leauge of Legends option). When your team had vision of baron / drake being slayn, then you'll be able to read it from chat.

Steps for installation:
a) Download it from the website
b) Start editing the default script (AutoHotkey.ahk)

Below is a working example (own work):

Quote:
#InstallKeybdHook
SendMode Play
#UseHook

CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
#SingleInstance force

#IfWinActive ahk_class RiotWindowClass

$numpad9::
send {Enter}
sleep 50
Send mia top
sleep 50
Send {Enter}
return

$numpad6::
send {Enter}
sleep 50
send mia mid
sleep 50
send {Enter}
Return

$numpad3::
Send {Enter}
sleep 50
Send mia bot
sleep 50
Send {Enter}
Return

#IfWinActive ahk_class ApolloRuntimeContentWindow
$numpadadd::
send I would like to play mid
return
The jungle timer I have spoken about can be found here.

Eyefinity
You might have noticed from the three monitors in the back of the keyboard, I'm running such a setup. In order to get it done properly, you'll have to do some work yourself.

First off, you'll need RAFManger (http://www.itzwarty.com/raf/). Since even though it has been discontinued, it still works perfectly fine, I have not yet gotten interest into other managers (Dragon by the same guy for example). Whatever the tool you use, the modifications will be the same.

The files we are interested in:
- ChampionLeft.ini (ChampionRight.ini if you bother with HUD swapping aswell)
- ElementsMainListing.ini
- HudResolutionDefaults.ini (minimap only - most of it does not change a thing)

The version folders change. Riot sometimes updates these files. When a patch hits, you'll have to confirm in a custom game, whether it is still working or not. Only the most recent version of the file will be used by the game.

Always create a backup before modifying anything. If you screw up, you'll have to repair your client / reinstall. Support cannot help you.

ChampionLeft.ini (0.0.0.129 / DATA / Menu / Elements)
This is the champion HUD. Your items, chamption portrait, exp bar etc. are shown here.

Open it up.
Scroll down to...
Quote:
//////////////////////////////////////////
Type: Icon
Name: HUDLeftFrame
Group: HUDLeft
Enabled: 1
AlwaysRespond: 0
Draggable: 0
Layer: 3
Anchor: 0,1
Rect: 2719,928 - 3252,1080 / 1920x1080
Alpha: 1
Texture: HUDAtlas
UV: 0,0 - 425,179 / 1024x1024
See those Rect numbers? Yours will be different. You'll have to add a substantial number if you want this on your middle, main screen.
Add the same amount to both x coordinates. Maybe something like 2000.Save and hit up a custom game. If the frame moved to a good, final position, continue with editing the other entries. You'll have to add the number on both sides in pretty much every entry. If you miss something necessary, for example the ADstat, it will not move. It will stay at its original position. Therefore, be careful. Doublecheck everything. Use your mind.

ElementsMainListing.ini (0.0.0.129 / DATA / Menu / Elements)
This is the main HUD. You want to move the targetHUD and the teamicons (ults, health, ..).
Quote:
Name: TargetBarFrame
Group: TargetBar
Layer: 0
Anchor: 0,0
Rect: 3800,0 - 4258,102 / 1920x1080
UV: 331,524 - 667,623 / 1024x1024
Move this into a desirable position, then move the rest of group targetbar and associates.

Quote:
Name: TeamFrame0
Group: Team0
Layer: 1
Anchor: 0,0
Rect: 2725,163 - 2804,242 / 1920x1080
UV: 688,149 - 747,228 / 1024x1024
Again, move this into a good position. Then move the rest of group TeamX.

HudResolutionDefaults.ini (0.0.0.126 / DATA / Menu / HUD)
This one works a bit different. Most of it is outdated though.

Quote:
[Minimap]
XPos=66
YPos=101
Scale=1.0
Anchor=LR
Changes the minimap position. You'll need to edit XPos. This one goes by percents of the screen. 0 is the left hand side. 100 the right hand side. 50 the middle of the screen. The anchor determines, how it will expand from the given position.

If you did everything right and I did not forget anything necessary, your screen should look similiar to mine.
http://i.imgur.com/fP6WS.jpg

Sayath

10-21-2012

The key series I:
Esc

Matteo391

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2012

diamonds in the title make everything look fancy

Koronisz

10-21-2012

Have you even contacted support before creating this cute thread?

Also while very original, this keyboard looks very unpractical.

Sayath

10-21-2012

Yes, I have contacted support multiple times. About 5 times. The answer stayed the same: "can not do"

Also, if you are able to type blindly, you should have no problem whatsoever with my keyboard. It's called touch typing. If you are computer literate, you should know the key positions anyways, right?

For special characters \ {}, $,§ and so forth, I would understand. But the normal characters? Those you should know, right?

Anxtrist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2012

Upvoted. Good luck getting it.

Sayath

10-21-2012

Thanks!

Koronisz

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayath View Post
Yes, I have contacted support multiple times. About 5 times. The answer stayed the same: "can not do"

Also, if you are able to type blindly, you should have no problem whatsoever with my keyboard. It's called touch typing. If you are computer literate, you should know the key positions anyways, right?

For special characters \ {}, $,§ and so forth, I would understand. But the normal characters? Those you should know, right?
If you understand, why answer ?
I use a computer about 70 hours a week and I still have to look to reposition my hands once in a while. What gives ?
Also have to switch between different setups for accents ιλω. sup?

edit: upvoted because you got to 1860 only as akali.. that's some dedication

Sayath

10-21-2012

Have you tried typing on a blank keyboard once? ;P
Well, I do not have the accents problem. I cannot comment on that. But I do believe, everything can be learned.
edit: thanks!