this isnt an "omg OP Nerf please" thread.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DM Lee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2012

i seriously would just like some help.

so i play solo top with a bunch of friends all the time. top is my role. i enjoy playing GP Garen Wukong Irelia Tryndy and a few others and i do fill in and trade roles with my friends on occasion.

yesterday when i was playing i was solo top against a Darius. (here come the downvotes) again this isnt a QQ thread. i play blind pick so dont just tell my to counter pick please but i found that despite me normally being a very big bully cause i have been playing GP alot the past couple weeks my Parrley only did like 150 hp damage to him and he returned with a decimate which his speed buff from me bleeding canceled my debuff... i very quickly found that i wouldnt be taking first blood and instead i would give it to him at lv 2. i was ganked by and alistar. it really surprised me. i bought my avarice blade a ward 2 hp and 1 mp pot come back to lane he has gone straight for heart of gold and ninja tabi. i die to a gank again this time from my own jungle (purple team) buy my boot and 2 wards put one in the river so i can see him coming from his blue and one in my bush so i can see my jungle only to quickly die to a lv 6 tower diving darius im lv 5. i ask for a gank from my mid and jungler. darius is lv 7 with a phage ninja boots and a cloth armor and some pots. he dives on me and im dead before my jungler and mid can get any cc on him however i did raise morale and ult. (kennen and a skarner who didnt have his flash up) skarner grabs him while kennen is attacking him he stuns just before the skarner ult was done so it overlapped but chained alittle i think. he flashes out of the turret range and walks away alive another kill for him. i called this darius a noob for chosing an op broken ass champion and he laughed and just said "learn to counter" i responded with "this is blind you dumb **** if not i would have chosen garen or irelia and raped your ****ty champion" he was a good sport about it though so i asked him for suggestions to counter darius using items. his response "when you are losing a lane build tanky" at this point i already had altered my build to ninja tabi and an early chainvest... i have no ability to farm due to a towerdiving darius and he has warded my jungle so when i go in there i get ganked by him and another person. by the time team fights have really started about 20 mins in i have a heart of gold avarice blade ninja tabi sheen and a chain vest i plan to make into an atma's i have about 45 cs instead of the 100 or so i normally would and i only have 2kills and 4 assists due to some well placed ults.

now my question isnt about how to play gp or how to play against darius. my question is, what items could i build to help me fight against darius. this one was like a full tank but still able to just kill me too fast.

this isnt a QQ thread but this darius did feel really powerful for a tank. i need to know items i can build that will help stop a darius please.

Nea De Penserhir

10-21-2012

Don't fight him early unless you know how to exploit Darius crippling weaknesses.

If you're GP, you farm. if he grabs you, orange after the slow and simply walk away.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2012

You're legitimately asking for help, rather than just outright complaining and calling him overpowered. Don't fear the forums just because you see the bad threads get downvoted.

As for countering Darius...Garen, Wukong and Irelia are actually all solid bruisers against him, but I haven't played them recently enough to actually give any good instructions besides juking his spells and learning when you will win a trade vs when you shouldn't trade. It takes practice, and it may help to actually play a game or two as Darius so you know how his kit feels.

DM Lee

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea De Penserhir View Post
Don't fight him early unless you know how to exploit Darius crippling weaknesses.

If you're GP, you farm. if he grabs you, orange after the slow and simply walk away.
this is exactly what i did for the first few levels. but his jungle alistar came with too much cc. i appreciate your advice but what im looking for are items to counter him.
true damge ult i need hp.
passive is magic i need mag res
all attacks are physical and one provides armor pen...
his kit is what i want to know how to counter. not how to play against him.

DM Lee

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
You're legitimately asking for help, rather than just outright complaining and calling him overpowered. Don't fear the forums just because you see the bad threads get downvoted.

As for countering Darius...Garen, Wukong and Irelia are actually all solid bruisers against him, but I haven't played them recently enough to actually give any good instructions besides juking his spells and learning when you will win a trade vs when you shouldn't trade. It takes practice, and it may help to actually play a game or two as Darius so you know how his kit feels.
thanks for that. i bought him the week he was released and played him pre-nerf and when i realized how powerful he was i realized i wasnt having fun playing him. i was pretty good. maybe ill try playing him again a few games. i know his ranges still. the problem i see is that you only see 1 type of darius anymore. and that is tank. its how i played him at first but the problem is that tank items you get more for less money so i cant just let him farm but if i get too close to harrass i risk an apprehend. i juke his abilties but it seems the only ppl i have played against seem to learn really quickly your patterns for jukes...
ill go play some games as darius then come back.

DM Lee

10-21-2012

also btw if i see a darius in draft i always just own him as garen. too easy to not win as garen

The Sneak Thief

10-21-2012

Try Ziggs top

DM Lee

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyJoker View Post
Try Ziggs top
i play in a 5 man premade and solo top is my position. i dont own ziggs nor do i play mages very often... however i have swapped lanes with mid due to a kass being mid and gp owning him so easily. so perhaps what you are suggesting is swaping lanes and making my mid laner go top? or swapping with bot and have 2v1 lanes? ill talk to my team about these ideas and see how they feel about them.

X74

10-21-2012

Early game you never want to try to "kill" Darius, because your goal is just to "not die"; especially as GP. You want to run up, shoot him, and run back while occasionally farming, and staying just close enough to get experience from minions. If they have a jungler, let them push and let them push hard, you ALWAYS want to be on your half of the lane, preferably, the half of that half closer to your turret. One thing you want to keep in mind is that almost every Darius has the same play style and they are very predictable. If they walk up to a minion wave and you're close, get back before he does his spin/grab and if you want, shoot him once. If he comes towards you, even on low health, never try to fight him because if he's charging you at low health he probably knows that somehow he can win and you can't. If you stay out of range from ganks and manage to somehow poke as a bonus you'll survive. As GP though, you'll never fully counter Darius toe-to-toe, but you can poke him til he's low and maybe finish him off here and there. I suggest you get used to playing the other bruisers or just change your strategy.