[Champion Concept] Lissandra, The Ice Dervish

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Berukyorasu

10-21-2012

My take on the last princess and leader of the Ice Dervish tribe of Freljord, Lissandra. I attempted to involve her title along with her game play, which surprisingly turned out a lot better than I had comprehended. I've only developed the Lore and Abilities, but if it turns out well I might add the rest.

Quote:
Lore:
The neutrality of the Ice Dervish among the Winter's Claw and the Frost Archer's tribes, had always been to beckon question: How come there were three struggles of power in Freljord? Throughout the reign of Princess Mauvole- the last Ice Dervish, her movement was always for the ideal benefit of all Freljord in general; despite the many consistent rivalries. Within the present and carrying the mantle of leadership, Lissandra was no different in that respect. When the union of Freljord was decided through the marriage of Ashe and Tryndamere, the young lady was quick to react and take control of the political shift. She proposed a treaty among the greater Freljord and her own kin, and in return lifted away the Noxian threat against all the northern region.

Of course this was to spark another controversy, the bitterness of the Winter's Claw tribe was aroused to elect a powerful figure to break the newly bond- Sejuani, whom referred to by those of the Institute of War as the Winter's Wrath rather than that of the traditional title. When the time came that Sejuani made her indirect campaign towards defeating Ashe, she had joined the League of Legends thinking to be invulnerable, though a single flaw was not accounted for... Had she foreseen the Ice Dervish take up a stance to defend the Queen of Freljord in battle, it was not just the feeling of a cold breeze that had made her shiver, but rather the scene of a ravaging gale of ice and snow that followed behind a pale blade.

"True fear is not felt, it is numb like the touch of cold steel."
Quote:
Abilities:

Innate - Hypothermia: Hardening her form when severely injured, whenever Lissandra's health reaches below 25/30/35% she will drastically increase armor and magic resistance by 40/50/60% of her base stats over 3 seconds, while discontinuing health and mana regeneration as well as reducing her movement speed by 20%. Each time Lissandra is damaged after the effects take place, enemies attacking will in return have attack speed and movement speed reduced by 5/6/7% for each consecutive attack stacking to 4. This debuff does not stack with other movement/attack speed hindering items or effects, and will replace its effects over them. Cooldown reduction does not affect Hypothermia.

Cooldown: 240 seconds

[Q] - Sleet Slash: Passive: Every 3rd basic attack, allows Lissandra to direct an icy cut from her blade as a skillshot forward dealing 90/110/130/150/170 (+0.4 AP or 0.6 AD) magic damage passing through targets. With each consecutive target hit by the skillshot, the width of the skill will increase in size as well as the speed of the projectile. (Lissandra is a melee champion and therefore the skillshot travels damaging whoever she is facing at that moment. The width would increase from something similar like Ezreal's Mystic Shot to his Essence Flux.) On-hit effects do not proc.

Active: Lissandra manually slashes the same cuts from her blade as a skillshot towards target direction, dealing 90/110/130/150/170 (+0.4 AP or 0.6 AD) magic damage passing through targets. With each consecutive target hit by the skillshot, the width of the skill will increase in size as well as the speed of the projectile. While the active component is used, the passive for Sleet Slash continues; though the passive skillshot deal only 70% of the total damage from before. On-hit effects only proc on this skills active.

Range: 1000
Projectile Speed: 1500 (+100 per target hit, maximum 2500)
Cooldown: 5.5/5.25/5/4.75/4.5 seconds
Cost: 30/35/40/45/50 mana

[W] - Buffets Of Hail: Active: Lissandra uses a click and drag targeting skill to create a cone of wind and ice at target location. Enemies within the cone take 15/30/45/60/75 (+5% AP) magic damage every second while within it for 6 seconds. Any enemies facing the cone and attempting to pass through it will be slowed by 20/25/30/35/40%. As an additional effect, Sleet Slashes that pass through at any point or direction of the cone area will become refreshed. Accomplishing the maximum length of the skillshot once more and redirected from the mouth of the cone, depending on the angle at which the Sleet Slash had entered. These greater Sleet Slashes may also bounce off terrain walls and Lissandra herself up to 2 times after contact and release from the Buffets Of Hail, also relying on angles and direction to which the skillshot had been aimed from the cone area. If an enemy champion is killed (directly or indirectly assisted) by greater Sleet Slashes, the next Buffets Of Hail has reduced cooldown by 50%.

Range: 800
Cone Angle/Width: 60
Cooldown: 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds
Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 mana

[E] - Updraft: Active: Lissandra's next basic attack knocks the target up into the air for 0.40 seconds, as well as any adjacent targets for 0.25 seconds. Afterwards Lissandra's next few basic attacks will proc twice in one hit, while increasing her attack speed by 40% altogether for 4 seconds. On-hit effects may proc twice for these 4 seconds.

Range: 1
Diameter of Knockup AoE: 200
Cooldown: 11/10/9/8/7 seconds
Cost: 70/78/86/94/102 mana

[R] - Whiteout: Active: Lissandra releases a nova of about 12 empowered Sleet Slashes out from around her dealing 200/250/300 (+0.3 AP) and capable of bouncing off terrain walls, herself, and other Sleet Slash projectiles up to 3 times. On contact with Buffets Of Hail they may refresh once more. Consecutive hits of these empowered Sleet Slashes will deal 10% less damage on the same target, if contacted more times to a maximum of 40% reduced damage.

Range: 1
Diameter of Damage AoE: 1000
Projectile Speed: 2000
Cooldown: 180/140/100 seconds
Cost: 100/130/160 mana
This is as far as I get for now, I'd love to continue but I'm quite tired as you can tell what time this was posted. If you haven't noticed, the abilities are made to combo together quite well and are very applicable to different situations. My take on enhanced skillshot abilities as well as Lissandra, whom I'd love to play if she comes out. If the Spider Queen can be made into the game, why can't the Ice Dervish?

Berukyorasu

10-21-2012

Forgot to add a Changelog.

Changelog V.0.1:

Hypothermia stacks reduced from 8 to 4.
Sleet Slash passive continuation has been clarified along with the active.
Buffets Of Hail now reduces in cooldown by 50% if a greater Sleet Slash kills or assists in the killing of an enemy champion.

Berukyorasu

10-23-2012

Bump for the hell of it!

Berukyorasu

10-27-2012

Bumps! Will be adding rest of stuff soon!

Grab my Lemons

10-27-2012

This is good! I really like it.
Just one question though, about the Q. Is it like Volibear's ability where after a certain number of consecutive attacks, he can use his bite? Or does the ability automatically go off by itself every couple of attacks?

Berukyorasu

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facerockker View Post
This is good! I really like it.
Just one question though, about the Q. Is it like Volibear's ability where after a certain number of consecutive attacks, he can use his bite? Or does the ability automatically go off by itself every couple of attacks?
Thanks a lot for your feedback! I figured it would go off every few hits, maybe if it becomes too overwhelming I'd change it to something similar to Volibear's Frenzy. But overall, my idea of a "nerf" for this skill would be to reduce consecutive passive skillshot damage similar to Caitlyn's Piltover Peacemaker.