@Hippalus Help me gift this special friend a skin I own

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celasen

10-21-2012

good luck! bump

Arta

10-21-2012

Thank you all!

SNSD Tiffanyx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potpourri View Post
From what I've been told it seems I need to get 2k upvotes. All support and votes are greatly appreciated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started league back in 2009 near 2010 when I heard about its popularity one a gaming forum I used to roam on. Curious, I made an account, played through tutorial but quit because I was confused by how to play this MOBA. It's not like I forgot about League of Legends, it always sat in the back of my mind, making me wonder if I should of tried it more than just giving up.

A year later, I rejoined a few weeks before Lulu's release, I picked up LoL again. This time I wasn't going to give up, I ran through tutorial, played co-op until 10, hit PvP until 30 and had the most wonderful time ever. And for that Riot I bought my first RP card, invited my three siblings to play, bought them all RP card and now we all play LoL.

During this period I met this guy during a ranked game. I plummeted from 1200 elo to 800 elo because I did not have enough PvP experience under my belt and found myself digging a bigger grave. Depressed, hopeless and about to give up, I slowly practiced more, read more, studied more until I pulled myself all the way to 1200. However, it'd be criminal to say that I did it alone. I met this guy on my way back up, a special friend who played Janna during one of my ranked games when I played Ashe. At first it was nothing special, he was a great support and I friended him because we played so well. But if I knew that day that it would escalate to the friendship we had today, I would of got him a gift for his birthday.

I missed his birthday, I never knew his birthday. However, we continued to play rank together, talk on skype, play normal and invite more friends. Soon we became such good friends that he even bought Guild Wars 2 to play with me. We both play LoL and GW2 together, and I thank LoL for this great friend. However, he is willing to spent $60 to play a game with me, what do I have to show for?

Hippalus. hear my words, I'd like you to do me a big favor. I was given a vintage skin, UFO Corki, from back when I made this account. My friend, his summoner name is Zenizor, is one of my closest and most respectable friend I've met online, and he had always wanted to get UFO Corki. I missed his birthday, so please Hippalus, I'd like you to gift my UFO Corki skin to this man. To Zenizor, to the guy who had made my LoL experience so wonderful that I continue to get active in everything LoL has to offer.

I don't want a skin from him, but he said if a trade is needed he's willing to trade his Jaximus skin, a skin he paid to help donate to cancer, to me. Please Hippalus, help us out, help me show my appreciation to this friend of mine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: 50+ upvotes so far, thanks everyone for their support so far!
Edit 2: 100+ upvotes! Thank you for the support so far! Help me keep this thread going!
Edit 3: 150+ upvotes, 2k+ views, thank you everyone!
Edit 4: 180+ upvotes, it seems I need 2k votes :/ Common GD, hear my plea, I need your help!
Edit 5: 200+ upvotes now! 10% There! Working on zentangles for GD.
Just buy him a $100 RP card if he is that close to you

Ritchyrd

10-21-2012

Bump

Arta

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posioned Ruby View Post
Just buy him a $100 RP card if he is that close to you
$100 RP can't compare with a skin thats no longer available to get. I found out I had UFO Corki by accident, I had no idea I even owned him until one day I was surfing through my skins and saw it. My friend Zenizor loves Corki, but doesn't own a single skin for him, why? Because he doesn't like any of the skins, he told me during one of my ranked games that he wanted UFO corki.

Besides, you can't buy friendship. He's already spent $60 to play GW2 with me, I doubt $100 is going to make him happy, especially after I missed his birthday. I want to show my true appreciation to him, if theres a chance that I can give him a legacy skin, my UFO corki, I'll do it, thats worth more than anything right now.

SNSD Tiffanyx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potpourri View Post
$100 RP can't compare with a skin thats no longer available to get. I found out I had UFO Corki by accident, I had no idea I even owned him until one day I was surfing through my skins and saw it. My friend Zenizor loves Corki, but doesn't own a single skin for him, why? Because he doesn't like any of the skins, he told me during one of my ranked games that he wanted UFO corki.

Besides, you can't buy friendship. He's already spent $60 to play GW2 with me, I doubt $100 is going to make him happy, especially after I missed his birthday. I want to show my true appreciation to him, if theres a chance that I can give him a legacy skin, my UFO corki, I'll do it, thats worth more than anything right now.

damn, you friend sure is picky lol

SN Fate

10-21-2012

Such good friend... I support your cause

Arta

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posioned Ruby View Post
damn, you friend sure is picky lol
I guess you can say that xD

Its more like, money isn't that important to him. Thats why its tough for me to find whats perfect for him, so I'll put every effort I have to get him this skin.

Poypoi

10-21-2012

Bump!!!

mgcgamer

10-21-2012

Bump. Stay on page 1!