Another "Keep Old TT" Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheChief

10-20-2012

I know there's a few out there but I want to help the cause too. If you haven't already, sign the petition http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2694690

I'm not saying they shouldn't add the new one, it looks like it'll be fun too. But they don't have to outright replace the old TT. It certainly wasn't perfect but I'd argue it was still far from broken. No, you couldn't pick any of the 100+ champions and be viable. And yes, certain strategies were flat out better than others. But that doesn't make it any less fun.

Think about it like when Nintendo put out Wind Waker for the gamecube. It was still definitely a Zelda game but it was also something brand new. There's no reason you can't enjoy it and Ocarina of Time too. Except in this scenario, that's exactly what you can't do. And I flippin love OoT.

So yeah, at least keep the old TT around in some form, please.

fiddlesticksssss

10-20-2012

Some form called normals. Put that beta **** in customs, phug that.

Wasted Soldier

10-20-2012

I like the changes such as the wall inside the base, a definite improvement to the map. Certain carries could hold the base 1v3 at any point in the game (such as Kog Maw). Making the map less orientated to blinking champs was a definite improvement, as a well-played blink champ was nearly impossible to catch and kill. However, the general layout of the map completely changes the gameplay.

In the games I played, there was practically NO laning stage what so ever, there was a gank at lvl 1 and whenever anyone starts losing their lane they run up to gank. The short distance in between top and bot lane and the lack of wards makes it nearly impossible to call ganks if you’re not in an actual chat with your teammates.

Playing more a couple more games I also realized that it is impossible to avoid team fighting even at lvl one. Between the altars and the ease of ganking it is extremely easy for either tem to force a teamfight even at level one. This results in champions that are not strong at lvls 1-3 (such as most ult based champs) can result in the other team getting both altars at the first opportunity. This can easily change the game due to the massive farm capability the double altar buff offers.

The presence of the altars in general seems to be flawed. Not only does it give a MASSIVE advantage to the team that controls both, but the altar is between the two lanes makes it difficult to stop the enemy team from taking your altar. The way the entrances are, if the enemy team is standing on or next to the altar the defending team will be separated, with the enemy team directly in between them, making an initiate by the defending team (without a straight tank, which I don’t see often in 3s) a suicidal move.

While the attempt to improve threes is appreciated, an all-out change to the gameplay of the map was not expected, or in my opinion wanted. The map does seem popular by the people actively playing it in the PBE, so adding it as a new map is a definite possibility. The main problem being it would disrupt the ranked 3s over which map would be played

P.S. The new map made me realize that having the oracle extract instead of the oracle elixir on the old TT would be a great improvement. It would allow players to counter enemies spamming wards everywhere without putting a serious dent into their gold count. If the old map is kept I’d like to see that change made =D

TheChief

10-21-2012

Good post, Wasted Soldier. I agree (although I have been known to play rammus on the current TT quite a bit with good results ). I haven't got a chance to play the new one yet so I can't really judge. But I see it being like Dominion: everyone plays it the first day, numbers drop quite a bit after a week, 95% of players go back to Summoner's Rift. And that's fine but it really screws over the people who really do like the current TT. It may not have a huge fan base but there are still a lot of people out there that enjoy it so why get rid of it altogether?

Jetaj1

10-21-2012

Same, I really enjoy Twisted Treeline, I play it far more often than any other map because I enjoy the gameplay more, it's a bit faster paced(though not so much as dominion) with a smaller jungle in the middle to allow for easy ganks when you want them and also allows for relatively easy escape with the top jungle. I haven't had a chance to play the new map yet, but from what I hear it will change the gameplay too much from what I already love about TT, though it does sound like a great and much needed new map.