Trades - how can we make them happen Riot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Commander Banana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2012

So, there has always been a desire to trade skins. Sometimes you buy one when all is well for your favorite champion, but then one day you realize that you have fallen out of love with them. Some of us would kill to get access to discontinued skins that we either missed our chance for or weren't playing when they were offered. That's supposed to be the selling point of the skins, we know, but Riot plz.

How can we make this work for you Riot?

How about an option where you can open a trade window with someone in your friend's list. Inside of the trade, each party can offer up a skin if the other party has the champion unlocked. If both sides agree to the trade then it can will go through with an RP cost. 250RP? 500RP? You could make the RP cost based on the availability or rarity of the skin? I really don't think people will care about biting the bullet on some RP if they can get a long desired skin.

I have friends that have skins that I want that they no longer want and vice versa! Let us trade them and support this great game at the same time.

Anyone else agree with this system or have something different in mind? Let everyone and Riot know by commenting!

Darkest Chuckle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2012

Do not want League Fortress 2

Neo Cyrus

10-21-2012

I'm all for it.

Commander Banana

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Graken View Post
Do not want League Fortress 2
I'm sorry you feel that way. I just think that the ability to trade skins would please a lot of people. I also think this is quite different from TF2 where items are random drops, can be bought, and trades are free.

Maddix White

10-21-2012

I like this idea at first glance. I want to consider some things before I am totally sold on it.

If this were to happen, there WILL be an almost free market of professional traders. Just like how the stock market works, skins will be traded and a lot of money will be made from them. It's up to Riot if they want this sort of thing in their game; because they are the ones who will be taking responsibility for every scam/misuse that happens.

Another thing is that the value of the discontinued skins will be lowered. For example, if I've been playing since beta, and I have all of the discontinued skins, I no longer have that feeling of being a part of an exclusive group. So I would feel kinda bad for those players.

I'm leaning more towards "I like it", but would like to hear other people's perspectives before a final verdict.

TsubakiMK III

Recruiter

10-21-2012

Its nice in theory, i've got a few skins I either regret buying (be it from not playing that champ anymore or being let down in game) or purchased newer, better looking skins with fancy particles (every skin since loch cho looks legendary to my firefighter trist buying beta playing butt). The "gold farmer" scene scares me though, gotta find a way to make it legit and keep 3rd parties from buy/selling legacy skins out the wazoo with a thousand farm accounts all just waiting to buy the next holidays list of featured champs and their skins.

Repress

10-21-2012

I do not think something like this should be implemented it will attract the account hacker scene which is something im sure riot doesnt want to have to deal with.

*to support*
"omg all my skins got stolen help!!!"
"i downloaded a program and all my skins dissapeared!"
"*Liar* I got hacked*le troll and my skins got stolen* (gave to friend)"

Im sure they dont want that.

Exile4eva

10-21-2012

At the risk of sounding unpopular I think this is a bad idea. Sure it's okay as a very rare occurrence on the forums if someone makes a plea impassioned enough and gets thousands of upvotes supporting it but if it was something that was built into the game it would take away a lot of the exclusivity surrounding some skins. Limited Edition skins stop being so 'limited edition' etc.

Commander Banana

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckFinley31 View Post
Another thing is that the value of the discontinued skins will be lowered. For example, if I've been playing since beta, and I have all of the discontinued skins, I no longer have that feeling of being a part of an exclusive group. So I would feel kinda bad for those players.
The thought crossed my mind as well that people with the exclusive skins might feel slighted, but then I realized that there would be no more of these skins in circulation - just the existing ones. Instead of sitting there getting no play on someone's account they could instead be dusted off and be given new life to someone who really wants it.

And to those who think that this would inspire people to try to game the system I offer the point that with each trade there would be an RP fee. Someone might be able to trade around and turn a recolor into a legendary, but not without paying for it. The money would go to preventing mass trades and supporting Riot at the same time. And if security is your issue, you just need to follow some basic password rules to make sure you don't get hacked. Also, Riot could possibly consider using something like Google Authenticator or their own authentication service to better protect accounts, but that is up to them and the community if they would be so inclined as to group together to demand it.

Remember, this is just an idea because you have exclusive skins, I have exclusive skins, and there are plenty of people who would like to have the opportunity to get a crack at them too. Riot keeps releasing better and better skins so the desire for older skins could be limited, but at least having the option would be nice.

Another suggestion, how about having honor possibly tie into the system? A free trade for every 25-50 points you amass in a certain category?