Serious question about new champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snipad

10-20-2012

Why do Riot create overpowered champions, then in a month or two they nerf them to the ground. Classic example is Nocturne, why do Riot do this?

Kreyni

10-20-2012

They believe it's balanced, then after a month or two of actual gameplay, the statistics show they desperately need a nerf, so they do so?

Also, this has applied for only a few new releases. I think Diana was toned down for the tankiness and damage she could deal, Zyra was genuinely imba, Darius had his grace period removed, and AP Rengar got a tone-down, on W.

Otherwise, not all of the new champions are overpowered.
Out of the 2012 releases, I believe that only my examples were actually toned down after public release. Otherwise, we still have:
Sejuani
Ziggs
Nautilus
Fiora
Lulu
Hecarim
Varus
Draven
Syndra
Kha'zix
and Jayce.
Thus, only 4/15 were toned down post-release (in 2012). Riot does not always "create OP champions then nerf them", in fact they've done this less than a third of the time in 2012.

Hoizengerd

10-20-2012

Jayce & Lulu both got nerfed...Draven is really strong, prob is no one plays him, & Kaz is pretty borken too, wouldn't be surprised if they nerf him in the coming future, that jump **** of his is ridiculous

so far all the things i predicted would be gettin nerfed did get nerfed

Jayce
Ezreal
Corki
DFG
Rengar

trust me, you're gonna be seeing a Kaz nerf comin down the pipeline, wouldn't surprise me if Garen gets one too

Rutherfordium

10-20-2012

Kha'Zix isn't that broken, he's an uber-early game champ that falls off VERY hard lategame. Had a TT game once where he dominated us and went like 10/3 or something then became instantly useless around the 20 minute mark. His team fighting skills are very lackluster, wheras he's great in the laning phase.

Hoizengerd

10-20-2012

people said the same **** about Jayce & Rengar
"these guys suck, they not OP at all"

*rolls eyes*

speaking of, Jax needs a ****in nerf too
hell, they nerfed Blitz and i never thought i would see the day, always been saying the champ is way to strong for not building any damage or defense items...so why not Jax??