Nunu the Jungle Yeti: Early Game Ganking, Late Game Tanking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Telandra

11-02-2010

bump

Meph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2010

I have a lot of experience with jungling Nunu and people need to know that you don't need anything past Madred's Razors to get to solo dragon-ability.

Also, Nunu is not a tank.

Bigmantree

11-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph View Post
I have a lot of experience with jungling Nunu and people need to know that you don't need anything past Madred's Razors to get to solo dragon-ability.

Also, Nunu is not a tank.
The fact that you imply you should ever get madred's on Nunu says all I need to know about how valid your opinion is. Nunu is best played as a tank, period. Madred's doesn't help any Nunu build but AD Nunu, which is horrid. End of story.

-Bigmantree out

Telandra

11-06-2010

bump

Razekal

11-24-2010

Something you didn't mention is that nunu's passive can be built up while its still in effect. So if you have the full 7 for the free spell, attack 6 times, use your free cast, and then attack, you get a second free cast.

Not too terribly important, but I felt it was worth mentioning. Especially since this is the only remotely recent nunu guide to my knowledge.

Bonegnasher

11-24-2010

Thanks for the awesome guide! I've been playing a lot of jungle Nunu lately, but I've been starting with cloth armor at the golem buff (gank bait). In theory, boots first + your jungling route + earlier ganks would be much more effective than my strat. I can't wait to try it out!

Also, just curious about that lack of Randuin's in your guide. IMO, the CDR and extra slow will help the team out a lot more than the AOE damage from Sunfire.

Also, GRUNGY NUNU SALE THIS WEEKEND!!!!1!1 I'm stoked

cheshirebat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razekal View Post
Something you didn't mention is that nunu's passive can be built up while its still in effect. So if you have the full 7 for the free spell, attack 6 times, use your free cast, and then attack, you get a second free cast.

Not too terribly important, but I felt it was worth mentioning. Especially since this is the only remotely recent nunu guide to my knowledge.

I remember using this when I was playing nunu now and then. quite enjoyable to do double free iceblast on low mana.

Really useful guide, and I'm looking forward to getting back to nunu. Mysingle question, is since I probably won't be playing much this weekend, I wanted to know about the tower aggro of your ult. It doesn't actually do damage until it blows... so I was curious as to whether towers would ignore you until then. This seems like something that would possibly be unfair, which is why I wanted to ask.

4kk1

11-25-2010

@Bigmantree: Thanks for the awesome guide, which made me pick up Nunu as a jungling alternative. The Lvl3 gank is indeed very, very strong, but it requires an overextended enemy which if often don't find at around 3:45 into the game. Often I just manage to scare them a bit which helps, but its still a failed gank that costs jungling time. Also opponents with flash manage to evade my Ice Blast 50% of the time. It would be nice if you could share some best practices.
I'm also torn if to take 2nd level Ice Blast or Blood Boil at Lvl3 as the latter is quite helpful when ganking mid lane (give it to carry while closing on target after firing off Ice Blast).

Again, thanks for this excellent guide!

F4ILST0RM

12-06-2010

Can you use consume on Teemo shrooms or the Rally marker?

Mumboh

12-06-2010

Yup-- and wards.