Twisted Dominionline

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Come Touch Me

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squallian View Post
So, you pretty much just want old TT?

Talk about counter productive criticism.
Check the map i edited, how does that make me want the old one? did you even read my entire post? I said an altar in the middle and a mixture of the old one, not entirely.

chemo2

10-30-2012

I STRONGLY agree that the team wide buffs have ruined the game mode. It makes the game "snowball" very easily and just ruins the fun because early game is often the decisive factor in winning completely.

YeahBabyGetSome

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Hai guys.

I'm not going to try and tell you how you should think or what to feel about the reworked TT. I'm a high elo dominion player and also diamond in 3s. I've dedicated a lot of time over the last few months to learning and becoming good at our non-SR game modes. I'm not a designer or on either the dominion or TT team, but I can tell you as a player that the new mode really doesn't feel like dominion to me (and I LOVE dominion).

Are there a lot of things that still aren't perfect about the new TT? Sure. That's why we're releasing this as a beta. We read all of your comments on here and really do value your feedback. Change is hard and I know there will be a lot of knee-jerk reactions to the new changes. People see the altars and immediately think of them as capture and hold points like Dominion when really the gamemode doesn't feel anything like Dominion (to me, at least - like I said I don't want to tell you what you should think).

That said, posts like this one are extremely constructive and allow us to analyze what you guys like and don't like about the new mode. I know it's tempting to post things like "omg the new map mode sucks it's dominion/TT hybrid" but those really aren't constructive and don't engage us in conversation.

Instead, try to specifically outline what mechanics and changes make you feel that way. This post does a great job of approaching the specific elements that the OP doesn't like yet. Obviously, the map isn't even out on Live yet but as you guys have a chance to play it more, try to be constructive with feedback! The OP's post is a good example of what we're looking for ^_^

The new TT is fine, but what I do not understand is why add it NOW!?!??! Season 2 is coming to an end, and by adding this new MAP to the game causes a lot of new stuff...new teams, new iteams, new play-out, new strategies and etc....its a joke...why couldnt it wait till the end of the season? Where we all can start fresh and not jerk around whats good or whats not....to me and many others...feel like we got "Cheated" GG

FrostRevenant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticksssss View Post
Honestly, you and i and a bunch of other people agree. Those shrines destroy everything about TT and try to bring in that ****ty gamestyle called dominion. I do love all the new changes except them, and the fact that there is almost no juking because there are bushes for you to run in a straight line and escape. I would rather have alters removed, and instead put 2 buffs above top lane. Then bring back a form of sight other than lantern and hextech sweeper. This would bring back old TT playstyle, but also add in all the new stuff, that balance what old TT could not.

Edit: also i really don't like vilemaw buff that much. Attack speed and cooldown is nice, but nothing like dragon. I wouldn't mind have 10% extra damage from killing his hard ass instead of that, however there are mixed opinions about that, so i won't push it.
No teaparties for you good sir. The entire reason they included the altars was to give a secondary objective to force combat. This was to help reduce stagnant games on the old TT where in some games neither team would really engage each other because it was too risky so they farmed for 20 mins and mass warded so no one would get caught. BORING.

FrostRevenant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemo2 View Post
I STRONGLY agree that the team wide buffs have ruined the game mode. It makes the game "snowball" very easily and just ruins the fun because early game is often the decisive factor in winning completely.
an extra 15 AP/AD usually does not make or break a fight. if your teamwork sucked you deserved to lose the fight not because the buff is godlike. Its a decent buff but you give it too much credit.

Sizmic

10-30-2012

Quote:
Hai guys.

I'm not going to try and tell you how you should think or what to feel about the reworked TT. I'm a high elo dominion player and also diamond in 3s. I've dedicated a lot of time over the last few months to learning and becoming good at our non-SR game modes. I'm not a designer or on either the dominion or TT team, but I can tell you as a player that the new mode really doesn't feel like dominion to me (and I LOVE dominion).

This first part of your post Vesh is one that I've heard echoed among-est a lot of my friends in real life. A lot of them are hardcore dominion players as I almost was until I got rank hungry and went back to SR. At any-rate, my point is to those who don't' play dominion they see these buffs as something that forces team fights and you capture and hold them. That sounds like dominion but in truth you can ignore the alters and just farm the lanes in the new TT and be just fine. Sure you don't' get the extra gold per kill or the extra ad/ ap but I really don't' see this mechanic as vital to winning.

The Chaingang

10-31-2012

Trade alters for wards.

MrSmileyy

10-31-2012

I play dominion more than any other mode, and this map is NOT dominion 2.0, not even close.

Evangelene

10-31-2012

Quote:
Hai guys.

Are there a lot of things that still aren't perfect about the new TT? Sure. That's why we're releasing this as a beta. We read all of your comments on here and really do value your feedback. Change is hard and I know there will be a lot of knee-jerk reactions to the new changes. People see the altars and immediately think of them as capture and hold points like Dominion when really the gamemode doesn't feel anything like Dominion (to me, at least - like I said I don't want to tell you what you should think).

That said, posts like this one are extremely constructive and allow us to analyze what you guys like and don't like about the new mode. I know it's tempting to post things like "omg the new map mode sucks it's dominion/TT hybrid" but those really aren't constructive and don't engage us in conversation.

Instead, try to specifically outline what mechanics and changes make you feel that way. This post does a great job of approaching the specific elements that the OP doesn't like yet. Obviously, the map isn't even out on Live yet but as you guys have a chance to play it more, try to be constructive with feedback! The OP's post is a good example of what we're looking for ^_^
To be honest it's not the alters that make me think of dominion, the layout is more sparce and although it has jungle creep more resembles the dominion 'jungle' than the summoners rift one, as a stand alone map i have no problem with it but from what i have played on it thusfar it COMPLETELY changes the gameplay.

Wards are an important part of TT, taking them out makes you feel a lot more vunerable, it also seems like there is 'less to do' even though one of the specifics was that it would make TT games shorter i think it just takes more than it gives.

Vilemaw, there is one approach to him and he is too good to be able to get early, which poses the question of why is he there at all? If the aim was to make games shorter the main monster should not be harder to get! (in my opinion anyway, while there are less places to counter him he does more damage than ebonmaw)

I think the alters are a good edition but there needs to be some scaling fixes. However they take away a confrontation point!
A confrontation point in the past was red, it's in the middle and easy to get ganked at, similarly with ebonmaw because there were lots of places to hide and position yourself.

I feel this map takes away from the characters that require good positioning and i dread to think that a lot of perfectly viable characters will become useless! I don't think TT should become an all out bruiser fest.

Some changes are nice but i think they changed it too much for it to be as good as it was! I had been saying that TT needed an update but only an update, maybe a few changes, not an overhaul of the map~! Oh and Top jungle needs to be bigger

Nykidemus

10-31-2012

I dont care much for the Altars either. Not only do they change the feel of the map, but they also make getting an early game advantage absolutely disastrous for the opposing team, as every time they come to take their shrine back you can use your huge gold advantage and the +10% buff to wreck them - but at the same time, you cant really afford to sit back and farm, as there are tons of gank points, so farming is never safe - and if they then just sit and farm your jungle, or roam in a gank squad, they can respond from mid amazingly well, and clear any waves that push out, making great use of that +4 gold/creep