Twisted Dominionline

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Superbone1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticksssss View Post
Its not really dominion. Right now its in beta, and right now those altars you speak of, have a higher priority than vilemaw and dragon on old TT combined. You get a little extra gold that over time makes a huge mass, and of course a free dragon buff for eternity until you lose one altar. That is the main problem. However riot was thinking of ditching old TT in general, and putting this new and improved version in. The map without altars is AMAZING with a few added areas "top jungle" and it will be the TT we never had. However since there are those altars, and that speed altar, it really just destroys everything TT. That is the main problem. With those 2 in there it flat out destroys it. You say it causes fights? I haven't had 1 old TT game without atleast 10-20 fights. The only difference is that once you win a fight on new TT its gg, you will snowball. Who needs 10-20 fights? You can win in 5 just from pure altar ass raping.
So you're sad that you can't turtle a game out for 20 extra minutes?

You don't like that you can't get red buff and dominate the game until the buff runs out?

Sorry, but the speed shrine is much better than the red buff, and the flow of the map is much more interesting. You can get between the lanes more intelligently. And the reason people fight over the altars is because THEY ARE ACCESSIBLE. You don't have to go all the way across the map to fight over them. And I've never felt very behind because the other team had 2 altars. It actually poses a question at the start of the game: do I go for both altars, go for one, or just push the lane and get a level up and several creeps up?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fiddlesticksssss

Senior Member

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbone1 View Post
So you're sad that you can't turtle a game out for 20 extra minutes?

You don't like that you can't get red buff and dominate the game until the buff runs out?

Sorry, but the speed shrine is much better than the red buff, and the flow of the map is much more interesting. You can get between the lanes more intelligently. And the reason people fight over the altars is because THEY ARE ACCESSIBLE. You don't have to go all the way across the map to fight over them. And I've never felt very behind because the other team had 2 altars. It actually poses a question at the start of the game: do I go for both altars, go for one, or just push the lane and get a level up and several creeps up?
Here is where you are wrong. I said if you remove the altars the game is overall better. So what you said about turtling is that the altars do in fact cause massive snowballing. Even if you remove the altars turtling is still highly improbable because of the new "and well thought out" healing pools. They are an amazing improvement. The word intelligently was used terribly in that sentence. There is nothing intelligent about running in a straight path. Early game if you don't take both altars you are forced to turtle under your tower for fear of getting destroyed. However unless you want the other team to have 2 free Twisted Fate passives you need to cap at least one to make it a even playing field. I honestly didn't care about turtling. If i pushed up into your base and you started pulling creeps into the pool, my team would just start tanking your turret knowing we will have it down in seconds. You deserve to lose if you didn't think about that. E1C also informed everyone the intelligent way to actually play the map. If you are not going to go straight for the nexus, then quit taking down the enemy inhibitors. Once those are down you only have 1 dragon and 6 camps to farm, while the enemy team has an endless wave. It is your fault for allowing them to turtle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xLightning

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacred Stride View Post
I love the idea of the alters. I hope they don't remove it. It stops turtleing and gives you the feel of area control.
Your an Inbred.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerovox

Member

10-25-2012

imagine if they added the altar fiasco to sr, imagine all the complaints, riot would listen to them but we tt lovers are left in the dark for a year. What needs to happen is riot pitching ideas first, then giving us a chance to ask whether we would like it in the concept of our map or not, tt is all about ganking, sneaking around an eventually taking the other team to win the game, with the addition of no top jungle, i find that jungling is impossible, 3 creeps that respawn relatively late, makes it harder, thus only having those creeps makes jungling impossible, we need atleast 2 buffs, replacing the alters with buff creeps would be nice, maybe more sr jungle, with vilemaw i find he is to powerful, jungling in tt consists of taking the dragon asap, this gives your team the pushing edge, i may sound like i'm complaining, there are also things i love about this map, such as the new sleak design, the stopping of turtling, but getting rid of those tricky walls that gave squishy blinkers they're last hope of escaping kind of makes it harder.

Overall:
New Map Look: 9/10 Old Map Look: 10/10
Jungling: 3/10 Jungling: 7/10 (atleast it was possible to jungle)
Laning: 5/10 Laning: 4/10

i still love what riot has done, but removing the essentials that is twisted treeline makes me really dissapointed, sorry if i rambled.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CLG HotdogGG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Hai guys.

I'm not going to try and tell you how you should think or what to feel about the reworked TT. I'm a high elo dominion player and also diamond in 3s. I've dedicated a lot of time over the last few months to learning and becoming good at our non-SR game modes. I'm not a designer or on either the dominion or TT team, but I can tell you as a player that the new mode really doesn't feel like dominion to me (and I LOVE dominion).

Are there a lot of things that still aren't perfect about the new TT? Sure. That's why we're releasing this as a beta. We read all of your comments on here and really do value your feedback. Change is hard and I know there will be a lot of knee-jerk reactions to the new changes. People see the altars and immediately think of them as capture and hold points like Dominion when really the gamemode doesn't feel anything like Dominion (to me, at least - like I said I don't want to tell you what you should think).

That said, posts like this one are extremely constructive and allow us to analyze what you guys like and don't like about the new mode. I know it's tempting to post things like "omg the new map mode sucks it's dominion/TT hybrid" but those really aren't constructive and don't engage us in conversation.

Instead, try to specifically outline what mechanics and changes make you feel that way. This post does a great job of approaching the specific elements that the OP doesn't like yet. Obviously, the map isn't even out on Live yet but as you guys have a chance to play it more, try to be constructive with feedback! The OP's post is a good example of what we're looking for ^_^
The problem is that there's basically only one thing to fight over most of the time. Vilemaw is too strong to fight early and there are no other buffs other than the shrines. This means everything is concentrated in the center of the map for most of the game, and people only get Vilemaw with a clear advantage because it's always obvious that they're doing it (Why else would you go top?) This leads to you just teamfighting every 90 seconds until someone gets far enough ahead to get Vilemaw/Push. People think it feels like Dominion? Try ARAM. Or Dominion but with only two capture points. It's shallow and uninteresting.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LSA

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
Hai guys.

I'm not going to try and tell you how you should think or what to feel about the reworked TT. I'm a high elo dominion player and also diamond in 3s. I've dedicated a lot of time over the last few months to learning and becoming good at our non-SR game modes. I'm not a designer or on either the dominion or TT team, but I can tell you as a player that the new mode really doesn't feel like dominion to me (and I LOVE dominion).

Are there a lot of things that still aren't perfect about the new TT? Sure. That's why we're releasing this as a beta. We read all of your comments on here and really do value your feedback. Change is hard and I know there will be a lot of knee-jerk reactions to the new changes. People see the altars and immediately think of them as capture and hold points like Dominion when really the gamemode doesn't feel anything like Dominion (to me, at least - like I said I don't want to tell you what you should think).

That said, posts like this one are extremely constructive and allow us to analyze what you guys like and don't like about the new mode. I know it's tempting to post things like "omg the new map mode sucks it's dominion/TT hybrid" but those really aren't constructive and don't engage us in conversation.

Instead, try to specifically outline what mechanics and changes make you feel that way. This post does a great job of approaching the specific elements that the OP doesn't like yet. Obviously, the map isn't even out on Live yet but as you guys have a chance to play it more, try to be constructive with feedback! The OP's post is a good example of what we're looking for ^_^
We're all exaggerating when we say it feels like Dominion. It certainly doesn't, but the Altars really do take away from the rest of the game, and you spend most of the game fighting over them, just like how you would fight over capture points in Dominion.

I really do think the altars should just be flat out removed. Not changed, because they're either still going to be the main objective, or a waste of space in the map for say, a buff creep or something.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nicksiren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskyraider View Post
The problem is that there's basically only one thing to fight over most of the time. Vilemaw is too strong to fight early and there are no other buffs other than the shrines. This means everything is concentrated in the center of the map for most of the game, and people only get Vilemaw with a clear advantage because it's always obvious that they're doing it (Why else would you go top?) This leads to you just teamfighting every 90 seconds until someone gets far enough ahead to get Vilemaw/Push. People think it feels like Dominion? Try ARAM. Or Dominion but with only two capture points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghrope View Post
We're all exaggerating when we say it feels like Dominion. It certainly doesn't, but the Altars really do take away from the rest of the game, and you spend most of the game fighting over them, just like how you would fight over capture points in Dominion.

I really do think the altars should just be flat out removed. Not changed, because they're either still going to be the main objective, or a waste of space in the map for say, a buff creep or something.
Great posts. Short and sweet and full of truth.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marcu Deslyn

Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venova View Post
Let me sum up what seems to be a majority of the sentiments:

We love the new map
We love the old map
We want them both, not one replacing the other - at least keep the "old" TT available as a custom game option. No matchmaking, keep that for the new TT/SI map, since it would be confusing to newer players to encounter 2 versions of the "same" map, and keeping the old TT as custom would prevent fracturing because most people will probably play the new map. But the old one can stay there for customs for dedicated the TT communtity who loves the map.
The new map is called Shadow Isles.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mummra

Senior Member

10-25-2012

i really dislike this new form of twisted treeline, and would like to have the old mode back, if i wanted to play dominion, i would play dominion


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JediTim

Member

10-25-2012

Could not agree more! Please listen to this man, Riot!