Blackfire Torch small buff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

10-30-2012

I like the item, but I feel it's not really a very viable item unless you pick a champ which can keep it permanently procced on an enemy for a long time without botching their spell order (Malzahar is the only one who comes to mind offhand).The solution? Make the debuff stack. Reduce base number to 4% of current HP, and now up to 3 stacks can be applied at once, any one spell can only apply one stack.

Or at least, let the AoE and single target versions work at the same time. Most, if not all, sustained casters have both, and it would be a subtle buff that makes it more useful.

Lolki

10-30-2012

I would be happy with a graphic that make it seem like the proc is actually doing something. I get it pretty often because it is still nice, but I never really feel like the proc is doing much since I can't see it.

Bladewrie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

I'm confused, Malzahar doesn't restack the debuf correct? The debuf is only applied on contact? So... single target low cooldown spells are the optimal way to go?

Jaysnipesinc

10-30-2012

This item in not underpowered it works well with any poke type mage, try using it on ap teemo and see how often they go b from just a couple blinding darts :)

Hoizengerd

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladewrie View Post
I'm confused, Malzahar doesn't restack the debuf correct? The debuf is only applied on contact? So... single target low cooldown spells are the optimal way to go?
no, the debuff gets refreshed with every tick from a DoT ability, in this case Mordekaizers ultimate

this is why people have been *****ing about the item on Singed, specially with the glitch, Singed comes up, flings you and the poison trails you, and the whole time the debuff is doing full percent damage and getting refreshed every poison tick, so now something that only lasted 3?? seconds is now lasting like 6 or more and doing full damage instead of half the damage that it's supposed to do for AoE abilities

Jaysnipesinc

10-30-2012

Same for teemos shrooms :(

Lyrdian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

This item is good stats wise but the passive in game is so weak its not even funny. had a Elise hit me with it and at like 60% hp it was hitting me for like 6 points (hecarim, only had Phage and sheen with ninja tabi done)

Realyst

10-30-2012

The list of champions who make this item worthwhile includes:

- Singed
- Malz
- Teemo
- Brand
- Cass

Anyone else?

Cha0sniper

10-30-2012

You forgot Swain. Also Ryze.

Remember tho guys, it's better once the enemy starts to build health, so you generally don't want to rush it immediately. It also makes magic pen better because it adds to your damage without scaling your AP.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Logan View Post
The list of champions who make this item worthwhile includes:

- Singed
- Malz
- Teemo
- Brand
- Cass

Anyone else?
It has reduced effects for AoE's and DoT's. Every champ you listed has mostly those. IMO it would be best on single target nuke mages.