Why don't people synergize?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NiceDynamite

10-19-2012

I'm tired of going into games where people pick their favorite champ regardless of team comp. I've been in games with 3 AD carries, no AD/AP carries, no tanks, etc. I'm tired of being the only person who chooses champs according to what we have/need. Jesus -_-

MirrororriM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

Amen

Rutherfordium

10-19-2012

Well, sometimes breaking the meta is fun. Playing your favorite champs is also fun.

League of Legends is a game. You're supposed to have fun. Especially when you don't play ranked. Which you don't.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

Experience can be more potent than synergy. Sometimes players are more experienced with their favorite champions,

Also, nobody can agree on what's needed in a team composition, aside from lane assignment.

Fiveofswords

10-19-2012

happens with weak players...when your elo gets better you will see it much less

there is also an elo with normal games its jsut hidden....so as you improve, you will see it less in normal also

Sënuch

10-19-2012

As I see it, if you are playing bot games with a pug, then you will have players picking their favorite champs and not following the "meta" of Tank, Support, AD, AP, Carry, Jungle, etc etc.

IF you are playing with a group of friends who just happen to like playing with characters that when combine, follow the meta, you're good.

Think, if you play with pugs in rated games you will not be getting high elo any time soon. There is more involved when forming a team that will be successful, via communicating through skype, all agreeing to play the specific champ to fulfill this meta-game of yours you describe.

Truth be told, I choose my favorite character every time because I want to. You are not obligated to play the by the meta, only suggested to. Besides I come to play LoL as a casual for fun, NOT for "super cereal business". Now I WOULD consider playing by the meta if I want to take the game seriously, but be warned, as you take the game seriously, it no longer becomes fun. The idea of fun will equal winning, but say when you lose, you will rage. A game is not worth the rage :>

Fiveofswords

10-19-2012

people seems to like talking about how its fun to play some champ even though they understand it to be inferior....for me msot fo the fun in the game is the general strategy and fulfulling my role in some team. I dont consider playing any individual champ to be all that fun....i guess different people jsut have differnet approaches.
'breaking the meta' could be great fun...sure...but there has to be some point and some plan around it...or else is jsut playing badly...for fun...or something. Thats actually a reportable offense i guess...what if you enjoy feeding the opps? maybe thats fun for you.

NiceDynamite

10-20-2012

I'm not saying everyone HAS to play by the meta, but when you see 2 other AD carries picked, don't be stupid and pick a third...AT LEAST attempt to benefit the team in some way.

MaximusEvil

10-20-2012

I usually play to my strengths, If I see people trollin, I just troll along with them. My favorite has to be 5 bruisers though, make enemy teams rage when your own team is so tanky, the enemy team cant kill a single person.

Best match I've had like this was Jayce/Irelia/Chogath/Jax/Olaf.

2 gap closers, 2 stuns, silence, knockup, 3 slows. The CC is incredible, and aslong as you kill off their main damage dealers/CC them to death you'll never lose a match.