Elo Hell

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

siriusorion

Member

09-30-2010

There is no such thing. Simple as that.
How come?

When i started ranked in my very first game i was afternerf heimerdinger(rubbish) and we had a leaver in our team. I was nervous about ranked games but i managed to backoor two inhibitors and one nexus tower and little later deny baron for enemy team and later do a single gank in the jungle to enemy best player - ashe.
We ended up winning that 4vs5, and i played a quite big part of that.

Second game was ridicculos - both teams had 2 leavers, it was a long game but i was careful and managed to get my meja stacks to 20 and dominated the blue buffs, and then the rolling started, our nasus player was free food for the enemy but our gangplank was prettty good and did a massive damage.
We won that one aswell, mostly due me and gangplanks ganks where we both got our stacks.

How to get above 1200 elo?

1. Stop being an ass, if someone in your team just plays badly, dont start flaming and blaming, guy propably feels pretty bad anyway. Just try to help him with advice (ie hug the tower, or use x skill, buy that) or go and help him in the game to gank or just defend.
2. Help your teammates by pinging if you have a strong feeling that somebody might wanna gank them.
3. If you need help in your lane, tell or ping for a gank and somebody propably will come.
4. Dont whine and have a sense of humor, there are plenty of cases were 4v5 have been won if your team actually tries and sometimes just uses sneaky tactics.
5. Wards. They win games.
6. There is no such thing as killsteal, because there is an assist gold and if you last hit while your whoel team did damage they get also assist gold.



What i am trying to say is that if you are low elo, you belong there because well, mathematics beats you elo it is used for chess and people who play chess are actally quite bit more brilliant than you and they dont whine, there is no low elo hell, you are low elo because you play bad, are you very egotistical or choose bad champs or suck in teamfights, mapaawarness or are overall bad. Everyone has a chanche to get bad teammates with bad champs but better players make best of it. So try to be more of a teamplayer, dont rage on people. place wards and so on.

Note: Im midelo, my main "The Sirius" in eu is 1500.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eckebert

Senior Member

09-30-2010

The difference between LoL and chess is that LoL is a team game while chess is not. 5 man teams have A LOT more variables to deal with than a single person. People with low chess elo do not whine because they don't need a team to win a game - your pawns are just not going to ragequit after the first one dies. Your advice for winning games in soloqueue is mostly right (although I disagree with buying wards below a certain elo because it will literally cause your team to suicide into a bush just because someone is there), but it has nothing to do with the existence of elo hell, as well as your anecdotes.. Also, a leaver or constant feeder WILL make it very hard to win, especially if you play solo. The thing is, not everyone with a kinda low elo rating IN SOLOQUEUE will necessarily be bad, especially if he is unlucky enough to lose his first few games and drop below 1000. It is true that one player that is way better than the rest of his team can have a significant influence on the outcome of that game, but many times, this simply won't work.

Yes, there are many people who overestimate their skills a lot. Since Season 1, I am kinda jumping between 1000 and 1400 elo, and on any elo, there are people who are really bad, but still think they were superior to anyone else. Still, I have seen many players who played very well and did all of the things you listed, yet they still lost due to numerous reasons (most times due to a leaver or just a terribad team). The lower your elo gets, the more common this becomes, and this is the true definition of Elo hell. The lower your elo gets, the harder it is to get it to rise again without duoqueueing - and, frankly, the SOLO queue really shouldn't require a partner for duoqueueing to work.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deadnagastorage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-30-2010

Again people play the maths says you'll come out on top, this isnt true, this doesnt account for luck. You can get lucky get no leavers and skill your way out of ELO hell, or like me, you can have a leaver or two on your team every second game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akedomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-30-2010

Someone else who thinks that Elo hell doesn't exist simply because he's never actually been in it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Contralize

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-30-2010

This kid's obviously havent been under 1200 elo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deadnagastorage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusorion View Post

How to get above 1200 elo?

1. Stop being an ass, if someone in your team just plays badly, dont start flaming and blaming, guy propably feels pretty bad anyway. Just try to help him with advice (ie hug the tower, or use x skill, buy that) or go and help him in the game to gank or just defend.
2. Help your teammates by pinging if you have a strong feeling that somebody might wanna gank them.
3. If you need help in your lane, tell or ping for a gank and somebody propably will come.
4. Dont whine and have a sense of humor, there are plenty of cases were 4v5 have been won if your team actually tries and sometimes just uses sneaky tactics.
5. Wards. They win games.
6. There is no such thing as killsteal, because there is an assist gold and if you last hit while your whoel team did damage they get also assist gold.
1. I do this every game, it helps you win, but when the player is a rager or griefer or afker this doesn't help at all.
2. You'd be amazed how few people in low ELO even see a ping on the minimap.
3. Again probably come, 50/50 here they might, but in low ELO 9 times out 10 they dont.
4. LoL is hella balanced, u can win 4v5, but if its 4 decents against 5 decents, that missing dps/cc/target will cost you the game.
5. Wards, useless when you can do nothing with that map control, ie. 3v5 games.
6. There is killsteal, you get more gold for the kill, I had a game where a pantheon went 11/13. I was kog and just couldnt get that farm up as he would run up spear shot then die, he didnt do anything with the extra gold, i got my items, but slower.

And yea ELO works for solo games like chess, not team ones.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

siriusorion

Member

09-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckebert View Post
The difference between LoL and chess is that LoL is a team game while chess is not. 5 man teams have A LOT more variables to deal with than a single person. People with low chess elo do not whine because they don't need a team to win a game - your pawns are just not going to ragequit after the first one dies. Your advice for winning games in soloqueue is mostly right (although I disagree with buying wards below a certain elo because it will literally cause your team to suicide into a bush just because someone is there), but it has nothing to do with the existence of elo hell, as well as your anecdotes.. Also, a leaver or constant feeder WILL make it very hard to win, especially if you play solo. The thing is, not everyone with a kinda low elo rating IN SOLOQUEUE will necessarily be bad, especially if he is unlucky enough to lose his first few games and drop below 1000. It is true that one player that is way better than the rest of his team can have a significant influence on the outcome of that game, but many times, this simply won't work.

Yes, there are many people who overestimate their skills a lot. Since Season 1, I am kinda jumping between 1000 and 1400 elo, and on any elo, there are people who are really bad, but still think they were superior to anyone else. Still, I have seen many players who played very well and did all of the things you listed, yet they still lost due to numerous reasons (most times due to a leaver or just a terribad team). The lower your elo gets, the more common this becomes, and this is the true definition of Elo hell. The lower your elo gets, the harder it is to get it to rise again without duoqueueing - and, frankly, the SOLO queue really shouldn't require a partner for duoqueueing to work.
I have explained it already dont i? Of course feeder in your team is bad but enemy has the came chance to get a feeder or leaver and that means that over a period of games, your skill matters because it averages out.

And dont give me that bull**** about that LOL is a teamgame and elo doesent work - seriously, go and read so you have avtually an idea how elo works...- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
It is used in football and basketaball also. Which are....team game? How many players and variables are in there?


Seriously people, think about averages and cant you really understand that enemy team has EXCACTLY the same chanche to have feeders and afk and so on, how do you not realize that?

It is not that complicated....:/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deadnagastorage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-30-2010

You pick your team in football and basketball. Gw on your obviously flawed maths genius rager kid.

And your chance of having that feeder or leaver is 1000000000000000000000000000x higher in low rating, chance says you wont always have him on your team, but the way the system works, in low elo your probably going to get one, and if the system is so amazingly fair like you claim, in the long run itll be half your games, guarenteeing your low rating.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YijuWarp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-30-2010

how do u get outta ELO hell???

1.Play a carry who can solo the entire opponent team(i wud suggest twitch,yi)
2.Insist that u get mid
3.WIN

Note: assumed you are actually skilled...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inFe eD

Senior Member

09-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusorion View Post
I have explained it already dont i? Of course feeder in your team is bad but enemy has the came chance to get a feeder or leaver and that means that over a period of games, your skill matters because it averages out.

And dont give me that bull**** about that LOL is a teamgame and elo doesent work - seriously, go and read so you have avtually an idea how elo works...- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
It is used in football and basketaball also. Which are....team game? How many players and variables are in there?


Seriously people, think about averages and cant you really understand that enemy team has EXCACTLY the same chanche to have feeders and afk and so on, how do you not realize that?

It is not that complicated....:/
It really isn't that complicated at all, I agree.

In competitive football/bball, you have a prearranged team. The team fails or succeeds as a whole.

Guess what part of this isn't true for solo queue.

Think before you start raging and insulting people for "not understanding".


12