Communication: A Comprehensive Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Papayas

09-30-2010

Greetings, fellow Summoners!

I'd like to present to you a brief dialogue on a true wonder known as communication.

But Papayas, you ask, what is communication?

Simple! It's interaction between teammates in order to facilitate victory. Allow me a quick example. You're approaching the middle point of a heated match, and teams are neck and neck, preparing for a large teamfight. But uh oh! Shaco is trying to solo Lizard buff in the enemy jungle with 3 MIA's! What to do?

Communicate!

"Shaco, we'd really like to have you here for this teamfight. Could you please join us in the middle lane? We're awfully fearful that you'll be horrifically slaughtered should you stay in your current position. "

Shaco, being a reasonable player, comes to his senses and realizes his foolish action. He quickly makes his way back to the middle, aiding his team and winning the fight. Thus, they are victorious over the enemy team and make a glorious push down the center lane. Joy and gold is had by all.

Unfortunately, Ashe is the opposite. When politely asked to ward Baron, she refuses, as this won't allow her to complete her second set of Berserker's Greaves. She proceeds to overextend herself down the topmost lane, leaving her only means of escape quite open.
In a flurry of keyboard mashing she is torn to pieces with no means of retreat, and Pantheon oils his pristine hairless thighs over her corpse.

Slick move, Pantheon.

So fellow summoners, you handsome bunch, what does this mean for you?

Practice communication and soon you too can be strutting down the golden path of victory, to the shining gates of mid-high ELO. Chest puffed out and chin held high! Fear not the wards, teamwork, or intelligent item building. Embrace these facts and the sky's the limit.

Because knowing is half the battle!

[ TL;DR: Lol, you thought there was a TLDR. Scroll up, you silly goose. ]

Hazozat

09-30-2010

Whoever downvoted has a terrible sense of humor.

Euphoric Recall

09-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papayas View Post
Greetings, fellow Summoners!
Pantheon oils his pristine hairless thighs over her corpse.
Oh good god, take me now!

A Wild Magikarp

09-30-2010

Slick move Panth.

Swiftycents

09-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazozat View Post
Whoever downvoted has a terrible sense of humor.
Oh, I'm sorry, you're right, I should UPVOTE useless, funny, racist or arrogance-driven threads and DOWNVOTE threads that have opinions, suggestions or facts that I don't agree with or I am not aware of. What was I thinking?
Thank you kind sir, you've turned my life around.

Papayas

09-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftycents View Post
Oh, I'm sorry, you're right, I should UPVOTE useless, funny, racist or arrogance-driven threads and DOWNVOTE threads that have opinions, suggestions or facts that I don't agree with or I am not aware of. What was I thinking?
Thank you kind sir, you've turned my life around.
Welcome to General Chat, Swiftycents. You seem to be lost. Perhaps my associate Pantheon can help you find what you're looking for?

An oiled massage, perhaps?

Swiftycents

09-30-2010

Why yes, thank you. I'd love a thailand oil massage. Would you be so kind as to also talk to me during our session? I'd love to hear more of your... rich... voca...bulary. *moans*
Oh, buttwait. I foresee a small inconvenience! I do pay attention to what is being said and, more importantly, why is it being said.

Papayas gasps, his eyes begin to glitter and while his buttcheeks are still clenched he swiftly asks himself the quesion: "Could I have been exposed?" "Could this person see beyond my perfectly-hidden-in-rich-and-funny-words-QQ-thread?" "Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!" "I've gotz 5 upvotes." "I am DA MAN."

So, I ask, what is your next project?
A sarcastic yet very funny post about Kog'Maw being overpowered?
An insight about the needs of men and how they act to get them fulfilled?
Perhaps a disturbing yet romantic made-up story that you've experienced in France?
I can't wait.

L.E. Wow, I can't believe I actually stooped to your level and wasted my time arguing with a...
*Italian middle finger gesture*

oktabi

09-30-2010

Fun read. And LOL @Swiftycents for thinking he was arguing with someone.

Papayas

09-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftycents View Post
So, I ask, what is your next project?
I was contemplating writing a thinly veiled satirical thread to evoke a reaction out of people, but I don't think it'd work.

Tonixion

09-30-2010

This thread is too witty.