Should Shadow Isles and Twisted Treeline both be retained?

Yes. Fix the minor problems on Twisted Treeline and keep both maps. 197 81.40%
No. Replace Twisted Treeline completely, I don't like it anyways. 32 13.22%
Wait a minute, I thought the only map in the game was called Summoners Rift. 13 5.37%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Riot, please do not replace Twisted Treeline with Shadow Isles...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axbru

10-21-2012

I would like them to keep twisted treeline because it reminds me of when i first started playing league.
I remember all the fun times i had on that map, plz riot do not get rid of this map.

fiddlesticksssss

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SŚm View Post
it'll split up the player base too much or some other bs like that.)

This is the S***, that I like!
i heard you helped create it. I watched your stream and you said getting items quick as **** is fun. Go play dominion then. You will have rabadons built in 5 minutes. No one likes how EXTREMELY quick you build items on this new map. Why the **** did you think the altars was a good idea on paper too? Or removing top jungle and strategy from the game. You really just though what you think is fun, because "oh jeeze i am platinum because i beat the other 15 teams that play ranked TT". Honestly you are a great player, but holy **** you are not that good of a designer. Obviously you had nothing to do with visuals, you probably only had a part in helping with the idea. The idea of altars and destroying the majority of the old TT fan base is a ****ty idea. 30 million + players and you think another dominion map will split the community to much? Stick to video games dude. No offense of course, you are a great player.

DeadHorse

10-22-2012

Bump. I totally agree. I just started playing TT after getting tired of SR's ranked. I played the new TT and I like the map, but it's totally a different experience and I would like to play it more on my account, but I definitely like the way the current TT runs. There are a couple things that could use a fix, but I like the old TT overall and would prefer if we could still play it.

Krshna

10-22-2012

After playing after playing the new one, and then playing it on Live, the old one LOOKS graphically awful. Also it's not a totally new map at all. It's in fact basically the same map. Two horizontal lanes. And like was said earlier in the thread, they already say they can't add a solo ranked queue to 3v3 cause it would split the queues too much.

How in god's name would they be able to support another queue for a whole other map that has just become obsolete when a better remade version of that same map just got released. Bad idea.

Krshna

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticksssss View Post
i heard you helped create it. I watched your stream and you said getting items quick as **** is fun. Go play dominion then. You will have rabadons built in 5 minutes. No one likes how EXTREMELY quick you build items on this new map. Why the **** did you think the altars was a good idea on paper too? Or removing top jungle and strategy from the game. You really just though what you think is fun, because "oh jeeze i am platinum because i beat the other 15 teams that play ranked TT". Honestly you are a great player, but holy **** you are not that good of a designer. Obviously you had nothing to do with visuals, you probably only had a part in helping with the idea. The idea of altars and destroying the majority of the old TT fan base is a ****ty idea. 30 million + players and you think another dominion map will split the community to much? Stick to video games dude. No offense of course, you are a great player.

lol another dominion map. The rhetoric coming out of the borderline radical old TT camp (which almost no one played, liked, or even thought of, or remembered at all until the remake announcement) is getting to be ridiculous.

the old TT had massive problems, terrible balance issues, bad map design, (ie the top jungle being stupidly far from bot lane).

does the remake have problems? yes. is it finished? no. wait and see what happens. even what's already there is much improved from the original. by the time it goes live it will be even better. all you are is resistant to change. they could have put the best map ever made as the remake, and there would still be people in this sub forum saying keep the old TT

FreeHugs4all

10-22-2012

They should keep both maps for now and monitor the popularity for a few months. If the data shows there little interest in a map. for example long wait times due to not enough players for match making, remove this map X. Too many assumptions are being made right now, the players need time with the new map and some are scared to lose a map they love.

killamandude

10-22-2012

they won't do it because it will diversify the player base to much... that's what they will say.

SomeCrazyHobo

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krshna View Post
After playing after playing the new one, and then playing it on Live, the old one LOOKS graphically awful. Also it's not a totally new map at all. It's in fact basically the same map. Two horizontal lanes. And like was said earlier in the thread, they already say they can't add a solo ranked queue to 3v3 cause it would split the queues too much.

How in god's name would they be able to support another queue for a whole other map that has just become obsolete when a better remade version of that same map just got released. Bad idea.
They should do like Starcraft 2 where new maps are added to ranked play every season or so, while the old ones are removed. However, the old maps are still kept to be played in unranked modes. Basically, They should keep the new map for ranked, but keep the old 3v3 for custom games/normals, doing the same thing they did with proving grounds. After all, they are different maps.

√Čidolon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

In all honesty, I think Shadow Isles will be better than TT. I men.. I don't have the PBE client so I can't test the Shadow Isles map... but if people are talking about it and enjoying it then what's the point of having a similar map as well. I think Shadow Isles should replace Twisted Treeline. Maybe even renaming it from Twisted Treeline. If they haven't already.

√Čidolon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeHugs4all View Post
They should keep both maps for now and monitor the popularity for a few months. If the data shows there little interest in a map. for example long wait times due to not enough players for match making, remove this map X. Too many assumptions are being made right now, the players need time with the new map and some are scared to lose a map they love.