Riot Hates Stealth Champions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Liquidone

09-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazow View Post
oh hey 5 weeks is definitely an appropriate sampling size, derp
I'm going to teach you how to read a chart so you can refrain from making an idiot of yourself in the future, pay close attention. See on the right hand side, where it has the the weeks (1-12)? That's just for Season 1 up to the point where this chart was made. If you look to the left of this you will see "Times Free." This is how many times that champion has been F2P since Riot started doing F2P champs.

If you didn't get all that, read it again. I honestly haven't the faintest idea how you reached the number 5, but I'm not going to strain myself trying to find out.

Luapman

09-30-2010

i just think it is funny how they classify janna as a mage and morgana as support.... lol

Fairyland

09-30-2010

You do realize how completely unfair champs such as Eve and Twitch are to beginners right? By the time you hit 30 and are fairly decent, you would have purchased one of these champs if you wanted to play it so badly.

Liquidone

09-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairyland View Post
You do realize how completely unfair champs such as Eve and Twitch are to beginners right? By the time you hit 30 and are fairly decent, you would have purchased one of these champs if you wanted to play it so badly.
Yes, I agree. But that doesn't justify completely ignoring them as opposed to equally challenging champs. I remember when I started playing, I thought Ryze was pretty BS. But I quickly learned to stay away from him until I saw him use his snare. Look at like this, by releasing stealth champs on a more regular basis a lot of the new players would quickly get into the habit of buying an Oracles Elixer, or atleast the semi-intelligent ones will.

Dragonxa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2010

the reason is free champs are used in low levels who doesnt know how to counter stealth so it will kinda make the low levels mad :P

Liquidone

09-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonxa View Post
the reason is free champs are used in low levels who doesnt know how to counter stealth so it will kinda make the low levels mad :P
Like I said in my post above yours, it will force new players into getting into the habit of buying Oracles Elixer. I remember my first time encountering a Twitch back when I was like lvl 5, I raged hardcore. But then one of my teammates (I'm assuming he was smurfing) told me to shut up and buy an Oracles Elixer. I did so and was like "OMG I CAN SEE HIM!" He still raped me (because I still sucked) but at least it wasn't "Surprise Giant Rat Buttsex" rape.

Would you rather have players getting into the habit of buying Oracles against stealthers at lvl 5ish as opposed to lvl 20-25?

Fairyland

09-30-2010

New players won't get oracles or wards, it's just going to make people rage and lose interest if they're being rolled by twitch and eve all the time, and thats the last thing we're looking for. when you're new, you don't care about **** like wards, hp pots, oracles, elixirs and whatnot. You just wanna shoot something and have fun.

Liquidone

09-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairyland View Post
New players won't get oracles or wards, it's just going to make people rage and lose interest if they're being rolled by twitch and eve all the time, and thats the last thing we're looking for. when you're new, you don't care about **** like wards, hp pots, oracles, elixirs and whatnot. You just wanna shoot something and have fun.
So, rather than instilling intelligent decisions in new players at these low levels, you would rather cater to them. So when they reach level 30 they evolve into these Rage Quiters we all hate who abandon a game and their teammates at the slightest hint that they might do poorly. All because "they couldn't have fun."

DrPoonjisum

09-30-2010

i don't think they hate them, but noobs can stomp other noobs with them, so it is smart to let people learn the game with other f2p heroes before making them deal with stealth shenanigans

Liz Vicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2010

Ashe is not f2p enough. Need more free ashe weeks.