Riot Hates Stealth Champions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Liquidone

09-30-2010

They really do... Shaco, Evelynn, and Twitch have never been F2P more than 5 times each. There have only been 12 instances in the entire history of LoL where either Shaco, Evelynn, or Twitch has been F2P. Where-as some equally challenging champs (Blitzcrank and Janna to name a few) have been F2P up to 10 times or more. Riot; stealth champs need some love, in more ways than one...

Even though these champs have a "steep learning curve" you would think there would be more than 12 instances in the entire game where one of these champs saw any action. Granted it will also allow smurfers to pubstomp with these champions a lot easier, but on the bright side it forces new players into the habit buying Oracles to counter them. I for one would rather have a new player learning about Oracles around lvl 5ish as opposed to 15+. I've seen lvl 30's who rage about stealth champs, and lo-and-behold they're never once bought an Oracles Elixer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for a stealther to be free every week, but would it kill anyone to maybe have Twitch, Evelynn, or Shaco free once in a blue moon?

If you look at the chart you will see that Shaco, Evelynn, and Twitch all have yet to see the light of day in Season 1.

Leib Olmai

09-30-2010

I like how you don't know how it works, it's almost cute to see your ignorance.
Made me laugh, thanks.

Bozosaurus

09-30-2010

Anivia... lol

Liquidone

09-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCalinours View Post
Made me laugh, thanks.
I'm well aware of how they release champs based on ease of play. But, did you ever notice how not every champ that is F2P is labaled as "Easy?" There is usually a more challenging champ or two such as Blitzcrank thrown in to even things out. Nice try though, go back under your bridge.

Wraeith

09-30-2010

Stealth champions have a steep learning curve and the champion rotation (which in my opinion sucks anyway) is just for players who need to get a taste of the game.

In my opinion every 450 IP and a few 1350 IP champions should be always unlocked and just eliminating the champion rotation altogether, just my opinion though.

Bozosaurus

09-30-2010

My opinion is this: NEVER.... NEVER EVER... release kog maw or MF as free champs.

That is all.

Obskulum

09-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCalinours View Post
Made me laugh, thanks.
You ought to point out the ignorance so you don't sound like a condescending tool.

Draconic

09-30-2010

I knew there was a conspiracy!

PAULatello

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2010

i would find it annoying to have shaco in almost every game i play anyways
so idgaf lol

Gazow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2010

oh hey 5 weeks is definitely an appropriate sampling size, derp