Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Inside Design: Weaving the Spider Queen’s Web

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeCigre

Junior Member

10-21-2012

Disappointed to hear that Riot had to 'tone her back' and 'decreepify her'. I would appreciate intensity over being acceptable to 14 yr. olds scared of bugs anyday. Glad to see she actually looks like a spider. . .khazix seemed too humanoid to me. I hope her death animation from spider form is a big bug splat!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

marclops

Member

10-21-2012

that is some very kinky ****


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dalrix

Senior Member

10-21-2012

After playing Elise a few times her kit really doesn't feel like and actual spider. Since the only way for her to be effective is to build tank its counter-intuitive. She doesn't have the damage or escapes to be like an actual spider because spiders either trap and poison their foe while there are other spiders who jump on their prey and kill it in one blow. Spiders are not meant to take the brunt of attacks. They are assassins.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheWheatOne

Senior Member

10-21-2012

Quote:
Zeratoth:
I think we could deal with another urgot. provided they made him/her cool in some other way as well as being ugly.


I'd like to point out plenty of those have sexy women too (And some have nothing of the sort, but I digress). In fact, Batman in particular is loaded. and it ADDS to the work. You don't see people complaining that Tahlia, Poison Ivy, and Catwoman are 'boring' because they're all sexy women.


MERE. thats the problem. the idea that somehow sexual attraction is any lesser than any other component. or that it detracts in some way. I can imagine an emotional scene with sexy women. And their sexiness neither added to the scene or detracted from it. I'd still prefer the characters to be sexy, of course. and then there's the implication that if a woman is sexy, thats ALL she's there for. Being sexy takes away all other attributes?uh no.


I just dont see how being attractive makes something less unique. the attractiveness is a QUANTITATIVE thing. the more the better. uniqueness comes from QUALITATIVE factors.


Again, sexiness is basically a numbered stat, the higher the better. uniqueness is qualitative.


Again,sexiness does not and cannot detract from uniqueness. its completely unrelated.

you're defending what riot does, which is good, but you're doing it for the wrong reasons. the fact is that a champion's uniqueness is not effected by whether they look good or not, so its simply common sense to make them look as good as possible.


Did you even read my post fully? I said nothing of sexiness being the main problem, but ideals. I already said its good to have it in manageable amounts, which Batman does. It does not overpower the story. If you're stating that sexiness should always be there no matter what, so that it will always make them "better", then that is where we differ. Its boring to have so freakin' many of the same thing. Over and over and over and over again.

It doesn't have to be about an ideal, or sexiness, or any other category, its the NUMBERS of any one of those goals overtaking everything else in the neighborhood. Every single female adult humanoid in this game fits the ideal. ALL OF THEM. I can't take them seriously as a group therefore, despite liking a numerous amount of its individuals when taken alone.

I'm not saying a sexy woman can't have an emotional scene, its when literally every female character is like that ideal human female form, among dozens. That is when I can't take the scene seriously, when its obvious where the real priorities lie. I don't mind ideals, in fact, they can still have a ton of them, as long as they are managed right and don't over-take any reasonable grouping. At least, that is my personal values.

And that's another thing. You simply value sexiness, not necessarily ideals, just sexiness. To say I'm wrong because I don't like that in champs, is baffling, because that is an opinion of mine, not a fact. We say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, yet you say that sexiness can never detract from their unique image.... How does this hold up if I personally don't like it? How do I not like it then? And what is wrong with me for not liking it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeratoth

Member

10-21-2012

Quote:
Louvier:
hey congratulations! you're sexist!

I'm not sexist. Other than that, try proper grammar and punctuation if you wanna argue a point.
Quote:
Warm One:
Did you even read my post fully? I said nothing of sexiness being the main problem, but ideals. I already said its good to have it in manageable amounts, which Batman does. It does not overpower the story. If you're stating that sexiness should always be there no matter what, so that it will always make them "better", then that is where we differ. Its boring to have so freakin' many of the same thing. Over and over and over and over again.

Its not boring to me, I dont see how it could ever be boring.

Quote:
Warm One:
It doesn't have to be about an ideal, or sexiness, or any other category, its the NUMBERS of anyone one of those goals overtaking everything else in the neighborhood. Ever single female adult humanoid in this game fits the ideal. ALL OF THEM. I can't take them seriously as a group therefore, despite liking a numerous amount of its individuals when taken alone.

each champion is each champion. choosing to look at it otherwise is your own problem.

Quote:
Warm One:
I'm not saying a sexy woman can't have an emotional scene, its when literally every female character is like that ideal human female form, among dozens. That is when I can't take the scene seriously, when its obvious where the real priorities lie. I don't mind ideals, in fact, they can still have a ton of them, as long as they are managed right and don't over-take any reasonable grouping. At least, that is my personal values.

the real priorities? HAPPENING to have every character be sexy does not mean the designers sat down and wrote SEXY in bold letters and then went from there. its just a thing that happens.
What does 'ideals' mean anyway?

Quote:
Warm One:
And that's another thing. You simply value sexiness, not necessarily ideals, just sexiness. To say I'm wrong because I don't like that in champs, is baffling, because that is an opinion of mine, not a fact. We say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, yet you say that sexiness can never detract from their unique image.... How does this hold up if I personally don't like it? How do I not like it then? And what is wrong with me for not liking it?

Again, what does 'ideals' mean?
And because what you personally like means precisely jack, and what humans are hardwired to like means a lot. Because Riot shouldn't sacrifice good looks to satisfy a few whiners. Show me a female character who LOOKS better by being unsexy. (LOOKS are the ultimate point of character design after all)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xAlizarin

Junior Member

10-21-2012

omg, I cant wait to play her, she looks like so much fun


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Federok

Senior Member

10-21-2012

i dont know if this was just for lols or if it is true data...but..

http://majorleagueoflegends.s3.amazonaws.com/lol_infographic.png


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tizjiz

Senior Member

10-21-2012

Most people don't instantly see " OMG ITZ A FEMALE CHAMP AND SHE IS OVERSEXUALIZED ". I think Its a very small demographic that thinks this while most are more interested in how she plays and the fact that she can change into a giant spider.

I am confused on the fact that characters that are purposely sexual (Ahri, MF.. ) didn't receive some of these claims of being overly sexualized, maybe I just missed them. Anyway, I think you people need to chill... maybe her alt skin has her covered up? I'm playing her when she is released, I think she looks great in both forms.

ps- Love Spiders!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VitalFluffy

Junior Member

10-21-2012

Release her with the next champion rotation as a free champion so everyone can play!! jeez riot needs to do that on all release champs


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheWheatOne

Senior Member

10-21-2012

Quote:
Zeratoth:
I'm not sexist. Other than that, try proper grammar and punctuation if you wanna argue a point.

Its not boring to me, I dont see how it could ever be boring.


each champion is each champion. choosing to look at it otherwise is your own problem.


the real priorities? HAPPENING to have every character be sexy does not mean the designers sat down and wrote SEXY in bold letters and then went from there. its just a thing that happens.
What does 'ideals' mean anyway?


Again, what does 'ideals' mean?
And because what you personally like means precisely jack, and what humans are hardwired to like means a lot. Because Riot shouldn't sacrifice good looks to satisfy a few whiners. Show me a female character who LOOKS better by being unsexy. (LOOKS are the ultimate point of character design after all)


Sigh.... its like I'm talking to a wall. My posts speak for themselves, with as much detail and reasoning as I could muster, as do yours, sort of.... I don't want to argue with you anymore, its not worth my time, so you can think what you want.