Inside Design: Weaving the Spider Queen’s Web

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Federok

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by keets23 View Post
Can u say DOTA 2 "Brood Mother".
yeah.....a big spider....never done before dota....

N49

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicHero View Post
She's one of the most visually interesting characters we've developed
Where exactly are her visuals interesting?

She's literally just a chick in a S&M getup, that changes into a plain over-sized spider that's present in basically EVERY fantasy themed game EVER.

How is that anything interesting?

Zombotany

10-20-2012

Riot: bad at math!

There are 11 "legs" in the human design, including the human legs which I'm guessing would magically disappear. So... 9 spider legs...

*deleted* imposed rude and crude joke involving the extra leg being a "boy part" *deleted*

So, let's count them out: 3 on the head (which is where your problem lies) 2 on the back, 4 on the waist.

ways you can fix this: add an additional "leg" on the head and make her have a collar similar in shape to Queen Elizabeth 1 and suggest the two bulky legs coming from the small of her back are part of the abdomen of the spider.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3xRFfuVbjU.../Queen+E+1.jpg

Example of head and spines: (0 = head) \|0|/

Another easy way to fix this is to simply REMOVE the vertical "leg" from behind her.

Essentially 4 or 2 is what you want, not 3... or you can be lazy ****'s and not do anything about it... your call, but given your lackluster of community feedback based on champion development, I personally think you aren't going to read this, aren't going to fix it, and are simply just going to push it out so you can get people to spend money on it to fuel your little economy and business. Prove me wrong by either addressing my post or addressing the issue.

hope it helps!

Cyrad

10-20-2012

You forgot the most important question.

The question that hides in plain sight.

Why isn't she a drider?

Valkymie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

as much as i love black and red color palettes
and think its rad they're coming out with more female monster champions (even though this one still has the sexy human version :\ )

the sexy predator trope is getting really old.
come up with characters that are actually new! interesting! variety!
not "oh yay we made another sexy champion, this time a dominatrix!, what will we come up with next?"

edit: i also think they should have kept her as creepy as possible
like wtf why tone it down, spider-women cant be -too- creepy?
might make her less sexy or something?

i would have liked to see her human form more unnerving to look at, such as the drider comment
or even just an unnatural anatomy (bony protrusions, thorax, exaggerated features. like check out starcraft's kerrigan.)
but she literally just looks like a woman in a costume (if it werent for the fact that the legs move) and then poof she's a spider?

Fuggly

10-20-2012

Wow, so many similarities to the spider in DotA2. Too bad they couldnt be original here =(

Calciphur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-20-2012

One new reason to be afraid of spiders.

incisive

10-20-2012

This game needs more interesting items, not more freaks. I will be retiring upon the release of this new champion. I want less spiders in my life, not more.

Thanatar16

10-20-2012

So smexy :3
I've never been afraid of spiders, this char will be just perfect for me

darrkeness

10-20-2012

muy weno