Inside Design: Weaving the Spider Queen’s Web

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PedestrianA

10-19-2012

Seriously, anyone consider how contradicting it is for one who always want to hide her true intention of eating her disciples to step under the public sight on the summoner's rift with her true form.

Any explanation? Riot.

xXS27Xx

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJStix View Post
Do you have a high res version of that image? I want a new wallpaper =)
seconding this request... awsome work once again riot! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha0sniper View Post
We need black arachnia elise, and silverbolt warwick :3
Would so buy a skin of this type ^^, kinda wishing for a "redeemed" theme version tho... kinda like Ahri coming to the league to find an alternative energy source to go on without killing people I guess. And yes I am aware this wish has pretty much no chance of coming true

xXS27Xx

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedestrianA View Post
Seriously, anyone consider how contradicting it is for one who always want to hide her true intention of eating her disciples to step under the public sight on the summoner's rift with her true form.

Any explanation? Riot.
She isn't the one doing the eating, the bug she lures them to does that. Maybe she isn't hiding her powers? I mean the story she tells her followers is that she worships some ancient spider god... so can't she just say that god gave her some abilities?
Might work as good advertisement for her cult to lure in some overly ambitious/powerhungry people that hope for similar "blessings".... xD
I am however kinda curious as to how she became what she is in the first place, especially after reading the stuff on the shadow isles page (her arriving at the shadow isles and all that)... doubt I'll get those answers tho since I bet not many others care about the story as much D:
Just my thoughts on the subject, but thought I'd throw it out there while waiting for an official response on the subject =)

LordGorgane

10-19-2012

cant wait >.<

Waldgeist

10-19-2012

If you still think that arachnophobia has any connection to or correlation with being scared of spiders, I'm confident the issue wasn't more than a "talking point" during the development.

You're excluding a minority suffering from a disability -- several orders of magnitude larger than the color blind population, which you have gone great lengths to accomodate -- from playing League. Simple as that.

BlightBorn

10-19-2012

I cant help thinking of Blackerachnia from beast machines

Inipro Montoya

10-19-2012

I sorta wanna see the 'launch skin', the creepier version. Any videos on it as of yet?

Kingryu1031

10-19-2012

i wonder has anyone from riot has read R.A. Salvatore books. The Spider Queen is one of his main gods in his series.

XxThetisxX

10-19-2012

I really like her concept, how she looks really captures the theme of "Queen" (Sexy, Femine Side) and "Spider" (Vicious, 8-legged spider!). I have a question about her.. Is she the "Twisted Witch" who killed Vaynes family?

ThePwnicorn

10-19-2012

So no love for the concept artist whose work you display as the main image of this post? Looks like he did a good job. Why not include Paul Kwon in the team that worked on this?