Riot give me a break

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

braseeker

10-19-2012

new champ is getting and more op, old champ is getting weaker and weaker, and when old champion is weak like a minion, riot remake the champion.
i play top for a long time, and i still remember those days when gp and wukong still fight as good as the other top champions.

Crustededge

10-19-2012

Is the game still F2P? oh...right...why buy new chars with money due to the long while 6300IP takes to grind? OH because it gives you a leg up...got it. Get it? They need to make money somehow dude.

No Ticket

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

Yeah champs like TF Irelia Ezreal so UP

Syndra too strong.

Less QQ more pew pew

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-19-2012

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_champions

Sort by release date. Sort it so the oldest are on top. Scroll down and start making mental notes of champions that get heavy play in the tournaments and high Elo play.

Morgana
Alistar
Jax
Nunu
Soraka
Ryze
Tristana
Twisted Fate
Karthus
Anivia
Taric
Malphite
Blitzcrank
Dr Mundo
Katarina
Corki

All the champions I've listed so far are included in one of the two champion's bundles. They were also all released in the first 8 months of the game. The most recently released of that list, Corki and Katarina, were released September 19th, 2009.

Continuing on:

Udyr
Gragas
Ezreal
Shen
Kog'maw
Vladimir
Sona
Maokai
Nocturne
Lee Sin
Rumble
Yorick
Shyvana

These were all released in 2011.

Of the champions that have been released during the 2012 calendar year that are seeing much action at all on a regular basis in tournaments and high Elo play:

Nautilus
Darius
Draven
Jayce

And I think there's ONE guy that plays Rengar a lot.

But honestly, some of the absolute most powerful champions are also some of the oldest champions, like Jax, Nunu, Blitzcrank, Morgana, Karthus, etc.

Fiveofswords

10-19-2012

nonsense...wu is still a strong champ. And the strongest champs in the game are the old ones. I played shen back when he wasnt popular...now hes always banned..in fact jayce is the only new champ that is ever banned

Sënuch

10-20-2012

Champions are only as good as the people who play them.

braseeker

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuch View Post
Champions are only as good as the people who play them.
Not true, there's a saying called counter pick, and ez is riot' son, no matter which champion is op, ez get strengthened and Irelia get weakened

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by braseeker View Post
Not true, there's a saying called counter pick
It's still true.

For example, supposedly Lee Sin is a particularly strong counter to Wukong. If we're in a draft match and I'm playing solotop, and I see you've already picked Wukong, then I'm left with a choice.

I could pick Lee Sin, a champion I'm relatively unfamiliar with, and attempt to lane against you, playing Wukong, your favorite champion which I'm sure you excel with. And while I'd be better off than if I were to pick a champion that Wukong counters such as Jayce or Vladimir (which I'm also relatively unfamiliar with).

However, ultimately, my best chances against you are going to be by picking a champion that I am good and excel with and is neither a counter to or countered by Wukong. For example, Jax.

If I'm better with Jax than you are with Wukong, chances are good that I'll win the lane against you.

If I'm better with Lee Sin, a Wukong counter, than you are with Wukong, then I'll crush the lane.

If you're better with Wukong than I am with Lee Sin, it could go either way, and chances are pretty good that you'll win the lane, despite Lee Sin being a Wukong counter.

If I picked Jayce and then you counter-picked Wukong, a Jayce counter, I could still beat you if I'm significantly better Jayce player than you are at Wukong.

Now, if Wukong is your main and Lee Sin is my main, chances are if we laned against each other, I'd win nearly every time because Lee Sin is indeed a Wukong counter. But whether or not one champion is a counter is only a small piece of the puzzle. If you're losing to all of Wukong's counters 100% of the time one of his counters is picked against you, then you're also probably losing against match-ups that aren't counters, and probably also losing against champions that you actually are a counter to.

braseeker

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
It's still true.

For example, supposedly Lee Sin is a particularly strong counter to Wukong. If we're in a draft match and I'm playing solotop, and I see you've already picked Wukong, then I'm left with a choice.

I could pick Lee Sin, a champion I'm relatively unfamiliar with, and attempt to lane against you, playing Wukong, your favorite champion which I'm sure you excel with. And while I'd be better off than if I were to pick a champion that Wukong counters such as Jayce or Vladimir (which I'm also relatively unfamiliar with).

However, ultimately, my best chances against you are going to be by picking a champion that I am good and excel with and is neither a counter to or countered by Wukong. For example, Jax.

If I'm better with Jax than you are with Wukong, chances are good that I'll win the lane against you.

If I'm better with Lee Sin, a Wukong counter, than you are with Wukong, then I'll crush the lane.

If you're better with Wukong than I am with Lee Sin, it could go either way, and chances are pretty good that you'll win the lane, despite Lee Sin being a Wukong counter.

If I picked Jayce and then you counter-picked Wukong, a Jayce counter, I could still beat you if I'm significantly better Jayce player than you are at Wukong.

Now, if Wukong is your main and Lee Sin is my main, chances are if we laned against each other, I'd win nearly every time because Lee Sin is indeed a Wukong counter. But whether or not one champion is a counter is only a small piece of the puzzle. If you're losing to all of Wukong's counters 100% of the time one of his counters is picked against you, then you're also probably losing against match-ups that aren't counters, and probably also losing against champions that you actually are a counter to.
K, u win, I didn't expect u to write a story, and that is a heavily detailed example

FedEXpider

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by braseeker View Post
K, u win, I didn't expect u to write a story, and that is a heavily detailed example
He makes good points though.