So uhhh... what are the rewards for participating the Tribunal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CollegeIsHard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-20-2012

Assuming that Riot has some basic knowledge about what crowdsourcing is, they will be giving some sort of reward for tribunal efforts in the future.

SeCKS Egai

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImogenArk View Post
Riot has mentioned implementing rewards for RP purchases so we may be seeing Tribunal awards very soon. However, even if they don't show up, you take away from this the feeling that you're benefitting not only the community, but yourself, because you're punishing people who are making this game a negative experience for new and old players alike.

I do tribunal because for a mixture of selfishness and selflessness; I know punishing those who deserve it means that they cannot harm the community anymore, and they cannot also harm me in my games.
That's really the most motivating reason to have ever done Tribunal really since the IP reward was minor.

800eloPubtrash

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyariatheshaman View Post
Honestly, if you put a reward on something, it would just prove incentive for the "Punish for IP" sort of mentality, removing the reward is the best thing riot could have done.
I believe the punish rate has gone up since this change. Maybe the ones that care aren't all that reasonable? The pardon rate used to be high but instead of consistently lowering it they seem to be acting randomly, punishing for less than some things that have been pardoned.

ImogenArk

11-20-2012

Lines are becoming really blurred these days when it comes to punishing and pardoning. People who have "rough skin" may not report people because that the reportee is saying just doesn't offend them, though it may offend many others.

There's too many different types of judges out there, I think, for rewards to be implemented. If the worst case scenario, you would see people come to the tribunal and simple press punish over and over again because "majority rule" dictates if the person gets punished. If the rewards are based upon punishments and majority votes, we may see some corruption within the tribunal until that was fixed.

I do have faith that Lyte, Pendragon, RiotNinjaTabby, and anyone else involved can find a proper way to implement reward without risking the validity of the tribunal, but we'll all just have to wait and see.

Trimier

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyariatheshaman View Post
Honestly, if you put a reward on something, it would just prove incentive for the "Punish for IP" sort of mentality, removing the reward is the best thing riot could have done.

Now people whom are only genuinely interested in fixing our community will do this, and hopefully the real trolls and toxic members will be routed out, while less innocent people get caught in the crossfire.

Honestly, putting a reward on this sort of work, especially in-game, only makes greedy people look for the easiest way to make a quick reward.
And yet at times I have punished people in Tribunal, gone to my Tribunal stats and found that I was in the minority in that case and "No action was Taken" against them. The people spoke and I was out voted, meaning that I would not have received IP for that case if the IP system was still in place. So explain to me how "Punish for IP" would even be possible?

To your second point, you do realize that Blizzard employs GM's who handle stuff very similar to what we do in Tribunal. Dealing with trolls, and harassment and other negative elements that crop up in their game. The difference is they are paid real world money for their efforts. And why shouldn't they be? They do their job to make the game world a better place. Just like we do. Yet some how if we were to be fairly compensated in any way it will "just make people greedy."