So uhhh... what are the rewards for participating the Tribunal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhab

Recruiter

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimier View Post
Until they make another account.

I would prefer actual rewards seeing that those who are serious in their participation of Tribunal are essentially an unpaid subsection of customer service. Sifting through an hours worth of in game chat looking for racial slurs and insults deserves something more substantial than fuzzy feelings of making the community a better place.
Participating in the Tribunal is entirely voluntary. If you feel that it is not time well spent, don't do it. Other people feel differently.

Cryswar

11-19-2012

I believe Riot was considering non-IP rewards, for example summoner icons, mmmmAYBE skins, forum badges - that kind of thing. They've been pretty quiet on the subject lately so I suspect they're still parsing data from the removal of IP.

Trimier

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhab View Post
Participating in the Tribunal is entirely voluntary. If you feel that it is not time well spent, don't do it. Other people feel differently.

REEEAAALY!? Omg I had no idea? Thank you for informing me of that fact. I feel enriched by the epiphany brought on by that new found knowledge.

Trimier

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryswar View Post
I believe Riot was considering non-IP rewards, for example summoner icons, mmmmAYBE skins, forum badges - that kind of thing. They've been pretty quiet on the subject lately so I suspect they're still parsing data from the removal of IP.

forum badges and skins....sooo basically the equivalent of digital stickers and buttons? Worthless.

fuzzyjon

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimier View Post
Until they make another account.

I would prefer actual rewards seeing that those who are serious in their participation of Tribunal are essentially an unpaid subsection of customer service. Sifting through an hours worth of in game chat looking for racial slurs and insults deserves something more substantial than fuzzy feelings of making the community a better place.

Its not about actual harassment anymore bro. Its about people who call out trolls rather than true harassment that is actually punishable by law. ^ Try the trib.

Redjik

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhab View Post
All that needed to be said.

Trimier

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyjon View Post
Its not about actual harassment anymore bro. Its about people who call out trolls rather than true harassment that is actually punishable by law. ^ Try the trib.
It's about players bro. Who may or may not have spent actual money on skins/heroes/etc.
Actually working and spending their time to make the community a better place and getting nothing but a stupid stat wall for their troubles. I don't care how many toxic days I've prevented. Give me something I can actually use Riot.

0Mace0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Judgement Kayle.... Riot pls :)

PaladinOne

11-20-2012

I cruise the tribunal when I get bored and feel like trying to do something about the less savory members of the game's community. Even when there was an IP reward, I didn't care or even notice it. Having the Justice Review stats page now is actually a nice thing, because it means I can see what the rest of the community thought in comparison to what I thought.
As has been said, Tribunal is voluntary. You don't need to use it. You can choose to review cases, or you could choose not to review cases. There will always be someone who will choose to review the cases.
And, as has also been pointed out, it is somewhat selfish because every player that gets banned by the tribunal is a player that you yourself will not have the privilege of playing with. Even if they make a new account and buy XP boosts to rush themselves back up to 30, that will still take them time to do, so no matter how long they are banned for, you yourself will not have to contend with them for some amount of time.

Oh yeah, and it's something to do when you're waiting for your queue to pop or waiting for the game to load.

Last thing, I believe Judgement Kayle was a free skin given out to everyone who was around for (I believe, I'm not sure exactly) the end of Season 1 or the beginning of Season 2. (I got it, and I'm pretty sure it was right around then.)

Nularia

11-20-2012

Honestly, if you put a reward on something, it would just prove incentive for the "Punish for IP" sort of mentality, removing the reward is the best thing riot could have done.

Now people whom are only genuinely interested in fixing our community will do this, and hopefully the real trolls and toxic members will be routed out, while less innocent people get caught in the crossfire.

Honestly, putting a reward on this sort of work, especially in-game, only makes greedy people look for the easiest way to make a quick reward.