@Riot nome: New TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twilight Monkey

10-20-2012

bump

fiddlesticksssss

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxf3 kH View Post
this, this is all. This new maps clearly shows that they did not take the current players into consideration before making such drastic changes. I agree with everything else. Just thought this was Riot's major fault. TT is NOT some side pet for SR players. We are our own group and with these changes, we will all be gone. SR players will try this for a week then just go back and WE, TT players are going to be stuck with this. They need to either keep both or honestly go back to the drawing board...
Its not even having to go back. The changes that NEEDS to happen that would make the vast majority happy, while the trolls Q_Q, is that, A: Need a top jungle and B: Remove the altars. After that its EXACTLY like old TT, other than balancing the power house mundos and tryndamere etc.

Para

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAMorgan View Post
The only positive feedback is coming from 3 people here from what I have seen.

And of those 3 all 3 don't have extensive experience with competitive 3s.

Para likes Dominion and that may very well explain his liking to this new game mode. Because of the complete similarities between the two.
Just because I like Dominion does not mean I am guaranteed to like the new Twisted Treeline.

Explain your line of logic behind that. Do altars win you games? No but they help facilitate your goal of pushing towers and blowing up the nexus.

Nicksiren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Read and post my thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2701225

I talk about how the new changes take away from the focus of what made old TT fun.

fiddlesticksssss

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para View Post
Just because I like Dominion does not mean I am guaranteed to like the new Twisted Treeline.

Explain your line of logic behind that. Do altars win you games? No but they help facilitate your goal of pushing towers and blowing up the nexus.
Altars are the equal of getting dragon. You get the 10% damage, and extra gold gain. However the only way to come back is to have both altars that gives you an advantage. Altars will force you into a fight, even if the score is 99 to 1. Unless you surrender you have to go for the altars. They are much more of a priority than laning or even taking towers, because of that advantage they give. Aside from that you are guaranteed a fight, and kills which increased the snowballing effect even more. Altars are worse than having neutral buff creeps any day. So in dominion you will capture points to win? In this you capture 2 altars and are almost guaranteed a win "unless you just have a really bad team"

Para

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticksssss View Post
Altars are the equal of getting dragon. You get the 10% damage, and extra gold gain. However the only way to come back is to have both altars that gives you an advantage. Altars will force you into a fight, even if the score is 99 to 1. Unless you surrender you have to go for the altars. They are much more of a priority than laning or even taking towers, because of that advantage they give. Aside from that you are guaranteed a fight, and kills which increased the snowballing effect even more. Altars are worse than having neutral buff creeps any day. So in dominion you will capture points to win? In this you capture 2 altars and are almost guaranteed a win "unless you just have a really bad team"
We've discussed this before. 10% bonus attack damage and bonus ability power is not a lot, especially early game. Everyone is blowing it up out of proportion.

So for example: for some random luck, I was about to cap the enemy altar 5-10 minutes in to the game in addition to holding my own. My AP carry has 50 ability power while my attack damage carry has 100 attack damage. The max bonus they would get out of it at this point would be 10 attack damage and 5 ability power. Really that's not a lot.

If it was late game and you win a decisive team fight and capped the altars then yes it would help you snowball eg. attack damage bonus is now +20 and ability power bonus +30. The gold bonus applies only when you kill minions so if the enemy was not killing minions at any time, that means they weren't getting full benefit of the bonus.

Also if you win a team fight, why shouldn't you be rewarded with some snowball to win the game?

How many times have we seen that teams battle back even after losing baron to still win the game? You're over exaggerating the effects of altars.

fiddlesticksssss

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para View Post
Also if you win a team fight, why shouldn't you be rewarded with some snowball to win the game?

How many times have we seen that teams battle back even after losing baron to still win the game? You're over exaggerating the effects of altars.
You are in the wrong thread. You will end up getting more hate than i get in your thread. You should never be rewarded anything to snowball after winning. Riot has actually stated this MILLIONS of times. Especially in beta when TF with 1 kill = penta kills GG. I honestly see teams turtle till baron wears off and then tries to fight. However its not every day in a normal game i see it. Yes i see it by M5 and stuff, but those are crazy ass players with communication. Not some ****ing randoms game. Also you are saying dragon isn't important at all either. Right off the bat you get dragon buff and 20 gold ( i keep getting 10 gold for capping a altar). Then over the course of 10 minutes as long as you hold the altar and farm, you are rewarded at the least 1,200 global gold. Depending on skill level it can easily reach 2-2500 global gold. That is free gold for killing minions, and puts you way farther ahead enemy team. You shouldn't respond to me outside of your thread, since its definitely different, than what we are arguing about in your thread.

Phallicies

10-20-2012

I completely agree with this, This was just overkill. the graphics and map redesign look amazing, but that and a couple small changed that he mentioned were all that was needed. this whole thing was overkill

GREchronicEN

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HideyoshiX View Post
I don't have any particular opinion about keeping both maps, but having two 3s in queue will split up the player base way too much, which is the reason why we didn't have draft pick normal 3s.

However, I feel on this point it's not -just- the obelisk damage that is a problem with the current Twisted Treeline. I personally feel it's more on the turret position. Having it so close to the spawning platform, even if the obelisk didn't hit minions at all, means champions can just back out of the fight, heal, and come right back.

Even in Summoner's Rift you have to at least walk a few steps to defend your nexus. You don't have to in Twisted Treeline.

My proposed change was to swap the nexus turret to the other side, which would make it defensible but also make it able to be taken down without a full on ace.
if you want me to believe it will split the player base too much then riot should release some stats, because i saw a graphic before season two finals saying they have over 11 million dedicated players, if i recall correctly. never have i ever had a long wait in queue for a tt match. just saying

EDIT - also why not make all normal games have draft pick, four bans leaves three free weekly picks for the noobs, makes for mirrored teams at low so most likely no one would play tt till they had a good library of champs but most dedicated players are lvl 30 already.

Luego

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HideyoshiX View Post
Even leaving inhibitors up, what do you choose to do? Secure dragon and the jungle over and over? They'll still turtle, minions will still eventually push.

I suppose a lot of my problems also stem from my team not listening. Literally we were just getting the last tower down so we could have absolute map control, and a simple "don't fight them, I'm life stealing" was ruined and they threw the game.

It wasn't them getting caught..It was one of them initiating on the enemy team for absolutely zero reason 2v3 when I was low health and life stealing for a final push.

There was also one where one of my teammates got caught in the jungle and fed Tryndamere first blood in addition to the buffs in the jungle before the match even started.

Going against a Tryndamere with full fury and level 2 when you're level 1 is frightening as hell, specifically with a Nunu jungler pressuring you as well. This was our game for platinum, too.

There are a lot of conflicting personalities in my team that we started to work on and then fell apart when we went back to other maps for a while.
Why would it push? If you leave inhibs up, your minions and their minions are just as powerful as each other. Just last-hit your minions. The waves will end up back in lane, and the other team will have to come out if they want to farm.