@Riot nome: New TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PurpleURP

10-18-2012

While everyone can agree that there are some problems with twisted treeline as it stands, this new map is basically taking everything fun about TT and throwing it away. You just made a 3s map that consists of constant ganks and zero laning phase. While I understand that you want to make the map more accessible, what about the people who currently only play TT? I signed the petition to keep the old TT around after the new map comes out, but I just want to clarify some simple changes that would make TT a better place without making it a whole different map:

1. same jungle small camps spawn every time, only golums both top and mid, no wraiths or wolves
2. grey buff speed nerf from 30% to 20%
3. fountain range nerf to from bottom of the steps to inside the heal circle
4. dragon gold nerf from 280 to 190
5. decrease gold and exp from top buff camps from 125 to 75

That is literally all that needed to be change. Creating a new map and getting rid of the current TT is throwing the baby out with the bath water. I play twisted treeline because I prefer this map to summoners rift. How many people would be upset if you made this kind of major overhaul to SR that map? By getting rid of TT you would be alienating a whole dedicated group of TT players, myself included. I'm not opposed to having a new map, just don't have it replace the current TT!

TL;DR Make above changes to TT, keep both maps

SfXLAB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

imo, the new TT looks like a re-designed dominion for 3's with the altars and the speed buff in the middle.

btw, i went from lvl 1 to 30 in TT i dont know how to play 5's

HideyoshiX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleURP View Post
3. fountain range nerf to from bottom of the steps to inside the top step
I don't have any particular opinion about keeping both maps, but having two 3s in queue will split up the player base way too much, which is the reason why we didn't have draft pick normal 3s.

However, I feel on this point it's not -just- the obelisk damage that is a problem with the current Twisted Treeline. I personally feel it's more on the turret position. Having it so close to the spawning platform, even if the obelisk didn't hit minions at all, means champions can just back out of the fight, heal, and come right back.

Even in Summoner's Rift you have to at least walk a few steps to defend your nexus. You don't have to in Twisted Treeline.

My proposed change was to swap the nexus turret to the other side, which would make it defensible but also make it able to be taken down without a full on ace.

PurpleURP

10-18-2012

the thing is, in high level play no one gets the inhibitors until both all four outer turrets are down, and they are ready to push for the win. Turtling is not a problem in high level play, neither is fountain range because fountain targets the minions they are trying to drag in before champs anyway, allowing for dives to happen.
this change is purely for solo queue normals where people don't think twice about killing the inhibitors.

HideyoshiX

10-18-2012

Quote:
the thing is, in high level play no one gets the inhibitors until both all four outer turrets are down, and they are ready to push for the win. Turtling is not a problem in high level play, neither is fountain range because fountain targets the minions they are trying to drag in before champs anyway, allowing for dives to happen.
this change is purely for solo queue normals where people don't think twice about killing the inhibitors.
Even leaving inhibitors up, what do you choose to do? Secure dragon and the jungle over and over? They'll still turtle, minions will still eventually push.

I suppose a lot of my problems also stem from my team not listening. Literally we were just getting the last tower down so we could have absolute map control, and a simple "don't fight them, I'm life stealing" was ruined and they threw the game.

It wasn't them getting caught..It was one of them initiating on the enemy team for absolutely zero reason 2v3 when I was low health and life stealing for a final push.

There was also one where one of my teammates got caught in the jungle and fed Tryndamere first blood in addition to the buffs in the jungle before the match even started.

Going against a Tryndamere with full fury and level 2 when you're level 1 is frightening as hell, specifically with a Nunu jungler pressuring you as well. This was our game for platinum, too.

There are a lot of conflicting personalities in my team that we started to work on and then fell apart when we went back to other maps for a while.

DominateIsHigh

10-18-2012

Riot needs to keep the old TT

keine Hoffnung

10-18-2012

Quote:
what about the people who currently only play TT?
this, this is all. This new maps clearly shows that they did not take the current players into consideration before making such drastic changes. I agree with everything else. Just thought this was Riot's major fault. TT is NOT some side pet for SR players. We are our own group and with these changes, we will all be gone. SR players will try this for a week then just go back and WE, TT players are going to be stuck with this. They need to either keep both or honestly go back to the drawing board...

Para

10-18-2012

I love the new Twisted Treeline. I can honestly see myself playing this in the near future, rotating from Dominion SR to TT from time to time. Right now I play Dominion and SR only.

The new team objectives are awesome. It really enforces the need to work together as a team to capture these objectives along with map awareness.

CaptainAMorgan

10-18-2012

The only positive feedback is coming from 3 people here from what I have seen.

And of those 3 all 3 don't have extensive experience with competitive 3s.

Para likes Dominion and that may very well explain his liking to this new game mode. Because of the complete similarities between the two.

PurpleURP

10-19-2012

bump