Summoner Icon Rewards

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-18-2012
5 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
So, to get this straight: I purchased RP a while ago, I don't remember when, and saved some of it in anticipation of Harrowing-and I WILL get an icon for buying Zombie Brand with the saved RP, yes?
Yes, and if you spend another 25 RP, you will hit Tier 2 and will get two icons. EDIT - that assumes Zombie Brand is 975 and not Legendary, which I cannot confirm

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I am glad to hear the lifetime purchases thing.

Also, what gets me with the Shadow Isle Icon event is a lack of choice. Some people will like the lower tier icons more and spend a small amount of RP and be happy. Some people will like them all and spend the max amount and be happy.
But, some people may only like the higher tier ones and have to spend max or near max the rp to get the ones they want and also the others they don't even want as well as some people not being able to afford doing this either. For instance, someone might be able to afford getting only 1, but won't even buy RP because the one they wanted was a higher tier and thus they wouldn't benefit from doing so.

I feel like the max amount spent should be the bonus of getting them all and that you should be able to choose which one you wanted at lower tiers. This is the best route for player experience and player happiness but not the route best for making money. But Riot and I believe you as well, have stated that player experience is what you guys are really into and making money is just for keeping the lights on.

Swanhaven

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
but I can assure you, it is coming.
Just like Lore and Achievements, right?

Arcus Veles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Thanks for being patient and accommodating, Hippalus. You've done a great job so far.

Calderweiss

10-18-2012

Hippalus, they rage too much. You guys, the ward skins thing, it was an experiment, they come up with a lot of well thought out ideas, but they aren't however many million fans read and downvote. They think of a lot, but not everything. I would rather have the skins then not have them. We will probably get perma ward skins in the future. Stop complaining. Hippalus has had to put up with a lot from you guys and he ahs kept his cool the whole time. Thanks, hippo.

Kanodin

10-18-2012

Quote:
Yes, and if you spend another 25 RP, you will hit Tier 2 and will get two icons.
I see what you did thar.

Chromaggus

Master Recruiter

10-18-2012

Quote:
Yes, and if you spend another 25 RP, you will hit Tier 2 and will get two icons.
zzz

Someone needs to ****** proof this for ******* like me.

Phourc

10-18-2012

Oh man, so exciting to see new unlockable summoner icons making their way into the game.

Though lets be honest, I'm not sure I want to see my total RP purchase xP

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-18-2012
6 of 46 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoro View Post
Basically, spending any RP will earn you tier 1.
Spending 1000 RP will earn you tier 2.
Spending 2500 RP will earn you tier 3.
Spending 5000 RP will earn you tier 4.
Spending 10000 RP will earn you tier 5.
Correct?
Exactly. Icons earned this way will be distributed after the promotion is over. Icons earned by purchasing RP will be distributed on an ongoing basis throughout the promotion beginning within the first 24 hours after the Shadow Isles patch.

Gage

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanhaven View Post
Just like Lore and Achievements, right?
You really want people Achievement boosting? That takes time to figure out how to set them up so it's not a boost fest. I propose a Achievement Tree like a sphere system or mastery system, moving from one to the next. so that way no one is on the same achievement.