Summoner Icon Rewards

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mārs

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death1223 View Post
I purchased more than $100 USD worth of RP a month ago, that's bs that they have such timeframes.
Spend $100 more.

Riot logic at it's finest.

lost frozen bat

10-30-2012

how can i get new summoner icons???

Storm 4ever

10-30-2012

Is there a way to check the exact amount of rp you've purchased over the time of your entire account? For example I think some champs I bought with RP, but don't remember exactly which ones and when. Is there a log somewhere you can check that shows your entire RP total for the lifetime of your account? This would be helpful, I think.

Kemando

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Yeah I know it's somewhat confusing - I'll try again. There are two ways to earn these icons.

#1) By buying RP between October 1 - November 13. It doesn't matter when you spend it. The total amount of RP bought determines which tier you earn. Icons earned this way will be distributed DURING the Shadow Isles promotion.

#2) By spending RP between October 1 - November 13. It doesn't matter when you bought it. The total amount of RP spent determines which tier you earn. Icons earned this way will be distributed AFTER the Shadow Isles promotion (and only if you haven't already been given the icon).

WAIT... does that mean it stacks? SO say I buy 5000 RP on october 9th or something, then I SPEND that 5000... does that make my total 10000 because I bought 5000 and spent 5000? and it's both?

Jasteus

11-01-2012

No it works like this:

You can
A. Buy 10k worth of RP during the window (bonus rp counts)
B. Spend 10k worth of RP during the window

So your , bought 5k , spent 5k = 10k scenario does not work
however
Bought 5k before promotion, spend it during promotion, buy 5k more , spend during promotion = 10k spent during promotion = 5th icon, that's how I'm understanding it
This is however also true
Buy 2k rp, 3k rp, 5k rp during the promotion, spend none of it and get the icons too.

That's how I read his response

Krolzor

11-03-2012

i just bought 10480 rp in one day (11/03/12) and still dont have the vengeful wraith..

Storm 4ever

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha quail View Post
But... why are icons being given for RP purchases in the first place? Or actually, why did it take so long to get new icons only for them to be limited in such a way? They should be extremely easy to create/add, why couldn't we instead get free icons that are unlocked in other ways.

e.g. pentakill icon requires 1 pentakill to unlock.
Really like this idea! Pentas are near impossible to get , and people who have them should get an icon. If you can somehow get several of them, maybe the icon is gold or something...good stuff!

icsmurfs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Quote:
Yes - redeeming gift codes will count.
Apparently support is telling me this is not the case - receiving the GC from the World Playoffs does not count towards the promotion. So which one is it? Communication across the organization seems to be unclear regarding this.

Teague Wan

11-11-2012

Quote:
Hi all – I’ve heard your concerns with the summoner icon rewards and wanted to communicate more on the background of why these icons were created.

We have plans to provide players with permanent summoner icon rewards for many different things over the next several months, including lifetime RP purchases as well as good behavior in game. The Shadow Isles summoner icons were specifically designed to reward players for participating in the Shadow Isles and the Harrowing offerings, with some of the icons being extremely rare for those who provide the greatest amount of support. However, I understand the frustration of those who feel they haven’t been rewarded for past RP purchases, or for other contributions such as being a great player in-game, but I can assure you, it is coming.

Also, players have raised the fair point that under the current plan they will not even be rewarded for buying Shadow Isles or Harrowing content with RP that they had purchased prior to October, and I agree that doesn’t really capture the spirit of the promotion. Therefore, a few days after the end of the promotion, we will retroactively grant Shadow Isles icons to players if the RP spent from October 1 – November 13 is greater than the RP purchased during that time and qualfies them for an additional tier of rewards.
icons will show up after 13th Nov?

PUR3ICE

11-11-2012

Hippalus
I have a really important qustion.(For me important)
I really want the tier5 Icon, but i can only buy the RP for it in about 2 days.
The point is i donīt really know when this reward icon thing ends in the timezone of germany.
Does it end earlier or does it end later?
Can you possibly give me the exact ending time for this icon rewards or possibly create a thread in announcements that this action has endet?
If i cant spent the money in the time where you get these icon as rewards i wonīt do it.

Thanks for reading.