Summoner Icon Rewards

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devcoriff

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Thanks for your answers Hippalus. I especially like your ship analogy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeyLPG

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
These situations change constantly which is why people try not to post information that may turn out not to be true. I know for sure now that the skins will not be released today. We're targeting to get them to you before the weekend. There is a chance that won't happen.

League of Legends is like a battleship with 800 sailors that is constantly getting new weapons and navigational upgrades while traveling at 25 knots. Everyone on the boat is working towards the best possible outcome but no one person knows everything or can predict exactly what will happen in the next battle. Or exactly when.

There is no other game that supports as many players in as many parts of the world, and so it is pointless to compare LoL to games that are much smaller but have more features or more reliable updates. Piloting a rowboat is easier and allows greater flexibility, but you'll still get crushed by the battleship.

You sound like Morello now. Someone who needs to be kicked off the wheel.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tasius

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyLPG View Post
You sound like Morello now. Someone who needs to be kicked off the wheel.

What? I don't even...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eKoyz

Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
That's a good assumption for today.

I'm no tech guy but my guess is there are two main issues there:

1) It doesn't matter as much if stuff on the pbe breaks when released.
2) Stuff breaks more often when millions of people interact with it than when thousands of people do

So there's a whole different level of testing and problem solving when releasing content to the main game.
@Hippalus I purchase RP one day before the 1st of October. I have also purchased i think 40 this month, is there a way you guys can just let the RP from the day before to just carry over? I want that tier 4 picture!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Falkryus

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
That's a good assumption for today.

I'm no tech guy but my guess is there are two main issues there:

1) It doesn't matter as much if stuff on the pbe breaks when released.
2) Stuff breaks more often when millions of people interact with it than when thousands of people do

So there's a whole different level of testing and problem solving when releasing content to the main game.
Hippalus thanks for being the best Rioter in Riot Games but please I want Haunted Maokai. When ? Just When ?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tasius

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eKoyz View Post
@Hippalus I purchase RP one day before the 1st of October. I have also purchased i think 40 this month, is there a way you guys can just let the RP from the day before to just carry over? I want that tier 4 picture!

I think I recall him saying at one point, if the RP was actually spend in oct. or something of the sort it would count towards the icon? I'm not sure though


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KhaotixKhaos

Senior Member

10-25-2012

So i minor eta on the skins should be like tomorrow at some point or Saturday?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

smartman294

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Hey Hippalus,
I keep reading something about lifetime rp purchase rewards coming soon.
Like what would they be like the summoner icons right now or something else.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myrndath

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartman294 View Post
Hey Hippalus,
I keep reading something about lifetime rp purchase rewards coming soon.
Like what would they be like the summoner icons right now or something else.
That would be kinda neat


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

smartman294

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Sorry meant to say like the ones now sorta thing