Summoner Icon Rewards

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hong328

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2012

Dear Hippalus
There is this league player who is willing to trade me his limited edition Nutcracker Shaco for my Jurassic Cho Gath, but I can't get 2k upvote. Can you please make this happen?

Akanoth

10-22-2012

Does the spent rp have to be bought? I'm supposedly getting 12580 rp in the near future from riot because I paid for a tier 1 seat at world championships and had to sit in tier 2 seating because I couldn't find any open seats tier 1 because they didn't enforce seating. If I spend all of the riot points do I get the icons, or do I still need to buy 10k rp?

Numba Wan Kenobi

10-22-2012

I dont mean to sound harsh with this post so please dont take it the wrong way, but this is a really serious concern I have and I highly doubt any Reds will see my post in between all these posts but I hope someone does.

So Ive read on other threads about Harrowing stuff that some of the best ideas suggested by players (and acknowledged to be great ideas from you Rioters yourselves), even though they are great ideas, they "cant be done" due to "technical and other limitations".

My question is, and this has been beating me up for so long now, how is it possible that a game like Heroes of Newerth (HoN), which is much smaller than this game in playerbase (thus probably much smaller in income aswell) has all these things already implemented and not only that but they have had these and many more for several months? How can this little company/game not have these "technical limitations" and Riot which is a multimegabillionaire company with millions of active players have "technical limitations"?

Please dont think Im trying to start some sort of discussion on which is the better game because that is not the purpose of this post at all. HoN is a game that I dont play because well, when I had the choice to play a MOBA when I was new at the genre, there was the HoN choice and the LoL choice, and I chose LoL. Going to HoN now, over 2 years later, would be like starting LoL from zero and I just dont have the time or patience to learn so much stuff again.

But I happen to be subscribed to their newsletter ever since their closed beta (which is pretty much when I started playing LoL aswell) and their progress when it comes to content focused for their players is astonishing and incredibly fast too, compared to LoL's.

Among the things they have had for ages now that LoL havent done, mostly always having as reasoning for it that "technical limitations" line (Ive probably seen this said by Rioters a couple dozen times so far in many different subjects), are Spectator Mode, Replays, a Mac Client, dreamy Custom games where you can actually choose what you want to test as soon as you go in it as opposed to having to go through the whole game to do it for no reason at all (i.e testing mechanics alone in HoN's Custom game vs a LoL's Custom game), Skins for champions purchasable with "IP" (whichever their in-game currency is) and not only "RP", Skins for so many other things which are also purchasable with in-game currency and not only "cash" currency (for example, "Skins" for the announcements when you do a 'Double Kill' etc; different and even Custom chat Icons which are pretty much the counterpart of Summoner Icons in LoL; and a lot more).

Remember Im only pointing out the things they have that LoL doesnt because they always say they cant do it due to "technical limitations", however HoN still has a lot more stuff over LoL that this subject doesnt cover, which beats my head even harder knowing Riot is much richer than them and 'should' have what they have and more.

Important note: I know LoL does have a lot of other stuff more/different than HoN, which is why I said earlier that Im not trying to start a discussion on which game has more stuff or is better or anything like that. Im using HoN simply because it's the only similar game I have kept track of, and I only say the things they have that LoL doesnt because I want a Riot response on why LoL has technical limitations for them and HoN doesnt, being a much smaller company. Again, I dont want responses such as "Yes but LoL has COOP vs AI" or similar, I know what LoL has over HoN, but remember the purpose of this post is to try and understand why LoL has technical limitations on certain features that other smaller games have, yet they didnt have these limitations.

Sometimes, for all these reasons Im saying in this post, I wish when I had to choose between playing HoN and LoL 2 years ago, I wish I had chosen HoN and not LoL.
I suppose the reason I picked LoL was because HoN was a p2p game back then.
If they had released their game as F2P initially, Id most certainly be there just for the sake that their game simply looked much more polished than this one (not talking graphics).

I love Riot as a company, but sometimes they make me just so confused when I compare these 2 games.

How can it be that whichever it is the company that runs HoN has made so many incredibly great changes for their players in the time they have been up despite the fact that they have probably 10% or less of the players LoL has. Meaning they probably have 10% or less of the money and/or the resources that Riot Games has as a company.

And yet, they already have pretty much everything a player could possibly want.

So Riot, please I need a honest answer here. Whats going on? I really do want an logic answer because right now I just cant think of one.

Every time I read "technical limitations" from your company, and then I look into my email and see that HoN already did that ages ago, a part of my gaming-self just dies because I cant find the logic in you saying "technical limitations" being the company that you are.

Please answer, I beg you.

Akanoth

10-23-2012

bump, hippalus get in here!

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-25-2012
36 of 46 Riot Posts

The Shadow Isles and Harrowing content was delayed a bit. The Summoner Icons should begin showing up in accounts during the day tomorrow. Additional icons that are earned will then appear within ten minutes.

Tasius

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The Shadow Isles and Harrowing content was delayed a bit. The Summoner Icons should begin showing up in accounts during the day tomorrow. Additional icons that are earned will then appear within ten minutes.

What exactly do you mean? the skins and everything else will also be available tomorrow? or what.

Mediocre Top

10-25-2012

Quote:
So you are telling everyone that the patch that was going to add all these new awesome things was delayed and you decided to give us a really buggy, laggy, and basically un-playable game?

Well thanks.

ADC SENPAl

10-25-2012

Quote:
I appreciate an update about why they were delayed, thank you

Aphoristic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Can you give us more than "a bit" on how long the delay will be?

Leon

10-25-2012

Quote:

like delayed until tonight or next christmas