Summoner Icon Rewards

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AppleDough

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
In the next several months you will have access to rewards that other don't because of your lifetime RP spending. This particular promotion has nothing to do with lifetime RP spending.
Nice

VoltNinjA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

10-18-2012

This is a much more acceptable solution.

Thank you Hippalus.

Food4Thought

10-18-2012

Quote:
Hi all – I’ve heard your concerns with the summoner icon rewards and wanted to communicate more on the background of why these icons were created.

We have plans to provide players with permanent summoner icon rewards for many different things over the next several months, including lifetime RP purchases as well as good behavior in game. The Shadow Isles summoner icons were specifically designed to reward players for participating in the Shadow Isles and the Harrowing offerings, with some of the icons being extremely rare for those who provide the greatest amount of support. However, I understand the frustration of those who feel they haven’t been rewarded for past RP purchases, or for other contributions such as being a great player in-game, but I can assure you, it is coming.

Also, players have raised the fair point that under the current plan they will not even be rewarded for buying Shadow Isles or Harrowing content with RP that they had purchased prior to October, and I agree that doesn’t really capture the spirit of the promotion. Therefore, a few days after the end of the promotion, we will retroactively grant Shadow Isles icons to players if the RP spent from October 1 – November 13 is greater than the RP purchased during that time and qualfies them for an additional tier of rewards.

What if I'm just 200RP shy of the 10k?
as atm ive bought 2800 (yesterday) and if I go buy 2x $25 cards from local store, i get 3500 RP per card, which will give me 9800 RP..though Ive bought a ton of RP sense i started playing this game...do I really have to buy another card?

as well...Idk what ima do with 10k RP in the first place lol

AsobitaiMEX

10-18-2012

I think I have a wierd question but i want to ask it anyways xD
Right now i have like 3k RP i've being saving since i don't remember when... and i decide to spend it all now
After i spent those old 3k RP do i have to buy just 7k RP now to get the 10RP icon??
It works like that? :X

Schone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

So, Hippalus, I bought the 100 $ RP last month.. I get no icons??? =(

Ryuuji

10-18-2012

Quote:
In the next several months you will have access to rewards that other don't because of your lifetime RP spending. This particular promotion has nothing to do with lifetime RP spending.
I'm sorry, but had no other way to summon you.
Completely irrelevant but,
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post30392859
Could you please take a look, kind ol' Hippalus?

Silver Raven

10-18-2012

Hey Hippalus, long time no see

Off subject, and just to shoot this quick question, ¿How long until you announce something regarding the IP/RP price reductions long term plan?

Thanks in advance for any answer provided

Bonus Chromosome

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeBeeP View Post
Hippalus, the most this "promotion" will do is alienate your players that simply want an icon but don't have the means or the desire to pay exorbitant sum of money for them. You can call it an "experiment" but viewing this subjectively it looks like another one of Riot's money-grabs to try and extort customers. People complained when Riot stopped offering new champions for anything lower than 6300 IP, they complained when Mecha Kha'Zix cost more than the actual champion, people are complaining about Ward skins, and now people are complaining about this. When does it stop? When can we expect a stable pricing scheme without worrying when the next price-hike or "experiment" is coming?

All you had to do was put these icons in the shop at a reasonable price for a limited time during the holidays and people would have bought them and no one would have complained.
first of all they are just icons, they have no effect on game play and you can play this game for free without seeing any negative game play effects. secondly these pictures are meant to show that you got a large amount of rp during this time, nothing more. your not buying the picture as they are already on the site and you can look at them for free...the only thing you are buying is the right to have these pictures next to your name. and they don't even cost anything.

Chromaggus

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsobitaiMEX View Post
I think I have a wierd question but i want to ask it anyways xD
Right now i have like 3k RP i've being saving since i don't remember when... and i decide to spend it all now
After i spent those old 3k RP do i have to buy just 7k RP now to get the 10RP icon??
It works like that? :X
According to this thread and what Hipp said, sadly, no

Zetasphere

10-18-2012

Good Guy Hippalus.