Summoner Icon Rewards

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

10-18-2012
1 of 46 Riot Posts

Hi all – I’ve heard your concerns with the Harrowing summoner icon rewards and wanted to communicate more on the background of why these icons were created.

We have plans to provide players with permanent summoner icon rewards for many different things over the next several months, including lifetime RP purchases as well as good behavior in game. The Harrowing summoner icons were specifically designed to reward players for participating in the Shadow Isles and the Harrowing offerings, with some of the icons being extremely rare for those who provide the greatest amount of support. However, I understand the frustration of those who feel they haven’t been rewarded for past RP purchases, or for other contributions such as being a great player in-game, but I can assure you, it is coming.

Also, players have raised the fair point that under the current plan they will not even be rewarded for buying Shadow Isles or Harrowing content with RP that they had purchased prior to October, and I agree that doesn’t really capture the spirit of the promotion. Therefore, a few days after the end of the promotion, we will retroactively grant Shadow Isles icons to players if the RP spent from October 1 – November 13 is greater than the RP purchased during that time and qualifies them for an additional tier of rewards.

Rushinq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Okay. I think that paying 70$ for a summoner icon is a little much the reward tiers should be lowered by a lot. I don't think many people are willing to spend 70$ on a summoner icon. I will be buying around 2 or 3 skins from the Harrowing.

1st
Edit: Now that I have secured my position of first I will read it and post my opinion.
Edit2: Getting downboated so hard.
Edit3: How many more till this is counted as spam?
Edit4: I win in the competition for most down-votes in this thread.

Exentrick

10-18-2012

spot holder.

TwR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

One day I'll make you give me Team Spirit Anivia Hip, I will make you cry with a sob story!

HailSing

10-18-2012

does not understand

what does this line mean?
Therefore, a few days after the end of the promotion, we will retroactively grant Shadow Isles icons to players if the RP spent from October 1 – November 13 is greater than the RP purchased during that time and qualfies them for an additional tier of rewards

xephh

10-18-2012

ehh.. it would be kinda hard to achieve Vengeful Wraith by spending $100.00 of RP in one month, don't you think? :/

Claw of Time

10-18-2012

SSoTP

Mad Grey Wolf

10-18-2012

I think it was a great idea. One of the main reasons I bought Pulsefire Ezreal, other than the fact that I got him early for half off, was the icon. The summoner icons have been the same FOREVER. So I jumped at the chance to get a new one!

ExecutionerKen

10-18-2012

Where are the summoner icon from beta and season 1? Zzz

Chromaggus

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Therefore, a few days after the end of the promotion, we will retroactively grant Shadow Isles icons to players if the RP spent from October 1 November 13 is greater than the RP purchased during that time and qualfies them for an additional tier of rewards.
I dont understand this part.

Please explain.