The new Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hi Guys Danger

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
This is a great point, but you are neglecting the fact that Sam WORKED on this map, giving him more knowledge of it and experience on it than any of us. Yetttti has also played on it multiple times on the PBE while we discussed it over skype.

I have not played it. I am just looking at the what both maps currently are, and saying "Hey, this map looks great, quit complaining till you all play it."

My whole arguments have not been that 'diamond players love it'. That argument came about when someone accused players supporting the new map to be non-avid, when we are as avid as they get.
okay.. again.. just because they say it's great doesn't mean it's what everyone else wants. you're saying because "this chef that made the sandwich said it's delicious, so it much be delicious." Just because they know how the sandwich was made and have eaten it for the last 2 years doesn't mean they speak for everyone. Some people don't like Pastrami on Rye. and i'm glad you'll take their word for it without experiencing it yourself.. but there are many of us who actually have PBE accounts and have tried it and have a different opinion. You're saying because we didn't "make the sandwich" or "enjoy pastrami" as much as the "chef" that our opinions are null and void. now, i'm a huge fan of pastrami as much as they are, but when it's on rye.. it completely ruins my sandwich eating experience.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Guys Danger View Post
okay.. again.. just because they say it's great doesn't mean it's what everyone else wants. you're saying because "this chef that made the sandwich said it's delicious, so it much be delicious." Just because they know how the sandwich was made and have eaten it for the last 2 years doesn't mean they speak for everyone. Some people don't like Pastrami on Rye. and i'm glad you'll take their word for it without experiencing it yourself.. but there are many of us who actually have PBE accounts and have tried it and have a different opinion. You're saying because we didn't "make the sandwich" or "enjoy pastrami" as much as the "chef" that our opinions are null and void. now, i'm a huge fan of pastrami as much as they are, but when it's on rye.. it completely ruins my sandwich eating experience.
Way to ignore both my main arguments.

And being quite honest, maybe because of my lack of intelligence, I don't follow your example.

Generally, a platinum player can give a bronze player a better Darius build than he/she is using, even if the platinum player has never played Darius. Generally, players with more knowledge of the game give more accurate opinions, and generally those with more knowledge are higher rated.

And honestly, I will trust the opinion of those with more knowledge of the game more than those with less knowledge. I don't buy the whole "Well a bunch of low elo players tried out the map and said it sucked."

Well you know what? 2 months ago those were the same players whining about turtling. Those were the same players who continuously cried about how broken Twisted Treeline was. These were the same people who thought jungling wasn't an option, the same people that rushed to the bottom bush at level 1, and those were the same players who complained about OP champions but didn't bother learning how to play them.

All I'm saying is wait for it to come out of beta before you dump on it. Yes it is not Twisted Treeline, but it may be something better.

Until then I'm done making the same argument to people that could never agree with it. And until then I'm just going to trust the opinion of my friends and those who know how to play the current Twisted Treeline map to it's fullest, and therefore can make a better comparison.

Judas Priest

10-20-2012

I'm just happy Riot removed the turtling.

Drakanous

10-20-2012

At first I was looking at the items and thinking "holy ****, these things are OP!" (for example: TT's new "Rabadon's DC" just needs Needlessly Large Rod and still gives 25% ap boost) but then I played more and realized that's the point and to the benefit of the map. It makes it easier to get to "end game" within about 20 minutes if not less. It's much faster paced and, as the original poster claimed, very skirmish based.

On top of all that, everything is just very... accessible. I like it. It's also brought the phrase "counter jungling" to a whole new meaning. Taking the enemy's capture point is a serious detriment to them, and will claim victory for those who are able to do it consistently.

Like I said, everything is extremely over powered, so don't go in expecting the usual 30-40 minute games. Plus, it fits the new spooky theme for the Shadow Isles very well. Things go down quick, and you had better be prepared for it.

Desocupado

10-20-2012

Can't lower ELO people have fun in the current map?

LSA

10-20-2012

It's not that I don't like the new TT, it's that they're removing the old one. I like the old one, it could definitely use some tweaks but completely replacing it bugs me a lot.

Kaita Shouhen

10-23-2012

Agreed.

BoB Da Bilda

10-23-2012

nahh the old twisted treeline was great but i trust the league you guys are doing a great job keep up the updates and the good work XD!

BoB Da Bilda

10-23-2012

WHEN IS THE NEW TWISTED COMING OUT !!'
thumbs up :]

DARKxALLxSEER

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
OMG! It's nothing like the old Treeline roit so dumb omg... Thumbs me up please.

Is what I would say if I was any number of you whiners on the forums currently.

The vast majority of threads on the 3v3 forum refer to what will be the old Twisted Treeline as needing definite balance changes. And especially in high elo 3v3, the amount of viable champions amounts to about 10, and causes incredibly boring game play.

The new Twisted Treeline is a smaller map based around team fighting and skirmishing, map control, and the age old argument of 'jungle vs 2v1 lane' has been decided for us, thank god.

The new Twisted Treeline focuses less on your ability to last hit, and more on your ability to control the map as a team, have good communication, and finally makes a larger pool of champions viable. This is because the lanes are smaller, you cannot purchase wards (meaning 'mia' becomes that much more important) and there are literally capture points.

The age old problem of 'turtling', with it's many silly counter strategies like 'don't take the inhibitors' and 'clear the jungle then suicide final tower' is also dealt with.

The problem of jungle camps being random, and dragon being too weak and granting too much gold has been dealt with.

The new Twisted Treeline will truly be fast paced, skill-oriented, and fun. I am very excited for it. So why do you care if they replace the old map with it? Most people just complained about the old map anyhow.

About New Twisted Treeline:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsvdNl1Pbjo
http://imgur.com/a/tjTZT#PUNyW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv_nOw3NS68

ok give cry part but speeding things up will not do that hast make wast