The new Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hi Guys Danger

Senior Member

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
That would be like saying it is elitist to consider the information given from someone with a PhD to be likely more accurate than someone with an AA.
EXACTLY.
and someone saying how awesome this map is without playing it is like saying "you have to try this sandwich, it is REALLY effing delicious" just because he saw a picture in the menu and the chefs said it was...
just because high elo players enjoy this map and riot showed off its (not so shiney) new look doesn't mean its what the rest of the community wants.. I'm glad you're basing your whole arguement on the fact that "diamond players love it", but the rest of us know how to try new things and think independently.
Call me a rebel but you don't have to do what the overlords tell you to do.


Ps.. this bridge is REALLY fun to jump off of... Phreak told me himself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxChrystarxX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HideyoshiX View Post
I believe it's higher than the 13 gold per 10 on Summoner's Rift. Plus, if you have at least one altar, you get an additional 4G per kill, plus different CS from minions. Also, you start with 800some gold, which means if (you're dumb) you can start a GP10 item with very little sustain and mobility.

Also I think dedicated jungler will work still.

I'm tired of this whining though. So tired. It's like people want it balanced to the specifications of low level play, in elos before you start facing golds and platinums and diamonds, AKA people who start to understand the mechanics of the game type.

90% of the people I see whining barely play Twisted Treeline, are unranked or ridiculously low bronze elo, and these people expect it to be balanced around staying in lane for 50 minutes until both teams have 6 items.
Being unranked does not by any standard mean they don't have a right to an opinion. It also doesn't mean they don't play it. Boo hoo, they don't play ranked. I don't play ranked TT, but I still play about 10-15 games a day just on TT when I have the time. If you're tired of the whining, get off the forums.

Also, 90% of statistics posted by individuals on the internet are made up on the spot. If they didn't play TT, they wouldn't whine. I'm willing to bet that easily 75% or more of the people doing the whining actually do play TT with some regularity.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxChrystarxX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Omega View Post
I'm definitely looking forward to the new TT. The old one was just crazy unbalanced, and had a surprising amount of gamebreaking bugs that were never fixed. Even if they were fixed, I feel the old TT would never get a new playerbase, and would slowly dwindle down to its few diehard fans. Now with the hype of a new one, tons of people are pouring in, excited to play it. The only problem is people see the altars, which seems inspired from Dominion, and go "wah" and cry about it, because they considered Dominion a failure, and by some strange, unintellectual correlation, the new Twisted Treeline will be just like Dominion.
Those players aren't pouring in because "yay it's fixed!" They're pouring in because it's the biggest map overhaul they have ever done, and it includes a bit of dominion style gameplay with the altars, as well as a new boss in place of Ebonmaw. Furthermore, I fail to see any imbalance in the old TT, aside from the randomized camp spawns. The lanes are identical when split down the middle. Everything is geographically symmetrical when split down the middle. As for the the champions, that's not the map's fault. Those champions were not imbalanced because of the map, that is solely the champions and the players using them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
I've never loved the old TT.

I have defended it plenty of times from those who had said it was broken.

Multiple threads where I have defended what will be old TT:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...3v3+tournament
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ng+is+an+issue

Well i really hate comparing things to players or following a high Elo like a "sheep" but Sam jungled quite efficiently on the new TT on his stream he even stated something along the lines that Riot should take a look at that because Jungling on the New TT was almost a garenteed free win.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoubleLane

Senior Member

10-20-2012

just wish riot would stop making **** like dominion, nobody likes dominion... new treeline has capturable points like dominion and speed boosts u step on like dominion, the proving grounds have the stupid hp packs like dominion, and the worst part now treeline has dominion items instead of classic i.e. no bloodthirster, sanguine blade instead just like proving grounds... treeline is classic u should not be giving it dominion stuff, dominion is its own thing get creative and stop copying and pasting from your other maps


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlazingKore

Junior Member

10-20-2012

I actually liked the old map, despite the imbalances. The new map looks cool, though, so I think I'll enkoy playing it with some change this time around. Wish we could keep both the old and new map, because of the items and junglinng changes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nefar1ous

Member

10-20-2012

@E1C
So i am not a huge fan of the new map, and yes i am bronze so i fit your profile. But as far as your point about opening up the game ot more champs, doesnt the disabling of the Bloodthirster inherently limit viable champs. For example, Talon stacks bloothirsters, and he just cant do it with the replacement. Also, i dont like the speed shrine, and i also do not like the small size as much.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fiddlesticksssss

Senior Member

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussei˝Fatal View Post
@E1C
So i am not a huge fan of the new map, and yes i am bronze so i fit your profile. But as far as your point about opening up the game ot more champs, doesnt the disabling of the Bloodthirster inherently limit viable champs. For example, Talon stacks bloothirsters, and he just cant do it with the replacement. Also, i dont like the speed shrine, and i also do not like the small size as much.
Bloodthirster gave 100 ad and some lifesteal. The main problem was the ad. Almost every new ad item has reasonable ad, but EVERY freaking ad item now has lifesteal. So don't worry, talon will be fine, especially since tanky dps got nerfed a bit with the warmogs and ga removal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Guys Danger View Post
EXACTLY.
and someone saying how awesome this map is without playing it is like saying "you have to try this sandwich, it is REALLY effing delicious" just because he saw a picture in the menu and the chefs said it was...
just because high elo players enjoy this map and riot showed off its (not so shiney) new look doesn't mean its what the rest of the community wants.. I'm glad you're basing your whole arguement on the fact that "diamond players love it", but the rest of us know how to try new things and think independently.
Call me a rebel but you don't have to do what the overlords tell you to do.


Ps.. this bridge is REALLY fun to jump off of... Phreak told me himself.
This is a great point, but you are neglecting the fact that Sam WORKED on this map, giving him more knowledge of it and experience on it than any of us. Yetttti has also played on it multiple times on the PBE while we discussed it over skype.

I have not played it. I am just looking at the what both maps currently are, and saying "Hey, this map looks great, quit complaining till you all play it."

My whole arguments have not been that 'diamond players love it'. That argument came about when someone accused players supporting the new map to be non-avid, when we are as avid as they get.

[QUOTE=Sinisterslayer;30418140]they only reason half these people are saying they like the new changes to tt are cause they arent avid tt players/QUOTE]

You can read my main argument on the front page, and a responding argument at the bottom of page 3.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS17d8c44946497fedd3169

Junior Member

10-20-2012

lol gey