The new Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fiddlesticksssss

10-19-2012

Don't think i haven't noticed you using 3 accounts to upvote you and anyone that supports your idea, and downvoting anyone that is right. You are a troll.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticksssss View Post
I cannot reply with my main account due to it being banned for calling someone a ******* way back in beta. However i can provide my argument of why this map blows RIGHT NOW. Right now its in beta . Right now the altars are the equal of getting dragon 3 minutes into the game. Right now riot is looking into nerfing this "good, but bad". Why is that bad? Well, due to polls more people REALLY DON'T WANT or just don't want the altars at all. However riot might just leave them in. Due to that jungling is completely destroyed, however ganking is not. Why is jungling destroyed? Because there is not a lot of creep camps, and ganking is extremely powerful, however if you get spotted, its WAY to easy to counter DESTROY the jungler. New items are impeccable and yes it is almost everything i wanted in the new TT other than A: It being DEAD obvious when you go to vilemaw, and B: The altars really deter from what the old classic TT was about. So in my opinion, which many hold the same with me, i would rather keep old TT right now instead of what is currently in beta going live. Luckily it is beta, and by reading your post you are only a sheep who follow the commands of high players. However i mainly play normal "1200 wins 1010 loss". in total that is 2210. I have only played 500 summoners rift in total, that was before TT was released. After TT was released, i immediately started playing that till present now.
While many things have been made clear to me, judging by that you are perma-banned on your main account, I do really appreciate you putting an intelligent argument together.

Well, first thing off: If you control 1 point, your team gets a global buff granting +4 gold per minion kill. This will help scale things into late game quicker and make games faster. If you control both points, you get a 10% damage bonus. Dragon grants (1% dmg per level) buff. So yea, pretty similar. But the fact is, you have to control both points. If the enemy team lets you control both points then that is a huge strategical mistake on their part, and they deserve to be at that disadvantage.

I agree with you, the new Twisted Treeline will be nothing like the old Twisted Treeline. But what's wrong with that? I think it will be smooth, intense, and exciting when implemented. Things the current Twisted Treeline are not (well maybe intense if you think about how dragon is worth 800+ gold and a 1/5 second smite makes all the difference in which team gets it).

I actually made this thread without consulting any 'high elo' players, they just happened to agree with me. And in all honesty it would be silly not to appreciate their opinion more than someone who has only played normals and never experienced high elo play.

I am not saying that I dislike the current TT. I don't love it, but I do really enjoy it. However, I think the new TT will be amazing when polished up, and it makes my stomach churn when I see so many hate on it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

Quote:
Don't think i haven't noticed you using 3 accounts to upvote you and anyone that supports your idea, and downvoting anyone that is right. You are a troll.
Firstly, my alt account is "E1C Follower". And that is my only alt account.

Secondly, you aren't right, that is why you are being down-voted lol.

And considering the fact that I've never been banned and you're perma-banned? I don't know who the troll is.

brb gotta log onto my alts to upvote.

iheartjake

10-19-2012

I don't normally comment on these threads but it seems like people are being a little extreme for both sides and I just want to share my honest opinion.
Pros
1. I really like the new layout and theme of twisted treeline and how they fixed the problem with turtling by putting a wall between the fountain and nexus.
2. The new "dragon" is great because I agree it was a little too easy for bruzers to kill and it looks tight as *^#@.
3. I do miss having wards, but I understand it is a small map so it makes sense to not have any.
4. The change in amount of gold you start off with in the beginning and acquire over time is nice because I do want Twisted Treeline to be faster than a summoner's rift.
5. If the new items do help with having more champions that work well in 3's then I definitely like it.
Cons
1. The speed buff in the middle might be a little extreme for such a small map.
2. The Capture points I don't really like because it makes Twisted Treeline feel too much like Dominion and I think better team comps will be able to force fights there too often and if the other team doesn't respond then they will have a huge disadvantage. I think teams should only have to worry about defending Towers, Nexus, and Dragon.
3. I did say i understand that the map is too small to have wards and it forces teams to communicate more, but when you aren't pre-made, there are a lot of people who don't want to communicate.

Suggestions
Instead of having the capture points give more gold to a team, maybe have a few small points to capture that allow vision in that area for a short amount of time (Maybe just one in the middle to replace the speed buff). This will encourage teams to gain control of the area so they are unlikely to be ganked for a short time and allow the team a period of time to make plays. I feel like this wouldn't make a huge advantage with gold over time and would just allow the team a better chance to make more skilled plays.
Thank you for reading and let me know what you think!

Krathxser

10-19-2012

the map should have wards and items like ga back since the buffs in the middle are really annoying really dont mind if u take those away..dominion much

Eryn

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoclll View Post
the map should have wards and items like ga back since the buffs in the middle are really annoying really dont mind if u take those away..dominion much
When considering, it may make more sense to just have a constant global +4 gold granted per minion kill, rather than having the alter. But then what would teams fight over?

Right now fights explode at Dragon and Red, but I'm not sure what would replace them on this new map other than the Spider boss.

fiddlesticksssss

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
When considering, it may make more sense to just have a constant global +4 gold granted per minion kill, rather than having the alter. But then what would teams fight over?

Right now fights explode at Dragon and Red, but I'm not sure what would replace them on this new map other than the Spider boss.
Instead of hating red the altars thread. Even a poll shows, that people want a mini boss instead of all the altars combined. **** red, however it should be a 1 man buff. 2 minutes or 3 minutes of buff and 4-6 minutes of respawning. You agree with a map you have not played and agree with high elo players who still again have not played the map. You don't know the frustration of getting anally pounded and dominated within the first 5 minutes. It doesn't require strategy. Everyone goes for the altar because its the biggest priority on the map. Whoever controls it is almost guaranteed a win, unless they are SERIOUSLY bad. Vision doesn't matter RIGHT NOW, because of the smallness of the jungle. However picking up teemo is almost the strongest pick either team can do because of the blackfire torch bug, the fact that speed altar is constantly in use, and he is free vision.

Sarah J Parker

10-20-2012

Even though I love this new TT I have found it to have more lag. Now every other map is fine except this one It's probably just because of the art and design but I still don't know. Maybe fix it!?

fiddlesticksssss

10-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerboi147 View Post
Even though I love this new TT I have found it to have more lag. Now every other map is fine except this one It's probably just because of the art and design but I still don't know. Maybe fix it!?
Yeah bro. More people than usual are getting extremely low fps, and lag. They are "working" on it.

Sarah J Parker

10-20-2012

Quote:
Yeah bro. More people than usual are getting extremely low fps, and lag. They are "working" on it.
Sweet! Thanks I didn't know if it was just me but it's glad to know my Pc is working fine!