The new Twisted Treeline

1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saiko

10-19-2012

I just want both

Turtle Omega

10-19-2012

I'm definitely looking forward to the new TT. The old one was just crazy unbalanced, and had a surprising amount of gamebreaking bugs that were never fixed. Even if they were fixed, I feel the old TT would never get a new playerbase, and would slowly dwindle down to its few diehard fans. Now with the hype of a new one, tons of people are pouring in, excited to play it. The only problem is people see the altars, which seems inspired from Dominion, and go "wah" and cry about it, because they considered Dominion a failure, and by some strange, unintellectual correlation, the new Twisted Treeline will be just like Dominion.

WillWW

10-19-2012

Honestly, the only reason I ever play tt is because its 3v3. Any change made, I'm willing to adapt to. As long as it's 3v3. I'm easy to please. Looking at the new items makes my mouth water though.

CaptainAMorgan

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooOnUrChest69 View Post
There is a difference between whining and expressing ones concern for the new map. Yes the original map had flaws, which Riot did a great job at fixing, however new aspects were not needed. People did not hate the old treeline, they disliked the turtleing, random jungle and a few other things. A fix to these would of sufficed but Riot took it a few steps too far by adding Altars that dictate when you team fight. If I want to team fight constantly, ill play dominion.
This simply.

This map has nothing to do with the old TT and hence shouldn't replace it or bear the name in any way.

It's very clear to people who played the old TT that it needed the following to make it more balanced: Jungle fix, Buff changes, Map changes (walls that shouldn't be jumpable or only parts shouold be jumpable), new ADC and mage items (not bruiser items), fixed base, fixed lane top, and ward price increase.

It didn't need more than that to maintain the map feel and the gametype feel.

The new map has neither in common with TT and that is why I don't like it.

It isn't TT, so I don't like it. The only thing I would like out of this is this map being released as a standalone and them doing the above to fix TT.

Why add dominion based things: Objective points that give a buff, lack of warding or wards, a speed boost, the objectives are set on a timer, Shorter death timers.

Explain why these make TT better. They make TT something else entirely, which was not what most dedicated TT players wanted.

We wanted simple, and this is too "extravagant" if you even want to call it that. It's just not right.

Virus Scan Me

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderheads View Post
No jungler means i gotta split cs . Is there increased gold generation like in dominion?
yes just capture bases teir 2 and you get +2 gold per minion kill

Keegstar

10-19-2012

No matter what the altars take away from the gameplay. why have a nexus if you're going to have altars? there is no reason. they will make this as bad as dominion.

CaptainAMorgan

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegstar View Post
No matter what the altars take away from the gameplay. why have a nexus if you're going to have altars? there is no reason.
agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegstar View Post
they have made this as bad as dominion.
Fixd

Sinisterslayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

i am literally not going to play lol anymore after they change tt im a very sad panda

Sinisterslayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

they only reason half these people are saying they like the new changes to tt are cause they arent avid tt players this new map is not tt its like saying we are fixing pantera by making them into a boy band t(**)t

Eryn

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAMorgan View Post
This simply.

This map has nothing to do with the old TT and hence shouldn't replace it or bear the name in any way.

It's very clear to people who played the old TT that it needed the following to make it more balanced: Jungle fix, Buff changes, Map changes (walls that shouldn't be jumpable or only parts shouold be jumpable), new ADC and mage items (not bruiser items), fixed base, fixed lane top, and ward price increase.

It didn't need more than that to maintain the map feel and the gametype feel.

The new map has neither in common with TT and that is why I don't like it.

It isn't TT, so I don't like it. The only thing I would like out of this is this map being released as a standalone and them doing the above to fix TT.

Why add dominion based things: Objective points that give a buff, lack of warding or wards, a speed boost, the objectives are set on a timer, Shorter death timers.

Explain why these make TT better. They make TT something else entirely, which was not what most dedicated TT players wanted.

We wanted simple, and this is too "extravagant" if you even want to call it that. It's just not right.
Well first off, Riot designs Twisted Treeline and all things League of Legends, I think it's more up to them to decide what they want to call their maps. If they replaced 'Summoner's Rift' with the name 'Dominion' I don't think I'd have many qualms about it.

I agree that there were various balance changes that would've made the old Twisted Treeline 'competitive' and more fun, and I've even made multiple threads suggesting these changes. However, with the introduction of a new Twisted Treeline, there will be hordes of new players wanting to try out the 'new' game mode. And with it being such a new map, Riot will be much more open to balance changes. I also think the way the map is designed is brilliant.

The map is smaller than TT. Not only that, but instead of spilling Rainbow Sherbet all over the jungle Riot actually painted the map to look sinister, and the sound effects give it a very eerie and awesome feel.

You do not need wards on this map, not only is it too small, but there is really only one choke-point in which to place a ward, and if you were able to place wards, you would basically have vision of most of the map. Because of this, team play becomes much more important, as when someone leaves lane and heads up through the jungle, there is no 'ward at red' to catch them coming. This will lead to stronger map awareness in players, and possibly some will learn the skill of 'following your lane' when they leave.

The new items on this map make for some really awesome champion possibilities. Overall many more champions will be viable rather than an assortment of bruisers and a couple tanky APs with built in mobility (Singed, Gragas).

The buffs granted I think are brilliant. If you control one point, every minion kill grants an additional +4 gold. If you control both points you get a global +10% damage buff. This will lead to much faster games, and of course with the great changes to the respective bases, turtling will no longer be an issue. These may actually be 10-15 minute games rather than 30-40 minute ones. Also with the +4 gold, champions that need to be built can actually have a chance of getting into late game, without abusing a broken base design strategy.

The ridiculously strong buffs have been removed, as it was making bruisers very imba when they were able to solo them at level 4 with a Madred's razer. Even Shyvana could solo dragon with a Madred's razor at level 4. Dragon hes been replaced with an incredibly bad-ass spider, and the ridiculously 30% move-speed gray buff, along with green buff, have been removed.

The shorter death timers makes lots of sense to me. Now teams will have to consider saving their ultimates for *team fights* rather than blowing 3 ultimates just to punish someone who was out of posistion, knowing that by the time he spawned and a team fight broke out, they would have their ultimate's ready.

The speed shrine is dumb.

Overall I think the new TT will be awesome, and it saddens me that people have complained about it so much when many of them haven't tried it, and Riot worked so hard on it.

I mean come on, I bet you there will be a competitive scene for this new mode, assuming they ditch the speed shrine. The speed shrine is bullsh~t.

1234567 ... 11