Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Major] Blackfire torch proc on Elise's E

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Desert NigMonkey

10-18-2012

Priority: Major

Labels: Elise Blackfire torch No Damage burn

Occurrence rate: 100%

Description: I read That blackfire torch is supposed to proc on spells (the same spells as rylais) when ever you cast Elise's E (in human form) there will be no proc on minions or players etc. Idk if this is intended but per the text it should proc.

Repro steps:
1. Start a custom game.
2. Pick Elise and any combination of runes, spells and masteries involving AP.
3. Get blackfire torch and Use E in human form.

h0vlol

10-18-2012

I have noticed this...and it saddens me

Im Contributing

10-18-2012

I honestly think it's because it does no damage.

Besides, they need to probably make sure Blackfire Torch can't stack with brands passive. Lil' bit broken atm.

George W Nome

Game Designer

10-18-2012

Correct. The current functionality mirrors Rylai's, which means that it goes through a certain chain of logic to apply.

Deal damage --> Not Turret --> Spells/AoE Spells/DoTs

Sucks At Names

10-18-2012

Quote:
HamrioMusica:
I honestly think it's because it does no damage.

Besides, they need to probably make sure Blackfire Torch can't stack with brands passive. Lil' bit broken atm.

It's not broken. Mages are singificantly underpowered on TT for the most part because they can't skirmish like most top tier champs in TT can. They need items like this so that they are even ground with the Bruisers and Tanks that excel at winning small fights quickly via hard CC and mobility.

Now that mages have a way of taking down tanks, they will be able to shut them down if played well.

iAteMyVegetables

10-18-2012

People are overreacting with that item. Saw someone make a topic that a teemo made him from 100% to 40% with 1 melee lol. The item itself does 5% dmg over 3 secs. And it's not true dmg.

Im Contributing

10-18-2012

Quote:
Sucks At Names:
It's not broken. Mages are singificantly underpowered on TT for the most part because they can't skirmish like most top tier champs in TT can. They need items like this so that they are even ground with the Bruisers and Tanks that excel at winning small fights quickly via hard CC and mobility.

Now that mages have a way of taking down tanks, they will be able to shut them down if played well.

When you rush it, on early champions (say you have a fight and brand walks out with all 3 kills and no one else dies with both shrines) it doesn't help much. It is broken when it fizzles 7% of your hp over 4 seconds.

Blaze:

Brand's spells light his targets ablaze, dealing 2% of their maximum health as magic damage per second for 4 seconds, for a total of 8%

Which also adds to the already 8% of blackfire torch fizzle. =/

Imo, this is specifically with brand though. I like the item in general, but early on it just rolls face with brand having it.

ZeIse

10-18-2012

Quote:
HamrioMusica:
When you rush it, on early champions (say you have a fight and brand walks out with all 3 kills and no one else dies with both shrines) it doesn't help much. It is broken when it fizzles 7% of your hp over 4 seconds.

Blaze:

Brand's spells light his targets ablaze, dealing 2% of their maximum health as magic damage per second for 4 seconds, for a total of 8%

Which also adds to the already 8% of blackfire torch fizzle. =/

Imo, this is specifically with brand though. I like the item in general, but early on it just rolls face with brand having it.

Over 4 seconds, with 1 ability, his passive and the torch will deal 13% of the target's max hp over 4 seconds. It's a lot, but it ain't broken. Put into context exactly how much damage that is against the average target. at 2000 hp (not unexpected of another mage) it will deal 100 damage over 3 seconds. Oh my...! Such a large amount of damage. *cough*

Now against hp heavy targets, for which this item is intended, it deals more damage. And that's okay because that's what it is for.

This item isn't any more powerful on Brand than any other mage. Brand deals damage just like any other mage. His % health passive doesn't necessarily make him hit harder against the average target, just better against tanky champions. But not by much.

Desert NigMonkey

10-18-2012

Quote:
RiotNome:
Correct. The current functionality mirrors Rylai's, which means that it goes through a certain chain of logic to apply.

Deal damage --> Not Turret --> Spells/AoE Spells/DoTs

Deal damage being the keyword there I wasn't sure just something I noticed and thought I would bring it to your attention

MCXL

10-19-2012

Quote:
ZeIse:
Over 4 seconds, with 1 ability, his passive and the torch will deal 13% of the target's max hp over 4 seconds. It's a lot, but it ain't broken. Put into context exactly how much damage that is against the average target. at 2000 hp (not unexpected of another mage) it will deal 100 damage over 3 seconds. Oh my...! Such a large amount of damage. *cough*.

What?

Let me help you out.

13% of 2000.
----------------------
2000 * .13 = 260
----------------------
Or broken down further 1% of 2000 = 20

EDIT: I think you meant just the torch item, though you aren't really clear about the separation there in your example. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though.