Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Possible DFG rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SU maniacalpenny

10-18-2012

Change the active to apply on next damaging spellcast, so in addition to the spell's damage it does some % of their current hp. Obviously have a reduced effect on aoe spells. This would make the item more viable on a lot of the long range burst casters who can't currently use DFG and still be useful on shorter range burst casters, or even initiators like malphite or amumu.

It could be really difficult to balance/too strong to balance without making it useless on the majority of the cast, but I think its an interesting concept.

Hoizengerd

10-18-2012

the whole point of nerfing DFG is that it's too damn strong, and you wanna make it stronger??

SU maniacalpenny

10-18-2012

Well its now been nerfed to the ground on the PBE, morello says he wanted to remove it entirely from the game because it was toxic.

Regardless, I said nothing about the numbers so this would do nothing to make it strictly "stronger" just more versatile... Though perhaps that's the source of the problem currently, DFG was too good on everyone, even people it wasn't meant to be good on.

Corner Warrior

10-18-2012

Say goodbye to any relevancy Veigar had left

Happy Decoy

10-18-2012

It is toxic. Ever gone up against a LeBlanc with 500+ AP and a DFG? She'll nuke you from 100-0 before the first silence wears off.

Totally fair.

P.S. I'm really looking forward to seeing the results of this item rework.

Kreyni

10-18-2012

Quote:
Happy Decoy:
It is toxic. Ever gone up against a LeBlanc with 500+ AP and a DFG? She'll nuke you from 100-0 before the first silence wears off.

Totally fair.

P.S. I'm really looking forward to seeing the results of this item rework.

If a LB has 500+ AP and a DFG, you should be tanky enough to survive.
Unless you're the ADC, in which case why are you even in range of LB?

Happy Decoy

10-18-2012

Quote:
Kreyni:
Unless you're the ADC, in which case why are you even in range of LB?

Because good LeBlanc players come out of nowhere (across walls, from the bushes, out of your vision range with Distort + Flash) and then vanish just as fast?