Looking for a new champ for each role

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IeagueOfLychees

Recruiter

10-18-2012

Hey all,
So I'm looking at buying a new champ to fit into each role, I have at least two for each but am looking to expand my roster. Here's a list of the ones I'm considering buying. Also, I've played at least one game with every champ so if its not on my list, I've played them and didn't really like them.

ADCs:
I have:
Cait, Ashe, Tristana, and Kog' Maw

I want:
Ezreal
Draven

Junglers:
I have:
Maokai, Udyr, Nocturne, Xin Zhao

I want:
Jarvan IV
Nautilus (concerned about his viability when they change the jungle)
Olaf
Diana (same concerns as with Nautilus)

Mids:
I have:
Gragas and Veigar

I want:
Zyra
Lux
Mordekaiser
Ziggs

Tops:
I have:
Garen, Jax, and Teemo

I want:
Renekton
Nidalee
Gangplank

Supports:
I have:
Soraka and Alistar

I want:
Blitz
Zilean

So ya, that was super long. If anyone has any thoughts/suggestions on which would be the best pick for each position, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Snake XT

10-18-2012

I hardly get to play bot but if I were to it'd be ADC -Ezreal, Support Soraka but I've seen people play Leona and harass.

Mid - Anivia or Katarina

Top - I've only played as Jax bu Im looking to expand on that.

Dantone

10-18-2012

I'm going to give you my suggestions based on fun rather than viability (I'm sure someone else can do that), mostly because I'm sometimes really bad at champions that are considered the most viable, and really good at uncommon champs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiji1 View Post
ADCs:
I have:
Cait, Ashe, Tristana, and Kog' Maw

I want:
Ezreal
Draven
Having played or owned all the listed champs, I've got to say Ezreal is the most fun. If you've never used smart cast, then reset your hotkeys for his q,w, and e. Additionally, he is actually one of the most commonly used champs. The global ultimate is nice, but sometimes really impractical to use. Also, I have a nasty habit of not paying attention to my screen after firing it cross map, not a habit I would recommend getting into.

Draven is also pretty fun, but I don't like his skillset as much. His speed boost isn't as good as ezreal's flash, and even though his ult goes both ways, its a lot slower and easier to dodge than ezreal's. His spinning axes is a pretty fun dynamic, but still I don't really like it as much. Oh, and also, Draven doesn't have any real poke potential, which seems essential in serious matches.

Quote:
Junglers:
I have:
Maokai, Udyr, Nocturne, Xin Zhao

I want:
Jarvan IV
Nautilus (concerned about his viability when they change the jungle)
Olaf
Diana (same concerns as with Nautilus)
First off, I'm super jealous because I've really wanted Maokai for awhile now and everytime I get close, I buy someone else on a whim.

Anyways, I really enjoy Jarvan, but more as a solo top, he has good poke potential, and his flag-spear combo is an awesome initiate and escape. His ultimate is also a game changer, but make sure you don't get your own teammates stuck when they're trying to get away (I've done it more than once...)

I also have played quite a bit of Naut, and I don't really like him as a jungle. I prefer playing a tanky support. This is mostly because his jungle clear times are less than remarkable. So he's not really that fun to jungle.

Olaf is a natural jungler, and late game he's an unstoppable duelist. His vicious strikes plus his ult means that he has enough lifesteal to sustain damage for a long time, and undertow is an awesome harass, and great for chasing since its an almost constant slow (assuming you pick the axe back up).

I haven't played that much diana. She's a pretty good mid as well, so if you want some flexibility, there you go.

Quote:
Mids:
I have:
Gragas and Veigar

I want:
Zyra
Lux
Mordekaiser
Ziggs
Zyra: haven't played her that much
Lux: Really awesome ult. Long range, broad missile, with a lot of damage and a low cool down. Her snare is also really good, especially since it lets you grab enemies hiding behind creeps.
Mordekaiser: Another really great ult. Can completely change the tides of a skirmish/team fight to bring an enemy from the other team to yours. In addition, his passive really helps you because as long as you're damaging enemies, you can keep the shield up. Also, if you get just a bit of spell vamp(I usually get will of ancients) then all of the health costs of his abilities become irrelevant.
Ziggs: Another one I haven't played enough to be familiar with

Quote:
Tops:
I have:
Garen, Jax, and Teemo

I want:
Renekton
Nidalee
Gangplank
I haven't played renekton in a long time, and i've never played nidalee, so I don't have a lot to say there. I bought gangplank, but it was mostly for the spec ops skin. The fact that his parley adds on-hit effects (crits, lifesteal, sheen/trinity force) is really awesome. His passive basically allows you to outrun any other champion early game. And his oranges actually heal a ton even if you don't have an AP. Also, another global ultimate, which is always nice. I don't rely on the damage too much, but the slow is nice, and you can use it to cut off pathways.

As a side note, if you haven't tried jax as a jungler, I would recommend it. I'd say he's one of the easiest junglers and best gankers in the game.

Quote:
Supports:
I have:
Soraka and Alistar

I want:
Blitz
Zilean
Blitz is another one that I've intended to buy since I first played him, but haven't yet. I'd say his grab is the most game-changing ability in the game. If you can master it, you can pretty much bring any team to victory (well... almost. Some teams there's nothing you can do for). Alistar is known as the CC king, but I find Blitz has a lot more potent CC: a hook/stun, a knock-up (with a super short cooldown), and a (pretty large) AoE silence. His passive can also turn the tides. get a manamune and the passive will basically bring you back to full health anytime you drop to 20.

Zilean is alright, but i just find his skillset kind of useless. Maybe it's just the kind of player that I am, but I can't seem to make Zilean work. I've even done well in games as him, but I still didn't feel like I was doing much.

I know you said you've tried every other champ than the one's on this list, but I would also suggest Kennen as a mid and Lulu as support. Kennen has a pretty reliable stun in his passive, and his poke potential with his Q is pretty good. Also, not having to worry about mana is really nice and lets you out harass the enemy pretty easily.

TL;DR: my votes are Ezreal, Olaf, Mordekaiser (es numero uno), I don't really have one for top, and Blitz.

IeagueOfLychees

Recruiter

10-18-2012

Awesome, thanks! I would like to hear a little bit more about the mids but solid points about the other positions +1 to you