Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Solo Revive?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Catnium

10-18-2012

i found that using my revive for the wm fight is indeed a waist if your using it solo
even if you gank bot with it its still a waist , its best to hang on to it and use it a bid later .. its still a good spell to have its just slightly worse if you're the solo guy using it ( sinds you can end up having to 4 vs 1 after using it at your 1st death)

lbgsloan

10-19-2012

Just always take it. It's the same as Flash on SR or TT; even if you enter bizarro world where nobody else ran flash, you having it is still very useful.

If you get a match where it's team exhaust + ignite or ghost + ignite (you might want to run if it's team flash + ignite elo), do you really need another exhaust/ignite yourself? I usually end up running Garrison + Revive every game, because we'd have zero garrisons otherwise.

A Slime Appears

10-19-2012

I generally use it during the first windmill fight and I've turned the tide many times. Of course, I've also blown it stupidly. Have to be smart about it. I usually try to burn it in the first couple fights so I get a second one for late in the game when things are close to try and clutch. It can do very amazing things once you learn when to use it.

Malah

10-19-2012

Quote:
lbgsloan:
Just always take it. It's the same as Flash on SR or TT; even if you enter bizarro world where nobody else ran flash, you having it is still very useful.

If you get a match where it's team exhaust + ignite or ghost + ignite (you might want to run if it's team flash + ignite elo), do you really need another exhaust/ignite yourself? I usually end up running Garrison + Revive every game, because we'd have zero garrisons otherwise.

QFT.

Revive isn't just for zerging the windmill fight. You can use it to gank bot, stop a backcap, assist in a jungle fight, or just because the bonuses are really good. If you're the only one that has it, then congratulations, that's still one more revive than you'd have otherwise.

valzyf

10-22-2012

Revive is dumb and shouldn't even be in this game. It totally screws up good coordination and team fights. 'Oh, you killed all four top and only lost one of your guys? Too bad, cause someone just popped revive and got a triple kill.' What the hell fun is that? You do everything right and win the fight just to lose cause someone can immediately pop back up with MORE than full health.

It's retarded and I know I'll get flamed, but I'll say it anyway. If you take revive you're a cheap ****ing ******* who doesn't deserve to win, but unfortunately probably will. If you screw up and die or just flat out get outplayed, you should have to deal with the death timer, like the game was intended.

Thunderfrog

10-24-2012

Quote:
valzyf:
....you should have to deal with the death timer, like the game was intended....

Isn't revive the first summoner spell you learn, or among the first? I would say Riot "intended" to have that get-out-of-death-timer-free card around for some time now, and it's a perfectly viable option.

Cless

10-24-2012

Flash is dumb and shouldn't even be in this game. It totally screws up good coordination and team fights. 'Oh, you used all your gapclosers or CC? Too bad, cause someone just flashed over the wall and got superior positioning for a pentakill.' What the hell fun is that? You do everything right and win the fight just to lose cause someone can immediately flash over a wall and continue to do damage.

It's retarded and I know I'll get flamed, but I'll say it anyway. If you take flash you're a cheap ****ing ******* who doesn't deserve to win, but unfortunately probably will. If you screw up and flashed into a wall or just flat out get outplayed, you should have to deal with the walls, like the game was intended.

There's your parody for you based on SR.

valzyf

10-24-2012

Quote:
Thunderfrog:
Isn't revive the first summoner spell you learn, or among the first? I would say Riot "intended" to have that get-out-of-death-timer-free card around for some time now, and it's a perfectly viable option.

If it's intended to get out of death timers free, then why have them in the first place? Remove them entirely and just let people immediately respawn upon death. And why reward someone for dying with more health?

You get it early to help out newer players, but it's just stupid to have for veterans. Again, it totally negates any good planning, coordination, and team fighting you may have had because they immediately come back to the fight with more health than they had before, while you are left with whatever you had, which may well have been a single sliver of health in well-fought back-and-forth fight. You should not be punished by someone having revive when you manage to pull out a fight like that.

It practically forces you to take revive to counter revive and that's just bad game design. Yes, flash is still pretty OP even after the multiple nerfs (range and cd), and I use it on some champions, but I prefer and have great success with ghost. Unless they flash over a wall, there are a lot more options to counter flash than there are to countering revive, other than also taking revive. You can ghost and catch up to them, exhaust them, dash to them with a champion ability, or run flash yourself. Yes, I said you can run flash to counter flash, but again it's not nearly the same thing. It's not the only option available to counter it. But, with revive it is.

I'm not a fan of being forced to use a specific summoner spell to succeed. I very much like having my choices open to me. But because of how ridiculously stupid revive is, the vast majority of people are using it. I generally see 3-4 on either team anymore. The whole point of having 13 or 14 summoner spells available to choose from and giving you two slots to fill is that you get to choose what to put there. When all of a sudden you are forced to take one just to keep up to everyone else, things get bad. That's why they nerfed flash so many times...

It's the same problem as seeing the same 10 or so champions over and over again, even though there are about 100 champions to choose from. They are too good and people play them because they want to win. I want to win, too. I play to win. But, I'm not one that's going to play one of those ten or so champions just to do it. And I shouldn't have to. Nor should I be forced to take revive to succeed.

EDIT: Scratch that. Let's remove all choice from the game, cause who needs that? Let's force everyone to have flash/revive and every team gets Darius/Yorick/Jax/Kassadin/Ezreal (there are few others that fit here, but w/e just picked the first five that came to mind). That will solve all the problems. Then you know what's coming. The only choice is who gets what champion. Or we could do away with that entirely, too. We can just make it so that whatever order you are assigned to the team is what champion you get. So the first guy gets Darius and so on... Cause that totally makes for a fun game. Not having choices. Being forced into taking something because it completely outclasses everything else and makes it irrelevant.