Solo Revive?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ka0tiK

10-18-2012

Ok, so it is pretty obvious (or should be) that Revive is very useful in Dominion. However I am currently at an elo rating where the games are fluctuating between 4 people with revive selected and just me running it. Now if you are going to be bottom then it is clear that you should still take it, but what about when you are going top with the only revive? I have noticed that it loses almost all usefulness for the windmill fight, and this makes me save it to use at a more opportune moment based on later team fights or mid pushes. This has led on a few occasions to only getting a single use out of it in the match. Given I am the only one that has it, would it not be better in those instances to just go with garrison/ghost+exhaust? I have not stopped using it yet, but was wondering if anyone found themselves running into the same issues I was

SuperQuackDuck

10-18-2012

I would say that you should make a judgement call. If your whole team is still dead theres no point wasting it. But if you can reinforce a fight quickly or save a tower, then use it.

I would still run revive even if my teammates dont. If you use it well it'll catch on.

Ka0tiK

10-18-2012

Part of the reason I have not stopped using it is just that. However to get use out of it at the windmill fight you have to play overly aggressive(dive) or overly passive (poke until you are the last man standing). This allows you to use the revive to either reinforce your team asap or res with them from when they died early.

Sakuri Ono

10-18-2012

Personally I say it's worth taking it solo even if you're not Bot. Because unless your Bot is surprisingly skilled (possible but unlikely if they're ignoring Revive as an option) or against a combination of a bad enemy laner/team they're very likely going to die or be in immediate danger of dying at an inopportune time. With Top usually being a cycle of deaths (unless you're winning Top very hard) there's usually going to be at least one moment where popping Revive to go full speed to Bot either to turn a Gank into a 2v2 or cover for your freshly dead Bot is a tide-turning move; as opposed to hoping and praying that 10 seconds is enough time to resurrect and stop the cap-in-progress.

frumper

10-18-2012

If you're not the first to die and your team doesn't have the health pool (or the other team has more revives) to make your run to windmill worth it, you should gank bottom.

There are also scenarios where you should hit their mid instead, or gank enemies returning to the windmill if you will be no help to the top fight. For example, if you're an assassin and someone w/o CC is alone in the jungle you know you'll get a quick kill or dominate the exchange losing little health and forcing them to go back to base.

You need to have your mental clock working on the time it will take for the enemies at windmill or dead to reinforce their team on your attack. With that said, there are times when holding your revive for the next fight might make more sense as well.

Ka0tiK

10-18-2012

There are definitely scenarios where it is useful, no question. My issue with that is only getting a single use out of it waiting for those moments. I think one of the only drawbacks to revive is the cooldown. This is not much of an issue when both teams are full of revives as they will end up getting burned in the first couple windmill fights. However only getting one use out of it takes some of the shine off of what should be a required pick.

SylianEUW

10-18-2012

You could still use it for the windmill fight and use it for a bot lane gank, I suppose.

frumper

10-18-2012

If you're waiting so long to use the revive that you get one use, shame on you. You should be getting your movement/health bonus at some point in time to help your team in the first few minutes of the game if you die.

If your games are only lasting less than 15 minutes, no other summoner spell would help you from getting dominated as bad as you just did either.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

Always take revive anyway.

Hypersauce

10-18-2012

What I used to do when I was the only revive on my team was initiate an important team fight, get as much damage in as possible, and let them focus me down on purpose, wasting their CDs and possibly even ults to bring me down. I would then revive and usually get back in time to clean up and assist the 1-3 teammates who were still alive and fighting.

Note: this only really works with bruisers or builds that won't have you dying in seconds. Jarvan is great for this since he can disrupt the enemy team and even ult them allowing his team to get a lot of damage in before he dies.