Vayne tweak

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ıcarus 905

10-18-2012

Situation: Your playing Vayne and you need to escape for whatever reason.
You pop your ult, and dive to go invisible, NOW you cant dive again until you shoot and proc the 2nd part of dive and because you cant stop moving to shoot you cant dive again to go invisible again to better escape, EVEN though if you: pop ult, dive, shoot, you can dive and go invisible a 2nd time during ult.

I think the cooldown for vaynes dodge should be consistent and If i want to dive again before shooting my shot I should be able to, it just wouldnt stack, it would just cancel out the bonus damage from the dive.

has anyone else been screwed over by this? and feel it should be the way I stated, or is this intended?

ıcarus 905

10-18-2012

Anybody lmao?

Ferreira Pedro

10-18-2012

Doesn't sound like a bad idea.

AncientZero

10-18-2012

But think of it this way, At lvl 5, tumble has a cd of 2 seconds. If it was tweaked as you said to a consistency of 2 seconds per tumble, think of the impact that would have in laning and in team fights. Every 2 seconds you get a free skillshot dodge with nothing to restrict its usage. Vayne as we know it would be super broken.

ıcarus 905

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientZero View Post
But think of it this way, At lvl 5, tumble has a cd of 2 seconds. If it was tweaked as you said to a consistency of 2 seconds per tumble, think of the impact that would have in laning and in team fights. Every 2 seconds you get a free skillshot dodge with nothing to restrict its usage. Vayne as we know it would be super broken.
Okay so increase the cooldown while the shot is charged to 3 or 4 seconds instead of having to wait 6 seconds for the shot charge to expire, and then another 2 for the cooldown.
So it would play out like: dodge

then could dodge again after waiting 4 seconds refreshing the shot charge
OR
shoot and then have to wait another 2 seconds for regular cooldown
OR
keep charge for the full 6 seconds

AncientZero

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARUSthelegend View Post
Okay so increase the cooldown while the shot is charged to 3 or 4 seconds instead of having to wait 6 seconds for the shot charge to expire, and then another 2 for the cooldown.
So it would play out like: dodge

then could dodge again after waiting 4 seconds refreshing the shot charge
OR
shoot and then have to wait another 2 seconds for regular cooldown
OR
keep charge for the full 6 seconds
I see what you mean. Yes, Lowering the effective time frame of tumble's bonus would be a better go at it.

ıcarus 905

10-18-2012

Quote:
I also just played a test game
This is how her dodge works anyways, as long as she has a target she can:
dodge
shoot, wait 2 seconds
then repeat

the only thing is if she dosent have a target to shoot her dodge has a MINIMUM 8 second cooldown, im saying reduce the need to have a target AND OR reduce the time before you can dodge again without a target

AncientZero

10-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARUSthelegend View Post
I also just played a test game
This is how her dodge works anyways, as long as she has a target she can:
dodge
shoot, wait 2 seconds
then repeat

the only thing is if she dosent have a target to shoot her dodge has a MINIMUM 8 second cooldown, im saying reduce the need to have a target AND OR reduce the time before you can dodge again without a target
That is correct. The skill set that riot gave her is solely for her to be a chaser not an escape artist. Look at her passive and ult, It grants her bonus move speed only when facing an enemy champion. I am guessing her q is the same way. It is designed to close distances for clean up kills, not to be used as a spam escape. However, I do agree that the bonus time from tumble is a bit too long.

ıcarus 905

10-18-2012

Quote:
That is correct. The skill set that riot gave her is solely for her to be a chaser not an escape artist. Look at her passive and ult, It grants her bonus move speed only when facing an enemy champion. I am guessing her q is the same way. It is designed to close distances for clean up kills, not to be used as a spam escape. However, I do agree that the bonus time from tumble is a bit too long.
yeah I totally understand how it makes sense going along with her kit.
Also you brought up another point

you gain movment speed when RIGHT clicked onto an enemy champ, not while moving in thier direction
which I think is kind of silly
So if i click on the ground near them im not getting the movement speed buff but If i click ON THEM i get the movement speed buff, and when you stutterstep alot, it kind of makes her passive useless