Being the big 'Boss' man.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Graiskye

09-29-2010

K, hope all are having a good week. I am.
The last couple of days I have been trying something in game, basically adopting the role of team leader.
Unless someone else steps up immediately, and have more experience, I will do my best to lead the team. I find this mainly involves, encouraging team mates, admonishing teammates, putting forth strategies, and reminding people of laning responsibilities.
Ill start the game with a simple,
'Lets have a good game, play defensive to start, and look for opponents weakness.
And please, for all that is right and honorable, don't go for the 'gank' unless it is a sure thing.
good luck and Have fun. Oh yeah, and Lets Kik Ass'

Been winning more than losing.
It seems to me teams want a leader, players do well when they think there is someone with a master plan.
So what is my master plan ?
Blow up the opposing teams nexxus.
I don't chase KDA, I play the game,push the lanes, harass the hell outta the enemy, and I remind others to do so as well. If I have a handful of kills and assists at the end I am happy. If I get no kills and we win, I am happy, a lil ashamed but we won, so what.

Now this is obviously a fine line. Why ?
Well sometimes you have to act a little pissy, a little angry, sometimes people need to be put in place.
Sometimes a player just needs a bit of encouragement to really come into their game.
A simple GJ when they are defending well, or whatever.
Often, and I have witnessed this multiple times, they will start to play a lot better if they feel there is someones got their back so to speak.
It is not just about being bossy, and admonishing players, the encouragement is just as important, if not more so.
Like I said it is a fine line.
Am I always right, I highly doubt it. I mean I really, I really doubt it.
But, without it, a leader for the team, the games usually devolve into various 1-2 vs 4 or 5 skirmishes, the team running around in confusion, and then the infighting starts.

So why did I post this, because I am curious as to others experience with being the boss man.
Are there others that implement this strategy. I would love to hear from others, and some different ideas.
Thanks for taking the time.
-G
tl;dr:teams seem to do better with a leader, are you that guy/girl ?

DrWhiskersTheCat

09-29-2010

I'm usually the leader because almost ALL my team mates never talk.

malifaux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2010

gj keep it up

Graiskye

09-29-2010

No one else has any thoughts on this. To me it seems sorta like the carry phenom, they talk about in matchmaking, but the leader phenom, or the leader affect?
Just curious.
Peace,
-G.

Dezmen92

09-29-2010

99 of the 100 times i'm with 1 or 2 friends in que. and my friend allways like to be the team leader xD so i'm fine with that.

Phoenix7786

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2010

I always make sure to give people encouragement or explanations for some of my actions.

Like a Flung Garen away from my lane-mate Xin after we got the kill on Jax and denied Garen the kill on Xin.

Told him GJ and explained that that Fling was specifically designed to save him.

downfall20

09-30-2010

I don't mind somebody stepping up and coming up with a strategy, or encouragement, but when people start to tell me how to play, that's when I get mad. If you wanna lead, that's awesome. But don't tell me how to play.

Graiskye

09-30-2010

Quote:
I don't mind somebody stepping up and coming up with a strategy, or encouragement, but when people start to tell me how to play, that's when I get mad. If you wanna lead, that's awesome. But don't tell me how to play.
I understand that, and I am cool with that.
By the same token, and in the interest of discussion, what about someone who wants to jungle, and their lane partner is weak, and requests help in the lane ?
Is it wrong to suggest, in solo que, that perhaps the team, for this game, or at the least, the start, the team, it is a team game remember, would be better served by helping the 'weak' team mate lane ?
This is part of the fine line I speak of, and I like to hear others views on such a scenario ?
it comes up often.
Specially with WW free this week, lol.
-G.

Phunbaba

09-30-2010

Usually, no matter how politely I offer advice, most of these kids "don't want to be told how to play STFU HOOKER!"