[Official Petition] Let new TT be a new map by itself.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lamaravishh

Recruiter

12-30-2012

Hi! Agreed. ! SIGNED

Grindey

12-31-2012

Signed. Yes I want old Twisted treeline There be my favorite map, now i just play Sumoners rift :S

DrHextechDude

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hraagh View Post
No, it isn't. This isn't twisted, nor is it a treeline.

I don't want the fast-paced high-action MUST FIGHT EVERY TIME WE SPAWN feeling. That's what Dominion is for. That's what Proving Grounds is for. That's what FPS games are for. They're quite good at it.
Now our only option for a game that doesn't involve a fight within 10 seconds of spawning is Summoner's Rift. Why don't you enable both maps for a while, and let PLAYERS choose which one is more popular? If I'm wrong, so be it, but why don't you let the players decide instead of forcing this down our throats?
Just bumping this guy's answer which really worths upvotes and bumps.

Singed ( ) and upvoted

FriendlyRaid

12-31-2012

signed

Denerka

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post
Hi all, just wanted to drop by and say a few things. To start off, we certainly have been reading this thread and watching it over the past few weeks. I haven't been posting here because I wanted to see the overall sentiment from around the community about the new Twisted Treeline after people have had a chance to play it and experience it for themselves in a meaningful way.
New "Twisted Treeline" (if that's what you want to cal it) is a slap in the face to those who played the original. Moving on...

Quote:
When we started looking at Twisted Treeline really intensely earlier this year (around the start of 2011), there were many issues that the community had identified. Among the worst were turtling, the meta being pretty stale, and there were a pretty big number of exploits that had way too much of an effect on the game. (You probably already know this, though.)
Turtling? Simple, pull the Fountain further back or simply add the wall like you did. That's it. Meta being stale? Ha. Might as well rework all of Summoner's Rift then.

Quote:
So, when we sat down to try and solve the problems, the solution space we started in was small - can we make a few simple changes here or there? What if we make a few item changes, etc.? Those helped, but ultimately we started expanding what we tried, but at the same time we were seeing better resolution to those problems. We adjusted the layout, sometimes making small changes, sometimes trying things we thankfully didn't ship (and we tried a TON). In the end, the map we created and all of the changes that have come with it was our answer to the problems that have plagued the map for a very long time. Our goal has and will always be to allow the fast pace, high action, small team feel that TT should represent to flourish.
That's where you guys are wrong. You are trying to make everything a "zomg must be endless team fight or no fun rush rush go" playstyle. That's not what Twisted Treeline was, nor what it should be. You have Dominion if you want mindless fighting.

Quote:
As for the fate of old TT, right now we have no plans to add it back into custom games. we wanted to make sure that we don't split the focus of our players for each game type. For the same reason we probably won't ever create a 5v5 map that's really similar to Summoner's Rift, we didn't want to split the TT community between two maps. There's really no winner in that scenario, as there are two maps to support, two metas to maintain, and overall a really small delta between the two. We'd rather have you and our teams focused on one, working together to make it great as opposed to two, having neither of them living up to their full potential. If competitive TT is also going to take off, having two maps, even in custom games, is detrimental.
Just because the team sizes are the same doesn't mean anything. The Shadow Isles (as I refer to it) is not Twisted Treeline, and it never will be Twisted Treeline. It's an entirely separate map with an entirely separate playstyle.

Quote:
Let's be clear though, this is still Twisted Treeline. It is a bit different and sometimes change can be a little disruptive, but when we took a look at what we had on our hands after thousands of playtests, we wanted to release the new TT to you and get feedback as part of our Beta process. That's still ongoing, and we're going to continue to listen to your feedback and make changes going forward, ensuring that TT has the support it deserves.
Let's be clear though, this is not Twisted Treeline. Want our feedback? The new map is pretty, it has it's bonuses, but it's nothing in comparison to the original. There is NO reason to delete the original map from matchmaking. It was, is, and always will be, a horrible idea.

TL;DR: The Shadow Isles is pretty, but it's nothing in comparison to The Twisted Treeline. Bring it back; not just to custom games, but to matchmaking. Don't let Ebonmaw suffer any longer. /signed.

M4T1 H3R0

01-01-2013

Signed... I HATE THE NEW MAP...

cravix

01-01-2013

Just wanted a bumb. F@#! you Riot and your failing to listen to us.

PITN

01-02-2013

Just gonna say i fully agree with Nome and prefer the new map :P

Doctor Chau

01-02-2013

bump and signed again pls bring it back!

DMX Syndrome

01-02-2013

Signed.